Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

or you can ... but do you know how to ...

Or you can go to System Properties/Advanced/Visiual Effects and select custom. The very first check box is "animate windows whin minimizing and maximizing". Uncheck that bad boy and be done with it. There are lots of other fun things in there as well. Good place to go if you need to free up some resources. That is unless you like to pop the hood and get into the registry.

I am trying to find a way to make a single partition visible to only one user. There must be a way with gpedit.msc.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

SJ

Tips

change the default location of your background directory (the place where you change wallpaper) in Display Properties > Desktop tab > Background list box (involves only registry editing)

1. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
2. locate "WallPaperDir". Double click to open edit dialog box
3. type the complete path of your picture directory (e.g. C:\...................)
4. you dont need to restart to preview changes

My small contribution

Hi every one I have been reading this thread for start to end ( it only took 3 fujistic hours :p ).Thanks for all the greate tweaks, looking forward to the next updated .zip file. Now to my very small contribution.

If you (like me) have alot of open windows and want to access a shortcut on the desktop? Instead of minimising all of the windows just use Winkey-M. Very Fujistic :D

Don't you think this thread has outlived it usefulness? Even if there is some usefull info in this thread I doubt many people are going to be patient enough to spend a full day reading through it. I know I sure as hell wouldn't. It would be more beneficial to the visitors to have this thread split up into more navigable sections.

ps. I do not mean to insult you dealer but the fujism thing has gotten very old.

Well, after reading all the Fujistic tweaks, this is all I could come up with.

If you’re like me then you do allot of surfin. You hate it when you try and open a web site and it opens in the IE that is already open.

Here are a few tweaks to make surfin easier.

Right click on your task bar, go to "Toolbars" and click "Address"
Now your address bar will stay on your task bar.

Want the "Go" button gone?

Want all the URLs you put in the Taskbar Address Bar to open in a new window?

Open IE go to Tools / Internet Options, click the "Advanced" tab,

Uncheck "Show Go Button in Address Bar"
Uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

Also I found this neat little shortcut while goofin around.

Is it just me, or does everyone usually have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del twice to access the "Task Manager"?

Just hit "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" once! ;)

Thanks again to all you guys, great info, way to keep it free!

Don't you think this thread has outlived it usefulness?

No, of course not. If you are one that would spend alot of time customizing your machine, then reading through this to find some fujisticly amazing tweaks is well worth one's time. Plus somebody is working on a new .zip that can be downloaded with all the tweaks.

Could someone point this newbie in the direction of a good registry editor?

Originally posted by dreamliner77
Someone had to be the smartass

Wasn't trying to be one :rolleyes:
He asked for a registry EDITOR ... and there's nothing Regedit cannot do as an editor.

Shall I huff, shall I puff,
or shall I simply give you this ?
(See Below...)

I think that covers it.
But I'll greatly appreciate your inputs concerning omissions, mistakes, etc.

[By the way, where the heck is everybody ?]

WELL LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY...UNBELIEVABLE, RAMANUMAN.

I can't believe how much time you must have spent putting this together....you deserve qouite a bit of credit...gonna put this on the front page

THANK

PERRIS

Originally posted by dealer
I can't believe how much time you mist have spent putting this together....you deserve qouite a bit of credit...gonna put this on the front page
Thanks Dealer. Much appreciated.

-It really didn't take that much time (if you don't count subjective time, which is real time multiplied by the times my girlfriend nagged at me to get away from my pc...). :rolleyes:

hey....I'm new to the board....thanks for the excellent effort on the zip

p.s. greets to fellow Canadians

Welcome welcome welcome :D

Enjoy the ZIP, and the Forum. :)

Originally posted by Ramanuman
I think that covers it.
But I'll greatly appreciate your inputs concerning omissions, mistakes, etc.
:D nice work, well done,
;)

Thanks Ramanuman. I think I'll speak for everyone when I say that we all thank you for the time and effort you put in. You'll make me and alot of other people very happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back