AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

your arctic cooler is the loudest bit weeeeee te rest must be pretty quiet then :) when we removed the stock cooler on the 9800pro the system got instantly quieter - but once the cpu and NB are ramped down too its very quiet. if we put some sound deadening in i think we would have a really quiet system. best part is because of the case design much of the sound from the nb and cpu fans gets absorbed by the moulding of the base, where the intake is , and as such u dont get muh of that oise escaping like u may do thru a side or rear fan. If we added a rear bafffle sstem to the rear exhausts and the intake slots i think it would be reaallly quiet :)

Yay, new to the club.

motherboard : Epox 8KDA3J
cpu : AMD64 3000+
ram : 1GB Kingston PC3200 400mhz
gfx card : Radeon 9800 Pro
hds : Maxtor 40GB + Seagate 120GB + Ximeta NetDisk 120GB
screen : NEC LCD 15' ( got to change that ;) )

yeay ep0niks - welcome.... is that the Winchester 3000? If so then congrats on what looks an excellent budget setup for entry with great overclockability potential (the Winchesters run nice and cool so even with moderate cooling you can crank them up safely ;) I have to agree with your comment on the screen though - /me running extended desktop over two 19" here! :p :cool:

The Winchester are S939 right ? then no, but yeah it run cool like 32-35 degrees, might O/C a bit but not much :twisted:

Motherboard + CPU + 1GB DDR cost me 500$ CAD so it's pretty budget "next step" system

I tried to benchmark my system with 3DMark05 but it was crap.. i'll try the Omega driver later (played Doom3 and HL2 and run really great with official ATI driver !?)

Please do not use this thread for technical support or asking questions regarding what certain items may be... it is a generic announcement thread started at a time the products were a novelty and due to the increased volume of posts, inquiries may not be addressed in a timely manner or in sufficient detail...

consider this... if you have any questions or require technical support, it is a lot easier and more likely one will receive both items if one were to simply create a thread in the hardware forums that was appropriately titled... and it would also keep this particular thread linear...

thanks for your co-operation

the original post has been updated to reflect this post...

thanks...

:bandit:

Hey I upgrarded begining of December-ish. From barton 3200+ to FX53/Asus A8V-SE r 2.0 :) Can I say it roxors my boxors? :D

nice to see a post from you here Muya :cool:

I rep'd your ass as well so you don't feel all lonely and stuff...

ah ha...after one month of buying my parts, my sig says it all....thanks to sazar and everyone for emm the info about the amd 64...was thissss close to getting an intel. lucky i held my ground and stayed with amd...btw i had an amd xp 1800+, so emm yea the heat issue didnt make me a fan after i bought it..but true enough, its a cool as a cucumber 40deg now...ahhh...thx again guys...

fantasi said:
ah ha...after one month of buying my parts, my sig says it all....thanks to sazar and everyone for emm the info about the amd 64...was thissss close to getting an intel. lucky i held my ground and stayed with amd...btw i had an amd xp 1800+, so emm yea the heat issue didnt make me a fan after i bought it..but true enough, its a cool as a cucumber 40deg now...ahhh...thx again guys...
Very nice setup you have there, good choice on the graphics card too ;)

Finally joined! I only needed my 3400+ to get better framerates in World of Warcraft.

Holy cow! How am I an elite member? What does it mean?

I am a semi-64bit user at the moment. On sunday i will be joining the club when i get the psu,memory that i ordered and the amd 3000+ 939 from my dad and his gf for my b-day. I will be sure to post pics of before and after since i am getting a modular power supply :).

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

Well ladies and gents :D My 3500+ Winchester's just been ordered, be here tuesday :D

I have finally joined the club after lots of problems!!!!! Here is my setup as of now. My new psu will be here this week (modular).

Amd 64bit 3000+ 939
Kingmax 512mb ram
MB MSI|VIA K8T800 PRO K8T NEO2-F
2x 20gb hard drives
Lite-on 411s dvd burner
lite-on dvd rom
Audigy 2 sound card
Nvidia Geforce 4 mx440

Excellent, I'm officially a member, i'm sitting next to a monster of a case.. but it's tidy :D

Specs are:

3500+ Winchester
MSI Neo2 Platinum
1024mb (2x512) Corsair PC3200 XMS pro
Geforce 6800 Ultra OC

Nice :)...wish i would of had more money to get a better upgrade but i am happy :).

Moonwraith said:
Excellent, I'm officially a member, i'm sitting next to a monster of a case.. but it's tidy :D

Specs are:

3500+ Winchester
MSI Neo2 Platinum
1024mb (2x512) Corsair PC3200 XMS pro
Geforce 6800 Ultra OC

Its about time there wraith :p

When is the FX-57 coming out? That should push the FX-55 prices down. :)

zeke_mo said:
Its about time there wraith :p

Yup, i had to wait till exams were over, only finished'emyesterdayday..well, now officially the day before yesterday<needsto stop prattingabout with pc>

I'm lovin' this new system :)

ming said:
When is the FX-57 coming out? That should push the FX-55 prices down. :)

According to Tom's hardware (looking at AMD's plans forthisyear)thefx-57 which'll run at 2.8 isn't out till the third quarter.So,latesummerish, knowing how well AMD are pushing these out.

[Edit] Ok, those bunched words aren't my fault :rolleyes: I've tried to fix them [/Edit]
[Edit 2] Here's a test for the mods.. more bunched when i edited.. lesse what happens [/Edit 2]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back