Support our troops!

Originally posted by dealer
jones, everybody has their own opinion.

no body will change their mind if you demean their opinion.

post your facts, and invite discussion

most people gather their facts to support their opninion

a few of us form our opinion around the facts trhat we've gathered.

yelling and screeming will cause neither of these types to isten hard towhat you have to say

Yes sir. Just need to vent. Can't talk about this stuff in public, no body cares. Everybody has their lil jobs and their sports to focus on. And when I see something like this. http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2000/02-14-2000/vo16no04_liberal.htm . I feel like screaming.

Ok, What am i supposed to do. I post facts and dont supply much of my opinion because I come off a bit irate. And i get smacked for not stating my opinion, saying I believe everthing I hear and I cant think for myself. So then I post my opinion and some peeps come in and say I dont have facts to backup anything.
I'm not some kind of columnist or writer of any sort. sigh.

Why is everyone always knock'n Bush Jr.? Times have not been better, my guts full, the bills are paid, fuel tank is full and gas dropped a penny a gallon.:) :p ;)

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Why is everyone always knock'n Bush Jr.? Times have not been better, my guts full, the bills are paid, fuel tank is full and gas dropped a penny a gallon.:) :p ;)
And when peeps come in here and post stuff like this. Destroying my thread w/ mindless dribble. I get angry.

last warning jones.

his statement is not mindless dribble

you'll do this only one more time, and then this thread will close, and I will not let you start another one like this.

discussion without critisism of what peopel believe, we will find fault with your ideas, and you will tell us why we are wrong.

you will not belittle another member on this board

in addition, I invite any moderator who thinks this has allready hahppened too much to go ahead and lock this one up...

in addition, I invite any moderator who thinks this has allready hahppened too much to go ahead and lock this one up...

you are a mod yourself m8... :) you also have the perogative to have the thread closed...

:cool:

Originally posted by jones
Yes sir. Just need to vent. Can't talk about this stuff in public, no body cares. Everybody has their lil jobs and their sports to focus on. And when I see something like this. http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2000/02-14-2000/vo16no04_liberal.htm . I feel like screaming.

Ok, What am i supposed to do. I post facts and dont supply much of my opinion because I come off a bit irate. And i get smacked for not stating my opinion, saying I believe everthing I hear and I cant think for myself. So then I post my opinion and some peeps come in and say I dont have facts to backup anything.
I'm not some kind of columnist or writer of any sort. sigh.

stating opinions is fine jones... no one is going to question that...

however understand that just as strongly as you feel about certain things there are people who feel just as strongly about the opposite...

whether you agree with what others say or not doesn't matter... I don't agree with many things I hear or see as well.. it does not mean you should get upset or frustrated..

this is a discussion/dialogue after all... if we all agreed with the other person it would be extremely boring...

my advice... just relax a little and take a little more time between posts... will prevent the perception that you are knockin other posters...

ta :cool:

You know Jones (or maybe you dont) but nobody is personally attacking you.At least if they did it went right over my head (not hard at 5' :p).As Sazar pointed out it would be a boring world indeed if we all thought the same.I guess tact an deference are pretty handy sometimes in the arena of ideas.Its good that you FEEL so strongly about what you believe,but its also good to THINK. ;)

jan and myself have completely oposite points of view when it comes to politics

yet, I always click her links and respect her point of view, becuase I know she has good reason and philosophy for her opinions

her links are always informative, though I rarely agree with them, I learn from every one of them

this is what makes discussion and debate exciting, and this is how many of us learn anything at all.

I have neverf intentionally demeaned her, though her posts on politics usually contradict mine

she has never demeaned me, though she does a nice job putting balance to my mostly liberal point of view

and that is what we need in all of these types of threads....balance.

let's carry on if there's more to discuss politically on this issue.

I have neverf intentionally demeaned her,
she has never demeaned me, and that is what we need in all of these types of threads....balance.

:D

How you comin on the PS tutorials? PM me or jus bring it up on the board if I can be of any assisstance. ;)

Not sure what to do now... I try and start a debate, and people opposing my views can't properly respond to these alligations. Reminds me of the administration themselves. they wont answer critical questions, they dont say "NO, its not true"(because that would be lying). They say something like "well we're not aware of that report" or ingnore it all together.

So, I must be wrong about all my views. can somone tell me why? Maybe Im just confused by all the leftist propaganda, those democratic spinsters.
Really, I would like to believe different. I would like to be happy. Its just...I feel so bad about whats happening to my country..its so overwhelmingly undeniable at this point..I dont like to feel this way, everyday I have this feeling inside me, maybe its just deep sadness but i dont want it. Got one of those lumps in ma throat...
I duno, just somone tell why Im totally wrong. I dont wanna feel this way anymore.

dude maybe you should try again, but try and make is more of an adult and mature debate instead of a flame war

Originally posted by jones
Not sure what to do now... I try and start a debate, and people opposing my views can't properly respond to these alligations.
Can't properly respond? There is a proper way to respond to a thread that's open for debate?

Not everyone will agree with your views jones... best to get over that now. This thread is here for all those who want to debate this topic.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one as it seems some people feel the need to flame when their point of view has shed light on the rest of us.

Okee, Ill try and be more mature. I know everyone doesnt agree w/ me, thats for sure. Not trying to insult everyone, I just want somone to make good point, let me see the light.
Nice to know this place is very anti flamer though. :eek:

Thank you

just a warning to other debaters, any non constructive debate or blatant flaming and this thread will be closed

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I'm a troop, as are a lot of my friends, and pretty much every one of them supports our efforts in Iraq. Maybe the title of this thread needs adjusting...It seems to have nothing to do with supporting troops.

People I know have been/are involved in Iraq. There are medical people who do nothing but give Iraqi children shots and care for the needy.

The war is going fine, we do have enough troops, and we're shutting down our biggest middle-east presence, Prince Sultan Air Base, and moving operations into Iraq. We are not pumping a lot more money into it, we're only transferring resources and people to places that need our presence more. Most of that "cost of war" figure being thrown around is from the initial, full-blown war, not these continued peacekeeping missions.

Even if we did pull out, the U.N. would take over, and what country do you think supplies a huge chunk of U.N. troops and money, hmm?

Getting rid of the president does nothing to support our troops, so why trick people into thinking one thing when they click on this thread title and enraging them with another, totally unrelated idea? All I ask is that the title of the thread be changed.

heres a good response. I disagree though, they are related. It would help the troops moral if he was, they remember him saying "bring'em on". It really offended them, even if he is a texan, which hes not.
Would like to add that *I* am insulted because the thread name was changed.

Support our troops-Impeach Bush :cool:

Are they supporting the troops in Iraq or the reasons for them being there. You can support the troops as you dont want them dying, but you may not agree with the reasons they were deployed.

Also the US had not paid its UN dues for nearly 10 years up until recenlty when they needed the UN's support for something so in order to help convince them the US paid the dues that they owed.

You have to remember that the troops were originally sent in to prevent Saddam from using WOMD which so far have not been found and which many people are in agreement were never there in the first place.

Originally posted by Geffy
Are they supporting the troops in Iraq or the reasons for them being there. You can support the troops as you dont want them dying, but you may not agree with the reasons they were deployed.

Also the US had not paid its UN dues for nearly 10 years up until recenlty when they needed the UN's support for something so in order to help convince them the US paid the dues that they owed.

You have to remember that the troops were originally sent in to prevent Saddam from using WOMD which so far have not been found and which many people are in agreement were never there in the first place.
Not exactly sure what you're getting at , but ya, not finding WMDs probly wont help their moral much either. Ya UN don't like Bush either. They laughed at him when he recently went there and made a speech which seemed to be directed at americans, not the UN.

EDIT: ok I think i know what yer saying, if this thread was *support our troops*, would need to focus on that aspect of it.
All is well, would rather focus on impeaching Bush for the many things he has done, not just sending our children to die for the elite group's very narrow ideology.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back