America under siege?[just perris in a rant]

j79zlr said:
If Clinton was "obsessed" with terrorism, why did he pardon those Puerto Rican FALN terrorists?

Same reason any politician does anything, $$$$$

Lee said:
It's o.k. Johnny, now I don't care what you throw at me, I am a stuborn old git that has been through 3 wars involving my Country so it's 'water off a Ducks back'.
:p:p:p:p
I'm sorry but that made me laugh,you sound like your about 90 and been through the Blitz but your my age and we haven't seen or been through anything like that :laugh:

sweetlu said:
They will divert funds away from homeland security so that some second grade teacher can earn a couple of hundred dollars more per month.

I find it astoundling that anyone could think this is a bad thing. The United States of America has one of the worlds most powerful armies, navies AND air forces (most countries strive to excel in ONE of these), why do you need more?

Canada's army is weak I admit, but we know it and allow it. We allow it because we haven't pissed off the rest of the world and if ever we do go to war we will probably have a legitimate reason (the only one I can think of would be defense) and the rest of the world would back us up.

Please save the pathetic claims that we would need the US to defend us. They are honestly the only country I fear, due our shared border and the fact that we do have lots of oil.

Ohzopants said:
The thing I keep wondering is how a war on terrorists turned into a war in Iraq.

And in reply to another post about my chicken **** prime minister (for the slower one out there that's the canadian "president"), he's not a coward. He did a very good thing: his job. He represented his people, none of which wanted to go to war, and told bush to **** off the way we wanted him to.

your damn right he did his job!

Chretien wanted to kiss the butts of these terrorists. He claimed that we should sit and talk to them, and ask them why they do what they do. Like talking it out would help. He wanted us to wag our tails like him and run in fear. He also claimed that we are the main reason for 9/11, and that we attacked our own country so we have an excuse to go to war with Iraq. Some may ask why we invaded Iraq, it was because of the fact that Hussein was harboring and training terrorists. He supported them in all factions.

Husseiin is not the story here. The story is that this si a mess, and everyone is shifting the blame on Bush, he should not have the blame on him. It should be on the Presidents before him. I blame Clinton the most because he did nothing to stop it. I don't care what perris says, Clinton is more accountable than Bush. Plain and simple. These sworn testemonies that I keep hearing about are probably text of things that only a left winger can see. Views are views, some blame Bush, I blame Clinton .. Case closed ..

I don't care what anyone says, Clinton is to blame. If he was sitting here right now I would tell him he is to blame .. I would tell him over and over again.

Johnny said:
Chretien wanted to kiss the butts of these terrorists. He claimed that we should sit and talk to them, and ask them why they do what they do. Like talking it out would help. He wanted us to wag our tails like him and run in fear. He also claimed that we are the main reason for 9/11, and that we attacked our own country so we have an excuse to go to war with Iraq. Some may ask why we invaded Iraq, it was because of the fact that Hussein was harboring and training terrorists. He supported them in all factions.

Husseiin is not the story here. The story is that this si a mess, and everyone is shifting the blame on Bush, he should not have the blame on him. It should be on the Presidents before him. I blame Clinton the most because he did nothing to stop it. I don't care what perris says, Clinton is more accountable than Bush. Plain and simple. These sworn testemonies that I keep hearing about are probably text of things that only a left winger can see. Views are views, some blame Bush, I blame Clinton .. Case closed ..

I don't care what anyone says, Clinton is to blame. If he was sitting here right now I would tell him he is to blame .. I would tell him over and over again.

LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :crosseyed:

Johnny said:
Exactly what I said before about accountability, Clinton is more accountable than Bush. As far as pointing fingers, one should think about that before claiming that Bush is to blame for all the this, including him "Supposedly" having a hand in the terrorist attack on 9/11. Yes we did attacked one time and it was the worst one in history, but it was because of a mess that Clinton left, there is no way Bush could know when it was going to happen. or if it would happen, threats are threats. Usually they are treated as nothing more. I agree that he might have known it was a "Threat" to happen, but then if you look at the past with Bin Laden and his track record, you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know he was going to try it again. It's kinda funny that it hasn't happen since huh ? I wonder why ? Maybe because they know we aren't laying down adn taking it this time. I personally feel they didn't expect us to do what we did, and when we did it threw them for a curve. They are so used to doing things like this and getting what they want, that, this was something they were not ready to take. If you look at the records you will see that terrorism hhas gone down since we went after them ...

Diff people diff views. anyone who is not an American will agree that everything is Americas fault, whether it be the rain fall in the Amazon or the snow fall in Alaska. It's the same principal with the "Left Wingers" in this country, people are looking at Bush and saying he is 100% at fault what happen, and not looking at Clinton. Or saying Clinton is an angel, he was the best President since FDR. It's a crock of crap. Now, I am not a Right Wing or a Left Wing. I am a "Center Wing" independent, I just don't like to see when someone "Points" the finger at a one individual, claiming that he is 100% at fault and not looking at what the President/s before him left for him to clean up.

I blame Bush for invading Iraq w/o provocation or reason. Other than that, the same things you suggest about Clinton apply to Bush.

I am not blaming Bush for 9/11, I am saying his actions post 9/11 leave a lot to be desired.

And Perris - Your views are not of a normal, you sound like someone who believes everything he reads or sees on the internet ...

As do you :)

Johnny said:

Really show me where he said you attacked your own country

Johnny said:

Ya see, this is where an investment in education would help you/your country.

The problem with Democracy in the world today, is that those in power can move the election process in their direction (for the latest example, see the election of Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe). I know that Bush election officials were very zealous about keeping protesters away from his appearances (OK -- they stopped free speech around the president), but I don't think were directly responsible for the mess in Perris' original post. When you invite a presidential nominating convention to town, the local politicians make that party happy. When the police arrested 1,806 persons, at least a few had to be brought to trial, and evidence was manufactured.

As for the rest of the thread, I guess we have a great divide over what we believe. Some buy into the Bush version that he is fighting terrorism in Iraq. I and others think that the invasion of Iraq took resources away from the moral war in Afghanistan. We Americans forget that when we do something in another country, there are consequences for decades to come. Many of the weapons used against us in Afghanistan were given to the Afghans by the USA to fight the Russians. We helped Iraq and Saddam Hussein in their war against Iran.

The monies spent on the war in Iraq should be spent on safeguarding our ports. It could be used to fight a better war in Afghanistan.

Lastly, we Americans should remember that those in other countries are free to think for themselves. If they don't believe in our war in Iraq, (like the majority of Americans), they are FREE to think that way. Let's not make fun of them for not believing in the weapons of mass deception.

tom9042 prepare to be smothered in rep points.
well said.

jimi_81 said:
Ya see, this is where an investment in education would help you/your country.

Not sure that would help lol

But really just because this time around Canada did not jump on the band wagon and because we did not jump on the "shield" band wagon a few weeks ago , I sure hope you guys dont invade our Country saying we have WMD I mean we got peashooters and a few sticks around :lick: :lick:

Ohzopants said:
The United States of America has one of the worlds most powerful armies, navies AND air forces (most countries strive to excel in ONE of these), why do you need more?
Yeah, but I don't think that are Army is as powerful as it has been. Bases are closing all the time [a big one possibly here in NY] and this "War" in Iraq is taxing our military mighty plenty.
Canada's army is weak I admit, but we know it and allow it. We allow it because we haven't pissed off the rest of the world and if ever we do go to war we will probably have a legitimate reason (the only one I can think of would be defense) and the rest of the world would back us up.
Yeah, but I think Canada has a concept of allies that Bush considers an after-thought.

Canada's Army?

Sorry we dont have one of those would you settle for a bunch of drunk crazy ass bastards we got plenty of those up here!!

there is no need to make this into a schoolyard argument.
we have an army.

we dont police the world, we enjoy it.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Canada's Army?

Sorry we dont have one of those would you settle for a bunch of drunk crazy ass bastards we got plenty of those up here!!
With sticks and peashooters? Why they could take out someones eye...
Unacceptable,prepare to be invaded... :laugh:

When is a good time for vacation up there?

I thought the canadian Army was a bunch of Eskomoes riding around on Moose ?? or was it a bunch of Tree climbers dressed as penguins ??? lol !

[edit] By the way, I am done arguing with about these issues. They get us nowhere. It don't matter who the individual, they will think what they want. If they have a mind set they won't change it. With that I am finished, time to move on. [/edit]

They have them in Canada also,, The northern part I think. Anyway, it was a joke. I guess no one will get it lol .. It don't matter.

I will say this, I loved canada when I was there, it is probably the most beautiful and "cleanest" place I have ever been in, it makes the cleanest place here in the states look like a sess poll lol .. I think that is the first place I have been in that you can literally eat off the side walks.

Johnny said:
I thought the canadian Army was a bunch of Eskomoes riding around on Moose ?? or was it a bunch of Tree climbers dressed as penguins ??? lol !

[edit] By the way, I am done arguing with about these issues. They get us nowhere. It don't matter who the individual, they will think what they want. If they have a mind set they won't change it. With that I am finished, time to move on. [/edit]

i think the only thing we agree on Johnny is that the RIAA sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back