Support our troops!

/me wonders if jones understands what makes a valid argument

Miller made no argument, only statements.
1: He will support Bush
2: He doesn't trust the 9 Democrats

You can't criticize him for not making valid arguments if he doesn't make an argument to begin with.

Originally posted by jones
Impeach Bush! :p

"George Bush and his administration drove us to war with Iraq on a wave of deception unprecedented in American history. On the eve of battle, President Bush said war was required because of Saddam Hussein's connection to "...the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001." Now Bush admits "we've had no evidence" of such a connection. Dick Cheney charged that Saddam "has reconstituted nuclear weapons." Now Cheney admits: "I did mis-speak."

Donald Rumsfeld claimed, regarding weapons of mass destruction: "We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad..." Now, Rumsfeld maintains he "never believed" that they would be found quickly.

These deceptions all have a price, and we are paying it. Billions of dollars have been wasted. International alliances have been shattered. And yet the Administration shamelessly offers up new deceptions: The war is going fine. We have enough troops. There are just pockets of resistance. And oh yes, just give us $87 billion more. Of course we must provide support for our troops and assist in rebuilding Iraq. But Congress shouldn't approve one more cent until the Administration comes clean with the truth and offers a realistic plan for meeting the costs."

Impeach Bush? Why, I'm ready for Bush twins!:D ;)

Re: Re: Support our troops!

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Impeach Bush? Why, I'm ready for Bush twins!:D ;)

Why? What great thing has he done?

Originally posted by muzikool
/me wonders if jones understands what makes a valid argument

Miller made no argument, only statements.
1: He will support Bush
2: He doesn't trust the 9 Democrats

You can't criticize him for not making valid arguments if he doesn't make an argument to begin with.

Kitct says he has a valid argument not me.

Yes its really hard to find something definetily good that he has done. But cant talk busy listening to resistance radio w/ mike malloy, its on for next 2 hrs! http://www.ieamericaradio.com/listen.asp

funny how there are people that want to trust bush.

inspite of his very cia telling us he lied at everything he said.

in spite that his very aids said he lied at every turn

americans died because this man wanted a war...he didn't care what he had to do, who he had to force to lie, what papers he had to forge.

in spite that his very colon powell tells us his whole presentation was "a pitch", and that his evidance was shakey indeed

bush wanted a war

Americans are dying

period

AND THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT STILL TRUST HIM?

hmmmmm

somebody splain this to me...my country men are dying

@ dealer: I agree completely.

@muzikool: I think that Moore's research could not be any clearer...

Originally posted by muzikool
*hops off the merry-go-round*

Lol :D
*follows musikool*

Political discussions always end up this way, don't they? If somone has enough chutzpah to post about an issue, they are probably not the type to let go of their beliefs.

I think we're all wasting time posting here, since we conservative types will never convince the liberal types of anything, and vice versa.

When I worked with this hardcore liberal woman (who was the union shop steward, too) we just never, ever talked politics since we both realized immediately that neither side would budge, and we got along famously. She's a very nice lady, I'm a very nice guy, and we just talked about anything and everything else.

I wish I could keep arguing, but I'm just too lazy.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
Lol :D
*follows musikool*

Political discussions always end up this way, don't they? If somone has enough chutzpah to post about an issue, they are probably not the type to let go of their beliefs.

I think we're all wasting time posting here, since we conservative types will never convince the liberal types of anything, and vice versa.

When I worked with this hardcore liberal woman (who was the union shop steward, too) we just never, ever talked politics since we both realized immediately that neither side would budge, and we got along famously. She's a very nice lady, I'm a very nice guy, and we just talked about anything and everything else.

I wish I could keep arguing, but I'm just too lazy.

the term liberal is mis-used in american politics to the extent that its almost a crime... :cool:

probably a better term would be left-wing... v/s right-wing or conservative which is also a somewhat mis-used term in american politics...

discussions are good but in this thread some are having discussions... others are posting information as undeniable fact and therefore sort of claiming that they don't have to do anything to prove or support their point...

From SomethingAwful.com:

Even when a word takes on a negative connotation, that doesn't mean we have to stop using it or offer some pathetic substitution. For example, when the Nazis began killing millions we didn't rename them the Sourpuss Patrol.

the term liberal

a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

e. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

liberal :

adj 1: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness; "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions" [syn: broad, tolerant] 2: having political or social views favoring reform and progress 3: tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition [ant: conservative] 4: given or giving freely; "was a big tipper"; "the bounteous goodness of God"; "bountiful compliments"; "a freehanded host"; "a handsome allowance"; "Saturday's child is loving and giving"; "a liberal backer of the arts"; "a munificent gift"; "her fond and openhanded grandfather" [syn: big, bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, freehanded, handsome, giving, openhanded] 5: not literal; "a loose interpretation of what she had been told"; "a free translation of the poem" [syn: free, loose] n 1: a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties [syn: progressive] [ant: conservative] 2: a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets

you can equate liberal and left wing in terms of some political idealogies... no doubt... but to consistently and continually see the term LIBERAL slandered around as it is in american politics is incorrect...

you will notice that MANY of the liberal ideals are actually the very same that the conservatives in america bandy about... yet this hardly makes them liberal :)

btw handybuddy...

when a word is used out of context or mis-used... that is WRONG... regardless of whatever other mitigating factors there may be in the decision to use that word...

continue to use the term.. no doubt... but apply it appropriately is all I am asking...

ta...

well, the word has surely evolved into a perjurative meaning in the political arena hasn't it.

by definition, being liberal is clearly an asset.

however, republicans politicians have managed to cast dispursion on the word.

shame

I am concervative in the majority of my political beliefs

I am libeberal when it comes to tolerance for those that have a differant lifestyle then I do...and liberal for the idea that we are all responsible to each other, and for each other

and I invite change for the effort.

the word "liberal" now casts dispusion, as though it's an insukt.

shame

Originally posted by Sazar

continue to use the term.. no doubt... but apply it appropriately is all I am asking...

ta...

I didn't know saying "liberal" would be offensive to liberals. This reason I used it was because that's exactly the word that the lady I worked with described her views on issues. Geez... :rolleyes:

I meant no negative connotation. There has to be some kind of word for people who hold those views, and that was the word I got from someone on that end. I guess there are some that would prefer left-wing? I shall use that instead, then.

It would appear that good news for america is bad news for the democrats.The commerce dept (according to the ap wire) is reporting that the economy in the 3rd quarter is growing at the fastest pace (7.2%) since 1984.If the economy continues like this we may want to consider putting the democrat candidates on a "suicide watch". :p

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031030/D7UGJQTO0.html

Originally posted by kitct
It would appear that good news for america is bad news for the democrats.The commerce dept (according to the ap wire) is reporting that the economy in the 3rd quarter is growing at the fastest pace (7.2%) since 1984.If the economy continues like this we may want to consider putting the democrat candidates on a "suicide watch". :p

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031030/D7UGJQTO0.html

why would that be bad for democrats?

Does not change the fact that your president is a moron. :p

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=131059

guys... once again keep it civil here...

we have different views on various things... so be it... lets just try and not get into offensive language and what not.. :)

ta...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back