Firebird Discussion

I just voted for it too. I'd like to encourage everyone else to please vote for it as well. Especially if you're a Firebird user and a regular visitor of NTFS.org.

is there anyway to make ALL links to load in the background instead of a new avtive tab???

can someone point me in the right direction of installing the real media plugin? can't seem to work it out...

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20171004 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1

Still dont get any errors on any pages, no out of wack NTFS.org, and i also tried the later builds, nothing to be seen.

Have to say that FireBird on FreeBSD = nice and fast.

Anyone know where I can find the nightly builds change log? The release notes and the info on the site are only for the milestone releases.

doh

one of the reasons ie has been faster for me is my fastnet99\\well, silly me, fastnet 99 supports firebird right throught the gui

how slow am I?

Fastnet? Is this some sort of speed up internet type of thingie?

ya, it will turbocharge your page loading;

FastNet99 is a network utility that will speed up your web browser every time you want to connect to a web site on the Internet, by avoiding time consuming DNS lookups. It provides all the tools you need to help diagnose network problems and get information about users, hosts and networks on the Internet or on your Intranet. It combines DNS Lookup, Ping, TraceRoute, WhoIs, Finger, Time Synchronizer, Port Scanner, E-mail Checker, Net Launcher and more...

it's free, and it's the first thing I do to my internet

doesn't it just cache the DNS using your host file?

ya...among other things, it does this on the fly...like typing in the address directly without looking it up, some other stuff too, but that's the biggy...is there another way to do this in mozilla without a program?

Originally posted by dealer
doh

one of the reasons ie has been faster for me is my fastnet99\\well, silly me, fastnet 99 supports firebird right throught the gui

how slow am I?

So how well (fast) is it runnin now? That's if you're usin fastnet99 with Firebird now.

haven't had a chance yet to do a side by side, but it's definately caught up by my naked eye

Does anyone know the hack or a link to, to replace the default icon thing that is the link to Firebird's home page in the upper right hand corner of the firebird browser???

Different themes have different Icons and I would like to replace it. I think that Lynchknot's site had something on it... I gotta go and see. But if anyone has info on this please post.

See attachment. :)

attachment.php

Thanks lynchknot, I was actually searchin there this morning, but I didn't see it.

Thanks again :)

I just got the following from another site;

Those who think browsing is faster with IE and still have either Mozilla or Firebird on your box....
Open up the Moz browser (or FB) and type in the address bar "about:config" without quotes.

Now look for these settings (they are in alphabetical order) and set them to the following values.

user_pref("network.http.max-connections", 128);
user_pref("network.http.max-connections-per-server", 48);
user_pref("network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy", 24);
user_pref("network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server", 12);

I don't have any of these _pref values though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back