AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

I'm wanting a new system. BUT I'm not in desparate need of one since my current system can survive another 2 or so years. Someone buy me an FX 55 cpu. :D

If you happen to know a delivery in east london of 939 3500+ winchesters that is in need of a bump big enough to loose one to me let me know :D Its depressing looking at this K8N Neo2 witout a cpu to make use of it.... Roll on March....

Ok just joined the club, only a 3000+ 64 (939 socket), running at 1.80ghz with a 2000mhz fsb, my old 2400xp had an fsb of 333mhz, so could i expect a good performance increase?

lancer said:
Ok just joined the club, only a 3000+ 64 (939 socket), running at 1.80ghz with a 2000mhz fsb, my old 2400xp had an fsb of 333mhz, so could i expect a good performance increase?
of course not... :p yea man of course you could the 64 is better than any other cpus

I traded places with MFG.

So now its: Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm core, Radeon 9800 Pro (128mb), 512MB Crucial value ram, 120gb segate hdd, 80gb maxtor hdd, MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum 54G to which soon will be added a Dell 2001FP 20" LCD thanks to my 21" CRT telling me its going to give up the ghost in the not too distant future...

the athlon64 is thanks to MFG though ( though I will be buying him a new one :D )

This is true - and I really should make the first post of the order like this:-

Well Hey guys, it was a nice little sojourn in the exclusive AMD64 lounge, but hey I am back to the nnice toasty world of my XP3000+ for a while in the cruddy lil old ASUS A7V8X-x mobo because I happen toi like the way that rig will run almost entirely passive cooled and I can leave it on 24/7 and it does not have BSOD disease like my AMD64 did (which is how Lord got to wangle a loaner on the processor).....

So this is (I think) the first post from someone LEAVINg and not joinign teh club!

OK OK OK I guess I will be back sometime..... Let's hope things go a little smoother next time given the outlay involved!

yeah interstingly I get no bsods with it now that I installed winows on the hardware properly :D maybe all the passive cooling and insulation in the terms of sound proof foam was baking the chip :p

Firstly Hi all.....long time lurker...1st post :)

Heres my set up :)

A64 3500Winnie @ 2.61
MSI Neo2 plat
1gb Geil Ultra
Gainward 6800Gt GS

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 98

WeaponX said:
Firstly Hi all.....long time lurker...1st post :)

Heres my set up :)

A64 3500Winnie @ 2.61
MSI Neo2 plat
1gb Geil Ultra
Gainward 6800Gt GS

Nice! /me approves of that one - you get any heat issues? I don;t want to address Lord directly on that, just trying to compare with others....

this is probably a dumb question, so don't jump me mainframeguy, (well not yet anyway :) ), but will i a 32bit user see any difference using the 3000+ 64 over say a 3200xp, both run cpu speeds about the same, but the clock speed is far faster.

so anyway the question will i see a significant speed difference, (i may have asked this somewhere else but cant remember).

Hi Everyone,

i got myself a A64 3500+ 939 CPU (upgraded from 3200 754) with Asus A8V Deluxe rev2.0 but my question is when would we see any 2nd revision SLI boards and is dual core cpus and the mobos to support it worth all the hype?

I apologise if this is the wrong section to ask this ;)

Dual Core CPUs are hyped far too much. There are very few applications out and about that consumers use that take advantage of multiple cpus which is essentila all a dual core chip is.

SLI isnt all that great it doesnt provide much of a boost to games that I can tell from reviews, having never seen it in practice I cant comment much on that.

So no, its not worth the hype, but yes in 12 months time it will be worth investing in.

ahh ok thanks for that, just wonder how the heat would be under essentially 2 cpus under one heatsink hehe

just joined the club, got the gateway 64 bit laptop just because my ole lap crapped out and I wanted something immediatly

gonna go back over this thread to see what I need to do.

gonna want to tri boot, 64 xp, xp, 64 linux...gonna need tons of help too

Well, I finally did it. I upgraded my system. :eek: Ouch! :p

Asus A8V Deluxe Athlon64 Socket 939 Motherboard Rev 2.0
AMD Athlon64 3000+ Socket 939 90NM (PIB)
Corsair 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5

Me sooooo happy, and now me sooooo broke. :p

Already ramped up the CPU to 1.95Ghz (as you know they are base 1.8Ghz)

Now if I could only win the lottery sozz ta buy a new Video Card. :rolleyes:

gonaads to you see any kind of speed increase with the o/c on the cpu? ANd i mean real world increase not spec increase. like to games run faster, or the pc boot up quicker?!

I can now join this club.
AMD 64 3500 Winchester with a Zalman cooler.
2 X 1gb DDR 3200 Crucial memory.
Abit AX8 PCI-E motherboard.
120gb Maxtor SATA HD
Sony dvd Burner.
Sony DVD Rom / CD Burner.
Leadtek 6600Gt PCI-E 128mb Graphics card.
Antec 480 watt Neo Power supply.
Experimenting with OS`s and have had trouble with both Windows 64 Beta and Linux 64 bit SuSE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back