Support our troops!

Originally posted by kitct
It would appear that good news for america is bad news for the democrats.The commerce dept (according to the ap wire) is reporting that the economy in the 3rd quarter is growing at the fastest pace (7.2%) since 1984.If the economy continues like this we may want to consider putting the democrat candidates on a "suicide watch". :p

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031030/D7UGJQTO0.html

democrats don't bemoan the bad economy just because of the gdp... recall growth was down below 4% after it had been up recently... the increase is welcome.. no doubt...

however democrats (and others) are not saying that the economy is bad due to the gdp alone... there are VARIOUS other factors and indicators...

however here's my take on the economy...

our US government is relying on FOREIGN money to keep this nation going with its incredulous deficit... and don't even get me started on the wasting of billions of dollars in Iraq...

no bid contracts... pfft... do that with your OWN money... not mine...

accountabilty and transparency... something Bush said he would bring to the white house are unfortunately a figment of his imagination...

that is unless he thinks all the figures that people pull out are fuzzy math ?

:)

That is good news for the US, lets see if it maintains growth :)

what an absolutely histerical article

how's the saying go?

been down so long, it looks like up?

bush absolutely demolished the american economy...wtihout a doubt, his doing

the very first thing this man did as fas as the economy was concerned was to actually say;

"The economy is aobout to crash...so don't blame me"

talk about irresponible, idiotic, self fullfilling statements.

of course, when the public heard this, they went out and sold all of their stock...only an idiot wouldn't have known this would be the effect of that statement

how irresponsible can a head of state get

the concervative press kept blaming everything, and everybody but bush...god they want him re elected

now, with this meagar step back towards something not even close to where bush felled us from, he is somehow heralded by this concervative media

what they won't do to get this man re elected.

it's amazing

The AP is conservative press? That's news to me! (no pun intended) :p

the press has been concervative since reagan repealled the "fairness in media" doctrine

now, the wealthy rebublican owners of these publications can say and do whatever they want in their medium without any fear that an oposing point of view need be presented

ah reagan...gotta love that man

the media runs around shouting look out for "the liberal media"...hehe...it's the media that coined the term

the same as the wolf dressed in sheep clothing runs around and shouts "look out for the wolf"

it seems to work though, so I can't blame them for doing it

Originally posted by dealer
the press has been concervative since reagan repealled the "fairness in media" doctrine

now, the wealthy rebublican owners of these publications can say and do whatever they want in their medium without any fear that an oposing point of view need be presented

ah reagan...gotta love that man

the media runs around shouting look out for "the liberal media"...hehe...it's the media that coined the term

the same as the wolf dressed in sheep clothing runs around and shouts "look out for the wolf"

it seems to work though, so I can't blame them for doing it

I blame them for it. Some of them must know what they're really doing to America. Breaks my heart. :(

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
and we're shutting down our biggest middle-east presence, Prince Sultan Air Base, and moving operations into Iraq.

That is probably the real reason for the Gulf War II. Wolfowitz made a statement to that effect, although it was somewhat ambiguous, but if you take a look at the Project for the American Century, the neo-con futurist think-tank that claims about half of Bush's advisors (founded by Wolfowitz and includes both Cheney and Rumsfeld), this was something that has been planned for years, even before 9/11.

I am inclined to believe that the Project's administration members really did believe that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and that he really did have an imminent threat--they write of this as well during the 1990s. However, their decision regarding Iraq was determined years ago, so when it came time to building the case for the war, it was only a matter of trying to collect evidence according to their pre-determined conclusion. As we can see now, much of that evidence was either hyped or flawed.

I don't know if anyone misses Saddam, aside from some of the idiots attacking U.S. troops in Iraq. I guess I just wish that the Bush Administration had had enough courage to build a war on the preponderance of the facts, rather than a faith-based approach to the war. But, I guess, when you sincerely believe in your lies, it makes it all the more complicated.

My .02...

Melon

The Fairness Doctrine (the official name for it), in 1987, had the overwhelming support of both the Democrats and Republicans in Congress, but vetoed the bill that would have overrode the FCC ruling that eliminated it. By a close margin, a veto override failed.

However, since then, Republicans know that the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine favors them, so I doubt that they would ever support its reinstatement today. Now radio is overwhelmingly conservative, and it will be a cold day in hell before any media is ever "fair and balanced." Not even a FOX News trademark can hide its inherent right-wing bias.

Melon

what an absolutely hysterical article

What's even more hysterical is that that GDP figure is just an *estimate.* The financial markets believe that the 7.2% growth figure will be revised downward to somewhere between 5.0% and 5.5%, which is why markets were cool to react to that growth announcement. However, that announcement was less for the financial markets (who, as I said, knew it was an estimate), but more for the general public, who, more than likely, won't care to check back for when the GDP figure is revised downward. Good job, Bush! :rolleyes:

Melon

All this sounds like...the constituents of the party of doom and gloom are alive and kicking! ;)

it's the bush party that is doom and gloom...clearly.

we are at war for those lies of doom and gloom.

and our growth...who predicted doom and gloom???????

the republican part has always been doom and gloom, the democratic party fixes what the wealthy take from the rest of america, and then have the media behind them to blame everyone but the people in charge...if they are republican...if they are democrats, plenty of blame indeed

guess I just wish that the Bush Administration had had enough courage to build a war on the preponderance of the facts

agrees

But, I guess, when you sincerely believe in your lies, it makes it all the more complicated.

not a chance in the planet bush believed his lies.

Condi Rice lies alot it seems. She states that past Presidents failed to confront the terrorist threat. The problem is, "Mr. Bush himself made little reference to the threat of Al Qaeda, the need to topple the Taliban or other terrorism-related issues prior to the Sept. 11 attacks."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/31/politics/31POLI.html

__

Would like to add that PNAC http://www.newamericancentury.org/ has supported the attack on Iraq for years. Before WMDs and before the huge threat of terrorists. Founded by Wolfowitz, members include Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Jeb.

Originally posted by kitct
All this sounds like...the constituents of the party of doom and gloom are alive and kicking! ;)

It's a resumption of the 1950s, really. Revert back to the 1960 election, and you have Nixon playing the optimism card, in keeping with the mantra of the Eisenhower Administration, with JFK being accused of being pessimistic. Fast forward to the late 1960s and beyond, and then one discovers precisely what our government had been doing all along behind our backs. Welcome to why we have distrusted our government for nearly 40 years.

Part of what PNAC has been trying to do is to "restore trust" back into the U.S. government a la the 1950s, and a successful campaign in Iraq, along with the whole idea behind the "war on terror" was supposed to accomplish it. Instead, Iraq has turned out to be questionable and the "war on terror" may never have been winnable from the start. It is one thing to demolish a nation; it is another to try and chase down individuals in decentralized, international terrorist organizations.

I guess, perhaps, Democrats are a bit more gloomier, because they remember their history. ;)

Melon

Me wonders why its so hard to get past this rhetoric...Right now I think its because of a few myths. Media=liberal bias, liberal=commie scum.
Seriously, I believe we all want the same thing. sept we listen to a different spin. Just pisses me off, the fact GOP dont care about diebold. Fair elections. unforgivable.
All I want is a fair election. for cripes sake, if Bush and the GOP dont respect our democracy, why have them in office? Does everyone seriously believe they are godsent?

They try to silence us! but nay we shall never surrender!!
http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/2002/06/17_Dictatorship.html

Can't wait to march to washington, can you imagine millions on capitol hill? see you there.

---

Theres a great thing a happening now. I LOVE bipartisan action.
http://www.e-thepeople.org/article/26729/view

jones, everybody has their own opinion.

no body will change their mind if you demean their opinion.

post your facts, and invite discussion

most people gather their facts to support their opninion

a few of us form our opinion around the facts trhat we've gathered.

yelling and screeming will cause neither of these types to listen hard towhat you have to say, and most will not even click on your links, as we know your links will not be even handed

now, here's an examle;

I am not a bush hater because he is republican, or because I think he was not the predisdent that the american people elected

it's because I have the proof I need that first, he destroyed the american economy with his "let's let rich people get whatever they want" economics...this is more oficially known as "trickle down economics"

ha bushes own father called the notion "vodoo economics", b ut that's another discusiion

and then to take americans eyes off of his miserable policies, he decided to have a war.

lie to have it

forge to have it

kill american children so he could have his war andbe popular again

this is why I hate him, and I am willing to discuss my facts.

you need to discuss and stop demeaning everyone else

I will be the first to lock this topic up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back