America under siege?[just perris in a rant]

mlakrid said:
ok I wasnt gonna say anything but this is your 3rd post that I have argued with you about bush, and now you have gone TOO FAR...

First to make sure everyone has a fair shake.. and makes up their own minds:
I served in the United States Navy from 1990-1999, I worked as a Cryptologic Tehcnician Maintenance... basically we repair and performed maintenance on cryptographic devices and all other telecommunications equipment for the Naval Security Group/NSA/CIA/CSS/ and OGA's (other government agencies *the agencies so black book they choose not to have names*)

I have worked at mount weather (look it up), NSA, several NSGA (Naval security Group Activities) world wide to include: Kevlavic, Iceland, Diego Garcia Indian ocean owned by brits leased by US military, Northwest (chesapeake,va) to name the biggest ones.

I STILL work in a secured arena with a very high level DoD clearance with access to sensitive compartmented information (again look it up)

What Im trying to say without saying how I know is you are dead wrong about everyone having the information regarding the attacks... why do you think the Director of the CIA resigned??? could it have been the scandal?

Did they provide intel.. Yes... was it all correct? NO.. were they warned about possible attacks using airplanes almost 2 years prior to the 9/11 attacks? YES

so before you go running your mouth about something you know NOTHING about.. shut yer mouth, go join the military, join any job that will afford you a TS/SCI clearance, and then get in and read anything and everything you can about the 9/11 information, you will clearly find nothing is clear cut, and all the lines blurred as to who knew what and when...

I F*&K$#G cant stand people like you who believe everything they hear or see on TV and I could care what channel its on.... not everything will ever be released to the public regarding what happened 9/11

Many thing you dont hear today directly affect what will happen in the future..

you dont hear much about the stinger missles that were provided to the pentagon and white house for anti-air protection... when ground to air radio contact has no effect for planes flying in their closed air space do you??

so, to reiterate.. unless you have seen or read the information first hadn, WHICH I HAVE... then shut yer damn mouth....

Incase any of you are wondering... I work for SOCOM and CENTCOM on MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL I got out of the Navy because there was simply too much $$ to be ignored as a military contractor... I will also be in Iraq in less than 14 days for one week, so I see what has happened in the middel east first hand about 3 times a year...

for all you still reading this (besides perris) im sorry you had to read my book, I really needed to get this out of my system.

F ME you PISS ME OFF Perris....

<----- Anyone who is tired of hearing his anti-bush, bush did everything wrong.. Please press the little STAR!

sorry, but the pdb is clear and precise...though rice had the nerve to try to call it "historical", it was clearly not

this president was warned when, where how, who, what targets...everything

the very aids that wrote the brief said they made it crystal clear that they informed him this was an imminent threat to be dealt with immediatly.

their "hair was on fire" as it had never been before...this is the sworn testimony of Bush's own aids

he did nothing...he enjoyed his vacation, secure in the knowledge that there would actually be people that would think doing nothing with this intel would be the very best course of action

on the other hand, Clinton was given an almost identical brief, put the country on high alert and managed to divert the threat

you couild read page `128 of the report on 9/11 headed by a republican and commisioned and applauded by this president if you'd like to see how a president is supposed to deal with intel that severe

there is no saving grace for how this president handled that information

ThePatriot said:
Well, that situation isn't even close to resolved yet, is it? Lets see what transpires in the next year or two.

It has been a few decades, I guess another few years won't matter in the scheme of things. The point that regime change doesn't always go as planned seems to be lost here.

So, we must affect everywhere to be effetive anywhere?

Our ally that we have agreed to sell more weapons to has not had any form of democracy for several years and its president is in his position by virtue of a coup. Not much has been said about democracy in that country.

We can't pick and choose where we wish to employ our policies because it smacks of hypocrisy. If we have a uniform policy, than we must employ it as such otherwise rhetoric is empty.

I never said you were "un-American". Just of differing opinion. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon because it seemed the right thing to do at the time. GW didn't twist anyones arm and I'm still amazed that otherwise intelligent people think he has that kind of power.

He is very adept (thanks to his team) of twisting arms to engage in positions they would not otherwise engage in. It is a different type of politics introduced by Clinton and honed by Bush.

No more stable?! Officials elected by the people and NOT threatened with death for voting wrong is not more stable? Not only is that a ludacrous, but an insult to all the men and women in uniform who work hard every day to make it better. I think you need better information.

I have good information. There are numerous issues to resolve and from day 1 the main problem has been the kurds and their reaction to giving up their psuedo autonomous state. Read my posts in the war on Iraq and read up on the subject. They are the best organised military group in the country.

Also elections != stability. Stability will be a resumption of the local economy to an extent where all the yound retards currently blowing themselves up will actually be gainfully employed. If you think I am insulting the men and women in uniform because I disagree with the rosy assesments and refuse to hold up a single positive event or a single negative event, and instead comment on the situation as a collective whole as I see it, so be it.

I didn't label you as liberal, I just said you believed their pompous line of crap that they constantly spew.

Obviously you disagree whole-heartedly because you believe the pompous line of crap constantly spewed by neo-conservatives better suits your own idealogy. You are entitled to your opinion but please do not pre-judge my opinions if you do not know where I am forming them from.

Maybe just what they needed was to be reomoved from under the finger of a regime that is known to be less-than-user friendly? Maybe a little freedom from dictatorship-by-proxy rule will give them the incentive to move towards democracy...maybe not. But it wouldn't do a damn bit of good leaving them the way they were. Syria will answer for their misgivings sooner or later. If Lebanon is under their own power at that time, it'll be that much easier.

We have run plenty of proxy governments around the world and still have a few that resemble those of the 70's and 80's. Syria and Lebanon have had an intertwined existence. I am all for the complete withdrawal of Syria but the suggestions made to date that Syria withdraw completely and the simultaneous utter lack of help or organisation by way of international troops coming in to assist with the power vacuum smacks of stupidity.

All true...as I said, being proactive means you will make mistakes and maybe big ones at times. But ignoring the problem wont make it go away. We ignored the problem for decades. Now we have to actively go out and do what we can to fix it. BEFORE it comes to our doorstep again.

We had an opportunity after the first Gulf War. We faltered, thousands of Iraqi's died. We had an opportunity everytime we thought about regime change or propping up the mujahideen or the early version of al-qaeda and other terrorist organisations. We have had PLENTY of opportunities but for some reason we never seem to learn that our own policies are resulting, constantly, in the problems that we are trying to resolve.

If we have not learnt by now, what makes you think that we will miraculously find a way out of the blue? There is no correlation between actions and the end result.

We didn't in a direct manner. I never said we did. I never connected the invasion directly with the war on terror...but it sure did help. How, you ask? Al Quaeda terrorists, among others, are falling all over themselves trying to get a piece of the Coalition GI's in Iraq, and that keeps them away from here. Not to mention the still-evolving Oil-for-Kickbacks scandal which I am sure has money tied up in terrorism. Thats not a reaql stretch considering there is already proof Saddam funneled money to terrorist groups.

Terrorist organisations have existed for a LONG time. They did not somehow magically come out of the blue on 9/11. They will continue to evolve and come forth in the future as well because their methods, as abhorent as they are, work.

Al-Qaeda has a limited presence in Iraq. It is all the NEW terror organisations that have formed since the invasion that have been plugging away at our troops, our allies and the iraqi people. In the meantime, there are plenty of terror attacks continuing across the world as before and americans are still being targetted.

Invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do from a point of principle.

Wrt the oil-for-food, how in the world does it segue to terrorism? Does that mean that the american companies and individuals assosciated with the program who benefitted immensly and assisted in the fleecing of billions are complicit in terrorism?

Also what terrorist organisations did Saddam funnel money to?

the subject has become off topic

I just want those policement to be brought to justice.

if the whole story is an exageration as j79 and others seem to think, they will be found innocent.

if the story is true, these people and those responsible for the orders to behave in that manner need to be jailed

Johnny said:
@lee - My views are not based on how much you donate. My vies are based on whether you are a tree hugger or not. basic Point, liberals suck. plain and simple. They are the reason you have so much bull floating around, their mission is to disagree with anything that can make a positive affect on anything, they are the ones who feel we should kiss the grass of those who attack us and those who would hurt us. They are the ones that allow themselves to get slapped. They are nothing but a bunch of wimp ass girly men, who spitshine the boots of the real fighters ...

Liberals are the reason you can make points like you do in this great country of ours and not be persecuted for your beliefs.

I believe the term you are looking for is LEFT WINGER. :cool:

Also, for the posters in this thread, as with any other thread with religious/political significance, please refrain from personal attacks or inflamatory comments that are meant to do nothing more than demean the poster/s you are responding to.

There is a certain degree of leeway employed towards threads of this nature but this does not imply one should abuse it. Keep in mind we have people of all ages coming on this site.

Thanks.

fimchick said:
Every European country and all of its citizens are just the same! Find me one Brit, Canadian or anyone else in this thread that has not bashed America and claimed to be better than everyone else.

It's the same people who claim that they didn't need our help in WW2. That we didn't help them defeat Hitler and that they were doing just peachy on their own. Get real!
1. I don't see where anyone posted how their own country was better than anyone elses.
2. Getting tired of people bashing the US??? I mainly see people bashing the US government and their policies from over the past few years, not the average citizen. (It's like anyone from the US doesn't "bash" other countries or something... Can't handle your own medicine? (so to speak).
3. I also missed where anyone stated that American help wasn't needed in WW2 (please show me), however I did see someone state that it wasn't JUST the Americans that won the war by themselves.

Sazar said:
There is a certain degree of leeway employed towards threads of this nature but this does not imply one should abuse it. Keep in mind we have people of all ages coming on this site.

Thanks.

What he said, with knobs on

Johnny is typing, we are all hippy's and need a hair cut

Nothing like a good old political debate with knobs on to boil the blood.

Lee said:
Johnny you really have a problem with people with different beliefs.

Afghanistan nor Iraq attacked you, au contrare U.S.A. & it's allies did that.

If you're such a big shot, go volunteer for the armed forces and show us what a big hard bastard you really are.

I don't have a problem with my beliefs anyone elses beliefs. My problem comes when some one is to blind to see that Clinton did nothing in his thwart to take out bin laden. He did nothing during his Presidency. I have a probably when some one seems to strongly think that Bush has a lot to do with the attacks, after being in office for seven months. That is so arrogantly ignorant that it is just unbelievable. I have a problem when some one makes a statement that Clinton took every action conceivable to take out some one who attacked us three times, when he didn't. He did not do anything in this whole ordeal. He is a prime example of how a "Left Winger" is. Sit on their ass and let them do it, the more they sit the more they will do it. Bush went after these people, if you look. We are fighting Terrorists, and we are looking for Bin Laden, the Liberal Media - New York Times for example, will never post that. They will only post the bad parts of this whole ordeal.

I have a couple of cousins in Iraq right now, they are on the front line. They tell me all the time to not believe what the media is saying, they are making it look worse than it really is. There is a lot going on over their, the biggest part we don't know about. There is a lot of stuff that is not being told. The liberal media is only saying what they feel will make the country hate the President. It's just like when you hear a movie star spout off about so and so, they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They only feel that since they are famous they can can say what they want, all they are really doing is making a full of themselves. Look at the recent sells reports of said famous people, since they starting spouting their mouths their sells have gone down. That should tell that people feel they should stick to what it is they do, especially since some of the ones that are spouting never even finished hight school.

I would join the military if I could, I tried to join, Medical reason DQed me. They said that more than likely I wouldn't even go to Iraq, they have enough people there as it is now. And they are starting to bring people back .. That is more than I can say for some people. Run off at the jaws but sit and complain about it. Cry to your mommy, the President this, the President that. Clinton tried to stop him, Bush did nothing. What a bunch bull **** ..

Clinton did nothing, he had a couple of opportunities to take him out but did not one thing. They had bin laden right on target, all he had to do was say the word, he said no. Why ?? Because he was more interested in doing Monica than he was trying do the country. I don't care who you are, I will never believe that Clinton tried to stop him, and Bush is at fault for all. Bush got the mess Clinton made and is stuck cleaning it up. Plain and simple. Bush went after these people who attacked us, Clinton went after a peace of ass .. You decide, fair and balanced. Clinton did nothing, Bush did every thing in his power. Think of it this way, in the time that Clinton was President we were attacked three times by terrorists. In the time Bush was President we were attacked once, only because of the mess Clinton made. We have not been attacked again. Why? because we went after them !!

As a note: I appologize if I started flaming people, that is the last thing I want to do. This a pretty mature place, I would like to try and follow that trend.

Johnny said:
I don't have a problem with my beliefs anyone elses beliefs. My problem comes when some one is to blind to see that Clinton did nothing in his thwart to take out bin laden. He did nothing during his Presidency.

sorry to burden you with the facts johnny, but according to every single sworn testimony ESPECIALLY the testimony of Bush aids, Clinton did more then any other president in hostory

more then Reagan, who actually funded terrorism, more the Bush senior, who furthered Reagans wonderfull policy, and as testified by everyone, Bush junior actually reduced the effort

Bush aids have gone on the record as thinking (before 9/11) that Clinton was "obssessed " with getting bin laden

so sorry to burden your hate for "liberals" with some facts.

yet the right winged conservative media spin machine has actually convinced you and others otherwise.

this is the pont of right winged media spin exemplified

It's o.k. Johnny, now I don't care what you throw at me, I am a stuborn old git that has been through 3 wars involving my Country so it's 'water off a Ducks back'.

Johnny here is some more petrol for your flame thrower.

Tell that president of yours to hurry up and milk the middle east of it quick, us buggers in lickle old England are going to pay £4 a gallon soon. :p:p:p:p

Johnny, coupla things.

First, Clinton made mistakes and he has been taken to task for them. He admitted making those mistakes i.e. wrt bin laden.

Compare that with Bush. Apologists for Bush refuse to believe Bush has done anything wrong and instead blame it on people before (i.e. Clinton), on activist judges and hate-mongering, america-despising left-wingers (or liberals as they are so apt to say) and basically anything else that they can imagine. But Bush somehow is beyond reproach.

His administration is the least accountable administration in the western world today and that is a fact. No mis-steps are dealt with, they are simply re-spun and shoved under a carpet.

---

Secondly, Bush himself had an opportunity to get OBL in Tora-Bora. He did not.

If Bush did everything in his power as you propose he did, why is Bin Laden still at large? Was it not Bin Laden who launched this massive attack on american soil and led directly to the death of hundreds and hundreds of americans and foreign nationals?

In the time Clinton was in power, we did not have foreign terrorist attacks on american soil. In Bush's time in power, we had the worst terrorist act in history on our soil. Apples and oranges here since neither can really be held accountable for the actions of terrorists in situations such as these but it gives you perspective that when you start pointing fingers at other people for their action or inaction, you are opening a pandora's box wrt deliberations.

How they reacted to those situations is the key.

Well, this was fun and all but if Sazar is going to bring my knobs into this I'm done. :lick:

Seriously, Perris is right, we got waaaaaaay off topic. And, he's right in being concerned about what happened. I don't personally think it was as deep as stated, but I certainly hope that justice is served if it is.

BTW, Perris...can't you accidentally delete my small posts and not my novels? :laugh:

mlakrid said:
so before you go running your mouth about something you know NOTHING about.. shut yer mouth, go join the military, join any job that will afford you a TS/SCI clearance, and then get in and read anything and everything you can about the 9/11 information, you will clearly find nothing is clear cut, and all the lines blurred as to who knew what and when...

I only want to point this out, don't intend to offend here. This thread seems pretty sensitive.

I've broken the above paragraph down.

1. Before running your mouth, you need to get clearance.
2. If you don't have clearance, you know nothing.
3. Once you get your clearance, you know nothing.

Conclusions:

No one should run their mouth at all (which would in turn violate your constitution)
If you don't have clearance, you really don't know what is going on.
If you do, you still really don't know what is going on.

Therefore, mlakrid knows nothing. mlakrid, under your terms, you need to stop running your mouth. :laugh:

Under my terms? Party on, life is short.

This thread is a great read. Keep goin !

ThePatriot said:
BTW, Perris...can't you accidentally delete my small posts and not my novels? :laugh:

that was a great post, and I had some good fodder in response.

sorry that happened

perris said:
that was a great post, and I had some good fodder in response.

sorry that happened
I'm sure you did! :eek: I'm too tired (lazy) to try and reconstruct it! No hard feelings man. :)

Sazar said:
Johnny, coupla things.

First, Clinton made mistakes and he has been taken to task for them. He admitted making those mistakes i.e. wrt bin laden.

Compare that with Bush. Apologists for Bush refuse to believe Bush has done anything wrong and instead blame it on people before (i.e. Clinton), on activist judges and hate-mongering, america-despising left-wingers (or liberals as they are so apt to say) and basically anything else that they can imagine. But Bush somehow is beyond reproach.

His administration is the least accountable administration in the western world today and that is a fact. No mis-steps are dealt with, they are simply re-spun and shoved under a carpet.

---

Secondly, Bush himself had an opportunity to get OBL in Tora-Bora. He did not.

If Bush did everything in his power as you propose he did, why is Bin Laden still at large? Was it not Bin Laden who launched this massive attack on american soil and led directly to the death of hundreds and hundreds of americans and foreign nationals?

In the time Clinton was in power, we did not have foreign terrorist attacks on american soil. In Bush's time in power, we had the worst terrorist act in history on our soil. Apples and oranges here since neither can really be held accountable for the actions of terrorists in situations such as these but it gives you perspective that when you start pointing fingers at other people for their action or inaction, you are opening a pandora's box wrt deliberations.

How they reacted to those situations is the key.

Exactly what I said before about accountability, Clinton is more accountable than Bush. As far as pointing fingers, one should think about that before claiming that Bush is to blame for all the this, including him "Supposedly" having a hand in the terrorist attack on 9/11. Yes we did attacked one time and it was the worst one in history, but it was because of a mess that Clinton left, there is no way Bush could know when it was going to happen. or if it would happen, threats are threats. Usually they are treated as nothing more. I agree that he might have known it was a "Threat" to happen, but then if you look at the past with Bin Laden and his track record, you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know he was going to try it again. It's kinda funny that it hasn't happen since huh ? I wonder why ? Maybe because they know we aren't laying down adn taking it this time. I personally feel they didn't expect us to do what we did, and when we did it threw them for a curve. They are so used to doing things like this and getting what they want, that, this was something they were not ready to take. If you look at the records you will see that terrorism hhas gone down since we went after them ...

Diff people diff views. anyone who is not an American will agree that everything is Americas fault, whether it be the rain fall in the Amazon or the snow fall in Alaska. It's the same principal with the "Left Wingers" in this country, people are looking at Bush and saying he is 100% at fault what happen, and not looking at Clinton. Or saying Clinton is an angel, he was the best President since FDR. It's a crock of crap. Now, I am not a Right Wing or a Left Wing. I am a "Center Wing" independent, I just don't like to see when someone "Points" the finger at a one individual, claiming that he is 100% at fault and not looking at what the President/s before him left for him to clean up.

And Perris - Your views are not of a normal, you sound like someone who believes everything he reads or sees on the internet ...

my views aren't normal?

hmmm...kettle calling the pot black here johnny

anyway, my views are normal for those of us that believe the "liberal media", however, your views are extreme even for those that prefer the "right winged media" as their sorce for information.

now, here are some more distressing facts to burden your right winged media encouraged view;

clinton is NOT as accountable as any president before or after him...sorry about that news flash.

clinton mananged to put this country on high alert when presented with the same data that convinced this president a vacation was the best course of action

are you happy with that?

.clinton's effort against terrorism were called; (in sworn testimony) "he was obssessed"

..why don't you read the sworn testimony of the behavior of this president...it's right there for you to read.

clinton did more against terrorism then anyone before, and then the current president relaxed the clinton effort...facts as sworn to under oath by Bush's own aids

sorry to keep burdening you with facts

if you want to find the person that's the most accountable, you would go to the president that actually funded terrorism...I think you know who that one was

If Clinton was "obsessed" with terrorism, why did he pardon those Puerto Rican FALN terrorists?

The thing I keep wondering is how a war on terrorists turned into a war in Iraq.

And in reply to another post about my chicken **** prime minister (for the slower one out there that's the canadian "president"), he's not a coward. He did a very good thing: his job. He represented his people, none of which wanted to go to war, and told bush to **** off the way we wanted him to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back