Lost

gah.. haven't watched it yet.. must.. resist .. spoiler tag...

sayid should kill the kid!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was epic, and I think
that's what sayid is thinking..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope not confused at all. :) I have the other seasons on DVD & Blu-ray so I refreshed my memory before this season started.
Last nights episode was crazy......... and in a way shocking.....

the introduction of Young Ben to Sayid, with Jack and James questioning each others mettle is getting crazy!! Christian showing the picture to Sun.. it sure looks like the island did not want Sun to jump to 70's

ok.. finally got around to watching it last night.. thoughts are as follows:

young ben: Don't think Sayid can kill Ben - remember Faraday's mantra "what happened, happened" - since Ben is a live in the future, he can't be killed in the past by Sayid.

Faraday: What happened to him? We know he worked the construction of the Orchid from previous episdoes but Sawyer's response to Jack's question: "Faraday's here?" ("not anymore" was the response). What happened to Farady? Or is he just gone mentally (as in crazy)? We know at some point, he warns Charlotte..

Sayid: Why did he show up in a different place than the others? Next week's episode seems to indicate a darker path for him.. and with young ben asking if he's a hostile - wondering if Ben had met with Richard yet in the jungle..

Sun: question remains as to why she did not jump back and stayed in the present with Ben. Christian's line: "you have quite a journey" hints that she may still be able to travel back and meet with Jin in the past.. Certainly she is a lot darker than in previous episodes as well..

nah
I believe they were brought to the island to stop ben from killing the people in the first place

nah
I believe they were brought to the island to stop ben from killing the people in the first place

that wouldn't jibe with the theory that
what happened, happened - meaning, they can't change the past because it all already happened.

if there's anything we know about the show, logic doesn't really hold water.

Therefore, Ben, Locke, all that jazz, there will be interesting things that will happen.

Now, what I don't understand is, why is Desmond not there? :( He's obviously special since he had all those visions and stuff.

And what about Jin and Sun's baby?

Now, what I don't understand is, why is Desmond not there? :( He's obviously special since he had all those visions and stuff.

And what about Jin and Sun's baby?

well, they're not there because
they were not on the original flight to the island..

The whole idea of "saving the island" that Locke talked about was about needing to bring back the original people. Desmond was not originally on the Oceanic flight.. neither was Sun or Jin's baby.

now, Aaron is questionable since he was on the flight but wasn't born yet.. So, we're left with needing to bring back Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hugo, and Sun.

edit: and Locke's dead body.. remember also that Faraday's mom said about getting back - they needed to recreate the event as closely as possible: ie: flight with a dead body (using the same shoes no less!) someone coming onboard in handcuffs, etc..

that wouldn't jibe with the theory that
what happened, happened - meaning, they can't change the past because it all already happened.

yes but Faraday (or how ever you spell it) said the same thing but then he changed things buy banging on the door where Desmond was in order to save that woman

yes but Faraday (or how ever you spell it) said the same thing but then he changed things buy banging on the door where Desmond was in order to save that woman

Actually, he did it for himself I believe.

but he still changed the course of his time line albeit a small change, thanks to his book :)

No.. i think in his book
he had already written in the past something to the effect that he had talked to desmond - meaning, it had already happened keeping the "what happened, happened" piece still valid

or maybe he wrote that if x event happened then he should try and talk to Desmond as a possible solution ;)

No.. i think in his book
he had already written in the past something to the effect that he had talked to desmond - meaning, it had already happened keeping the "what happened, happened" piece still valid

I think he was his constant, which is why he had to find him. Else he would begin to experience what Desmond had.

hmm.. sazars comment got me thinking..
In the season 4 episode "The Constant", Faraday actually had already written in his journal that Desmond was Faraday's constant. I believe the exact writing was, "if anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume is my constant". And when Faraday is talking to Desmond, he mentions that Desmond is special that the rules don't apply to him. I can only surmise that the rules of time travel "What happened, happened" etc.. dont' apply to Desmond.

Desmond does seem to be special in regards to time travel and the idea of predestination and has been involved in several time travel paradoxes.. Remember he had already met Faraday's mother (Eloise) during his flash after turning the failsafe key in the hatch. He had traveled back in time

Upon returning to the island, he awoke with a similar ability to Eloise - in that she (and he) obtained some small ability to see the future. Desmond was able to see the future of Charlie and, to a small extent, put off the change but was not able to completely change the course of the future ("What will happen, will happen").

And in the constant, his mind went back to the past (1990's I believe) before finding his constant in Penny..

So, as the island travels through time, the people on the island need their constant - perhaps that is why they needed the oceanic 6 to return - or maybe the island itself needed them back as a constant to stop jumping in time..

My comments make many people think.

And as an aside... yo momma's my constant :eek:

I am my own constant....... :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back