Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

did someone say page 13???? holy fujitzimama...how many fujistick pages are there?

I only see 9 pages??????

Wait a minute............... Aha!

Edit Options
Default Posts per Thread:
Number of posts that are shown on one page of a thread. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute............... Aha!

Edit Options
Default Posts per Thread:
Number of posts that are shown on one page of a thread.

Ta Daa !
:)

Whoo Hoo!! 22 Pages and Growing!! What's the longest Thread HEre anyway? Ours? Oh, and I know this is in the wrong forum, but anyway, Could you guys and gals tell me what - if any - game controller you use for the PC for FPS games like UT, or Jedi KNight II? I'm trying to find something to make it a little easier and there seem to be several different ones to choose from like the Game Commander, Sidewinder Dual Strike, Belkin Nostromos, that I really don't know which one is better or works well with XP. Thanks for the input!

hey valek...I don't do games, but someone will

here's another of my favorites...

temporary internet files...every so often, ya gotta take out the trash...this is the best way for me

first, inspect the contents of the temp folder,windows key+ Run, and enter %temp%. This'll open an Explorer window showing you every file in the Temp folder. You can usually delete any file older than a few days...keep it in the recycle bin for a couple after they're deled

Here's a good 1 for revealing hidden folders & having quick & easy access to them - Drag n Drop the folder onto the start button.
I find this really handy for the history folder which for some strange reason has been put in a really hidden folder, if I tick unhide I can see it for this session but after a reboot its hidden again.
Does anyone know how to make the C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings, folder permanently unhidden ???

For easy access to windows hidden programs like msconfig & regedit - Do a search for the program - when you've found it, drag n drop its icon from the search window to the start botton.
Voilla. Thats definitely it for it today.Hope I've life easier for you all BFN.

Windows tries to reuse the browser window you opened first...doesn't want to open a new browser. I want a new browser...ere's how to get ie to do it every time...from IE, hit tools, internet Options. click the advanced tab, uncheck reuse windows for launching shortcuts..

Unfortunately, I use office 2000. So I can't try this.
But if you have Office XP (SR1) and use Outlook to view your e-mail, you might wanna go here .

This Ms article is about a reg tweak that will allow you to view all your e-mails in plain text--which is less ressource hungry than HTML--while transforming the pictures in attachments.

ok, I've been soooooo frustrated trying to surf with 56k, I had to make a couple of concessions, but they really speede me up...if you're 56k, give these ideas a look

since even page loading is a tourture, I've decided to "never check for newer versions of the stored page"...ya, I know, I won't have a current load, but in most cases, I don't need a current load, and I can reload the page in a new window if I think there's new info...so, since I visit the same pages a whole lot, I'm now visiting every site from the cache, and it's actually faster for most of my surfing then t3...so I gave up a little(newest content), but I got alot back in return.(don't have to wait to do most of what I do)

the next concession I made, I increased the amount of disk space I use for temp internet, and it's back up over 1000...ha...never thought I'd do these things, but do them I did, and boy, I'm happy...t3 speed for surfing my haunts.

if you want to try, it's tools,internet options, settings...then try differant combinations, or exactly what I tryed, see if you like it to

ok, I like to call my documents what I want o call them, My word docs are "word"..I don't need a free advertisement for ms, letting me know it's a "microsoft word document"...here's how to take controll

tools, View, Folder Options, File Types tab. look through the list until you find the file type you want to change. Click the Edit button and change the text in the Description of type box. Click OK

Wow

Yo Dealer...
I too run on 56k & get majorly annoyed with slow surfin...So I tried your methods to speed things up and...Sweet!!...Tho not exactly movin @ T-speeds, I must say there's a big difference...

Thanky!..... C.

cool carol, just remember to refresh any page you think might have new content that you need, or, do this, while on a page, instead of refreshing, hit control+n, that'll open a new browser with the sqme page...reload that, while you're getting whatever content you need from the old page

ok, gonna post this here, so the idea doesn't get lost for new people

whenever you join aa forum, the first thing to do is immediately find the "new posts"button, it should be there in some form, with differant words for that search, but uit should be there...when you find it, right click, hit add...in the window that pops up, rename it whatever you want, and from then on, when you visit the forum, or just want to see new posts from anywhere in the forum, you'll be able to save lots of time...very cool...all forums

A "Sticky" eh dealer, it's gonna be the biggest thread in history, well done.
---------------------------------------------------------------
This is where I would put a "Were not worthy" gif from Forum 3

k...when you need to go into safe mode, forget that f8 blah bla blah...just open msconfig...hit boot.ini, hit safe boot, then reboot...voiala...safe...make sure you uncheck to get out of safe on reboot

I was so proud, way back when this thread had gotten to 5000 views, and now, today, someone will be the 20000th viewer...I don't know who you'll be, but I'm hoping you're yet another newbie, and that you'll tell others about the great find you made at the experience web site.

I feel like mcconnalds...I'm old enough to remember the huge marketing campaighn when they first sold 1 million burgers, and they used to keep a running count, now, just say billions...

I edited out the last paragragh, as my idea could be a big mistake for newbies

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back