Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

Originally posted by dreamliner77
Thanks Ramanuman. I think I'll speak for everyone when I say that we all thank you for the time and effort you put in. You'll make me and alot of other people very happy.
What can I say ? -She's my baby. :)

Hey Ramanuman, Ya think we'll have complaints from that GUY again? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gonaads
Hey Ramanuman, Ya think we'll have complaints from that GUY again? :rolleyes:
From Tight Sphinct Thomas, you mean ?
No chance : only the "Services" doc of the original .zip was in part from his site.
The material in tips&tweaks is all from here, as well as some from "over there" (mentionned in the file itself).

Originally posted by Ramanuman

Hehe, I almost forgot about him. :D Once again, great work Ramanuman! And thanks to dealer as well for starting the thread and contributing heavily! :D

Yup that's the, ummmm... person. :p

Good job on the ZIP. :D
And Dealer too, I know it has taken him away from ANNA for a good while. :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by gonaads
Good job on the ZIP. :D
And Dealer too, I know it has taken him away from ANNA for a good while. :rolleyes: :p
At your service, master. :cool:

(Wait ! Hold the "master" : I already have a couple gonads which are true tyrants. Can't take any more.) :D

At your service, master. :cool:

(Wait ! Hold the "master" : I already have a couple gonads which are true tyrants. Can't take any more.) :D

You can hold your MASTER any way You like. Leave me out of it. :p :p

SuperHidden

Well I just Downloaded Ramanuman's Tips&Tweaks doc and it is a very good source of info. Now I don’t have to try to remember all the tweaks when I reformat!

Anyways I have no idea if this has been posted before.
It would take me a year to search through all 43 pages of this post to see if it was.

This is an addition to the regular show hidden, lets you see a little deeper into things you shouldn’t :)

--ShowSuperHidden--

-Ok Open regedit and make your way to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

-Next Find the DWORD value ShowSuperHidden, Change the value from 0 to 1.

-Now open windows explorer, go to view-refresh

**Tips-
I use this tweak only to delete things when I first install xp, so once I have made it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced I go to Favorites and click add to favorites, Then name it something like Super Hidden...
Now when you want to disable superhidden just click your favorite and your there!**

Hope that can be of use to somone!

Re: SuperHidden

Originally posted by mitch529

I use this tweak only to delete things when I first install xp...
What do you delete ?

Well after I have disable system file checker The main thing i delete with this is the DLLCache, Then its anything else I dont need

shouldnt it be 2000 for hexadecimal for maxcachedicons? so it would be 8192 decimal correct?

Originally posted by EMPIRETANK

shouldnt it be 2000 for hexadecimal for maxcachedicons? so it would be 8192 decimal correct?
It's a STRING, isn't it ? -No need to choose.

Final version (going on vacation tomorrow) :cool:

"Final", that is, until you guys give me enough new tweaks to justify an update. ;)

In any case, in this one I only corrected a bunch of mistakes, and cut out a couple redundancies.

See you soon.

I have a Question for something I've haven't seen yet:
Is there a way to delete the OLD Icons from the Taskbar?
Meaning Taskbar and Start Menu/Customize/Past Items.......
Is there a way to delete these?:confused:

well, here's an interseting time saver for those that don't know it;

when you're gonna do a google search, put in as much information as possible, seperating with commas...that'll isolate the search

Is there a way to delete the OLD Icons from the Taskbar?
Meaning Taskbar and Start Menu/Customize/Past Items.......
Is there a way to delete these?

Navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

Delete Value Data in IconStreams and PastIconsStream

To refresh the registry hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, on Processes tab select Explorer.exe and End process. Go to Applications tab, New task..
Type explorer then Ok.

Thanks Nagaho,

I wish XP had an easier way to do this, but it worked.
Actually, it was easy..........lol :D

I have another quicky tip for laptop users

sometimes just hovering over the battery icon will give me what's remaining, sometimes, I have to open the box

well, I dissabled "show details for each battery", and now the hover info works all the time...big time saver for me

sorry, update...didn't do the trick either...don't bother with this one

To Ramanuman and everyone who contributed - Nice work, guys! This is the most useful collection of Xp tips on the Internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back