Support our troops!

The world is black and white! how could i miss that! :rolleyes:

*Boycotts another thread*

I didn't know the world was black and whit.

true?

benny, come back here, we need the gray

Read two excellent books for all the info you need on the current 'presidency' in the USA. Both are by Michael Moore.

"Stupid White Men" and "Dude, Where's My Country?"

Originally posted by o_87
Read two excellent books for all the info you need on the current 'presidency' in the USA. Both are by Michael Moore.

"Stupid White Men" and "Dude, Where's My Country?"

Oh yea, that guy is totally objective... none opinion what so ever :p

Originally posted by dealer
I didn't know the world was black and whit.

true?

benny, come back here, we need the gray
I'm purple at my best :D

Yellow at worst. Everyone has an opinion, even the news! shock!:eek:

Originally posted by jones

You know, there are ways to include only facts in news.
Shock! :p

Then why do you use certain news sources as evidence for what you claim is fact? :confused:

Can I just say as an outsider and a Brit, that when we BOTH went into this thing - thank you very much - we were made to belive certain things which now look to have been utter tripe.

However, given that there have been relatively few coalition fatalities for such a conflict, and that Saddam is now deposed i am a happy citizen and am personally willing to overlook such untruths.

Something definately now needs to be done about the security situation in Iraq however as just today the number of post-war casualties surpassed the amount that were killed since the conflict began and war was officially declared "over".

A simplty unacceptable situation given the supposed post-war conditions in Iraq.

Incidetally, I doubt the British public/voters will allow the UK government to make such a move on another country as we are now a far more sceptical nation. Especially now that America seems to be turning its beady eye on Syria and Iran, and this can only damage the "war" on what i concider to be the biggest problem the world faces today - the war on terror - as allies will be lost due to increacing public outrage. Lets not forget that the war on Iraq was supposedly a part of the war on terror - hardly a convincing start concidering no "terror" camps or weapons have been found.

That is also a war which i feel cannot be won by coventional means as there is no "target" as such, no contolling power.

Terrorists are born because many countrys around the world have for some time complained about Americas overseas policies and with justificaton, it it the way America treats the world that is at the heart of the problems here.

For Example, I would say that the majority of the citizens in Islamic nations around the world see the "war on terror" as a personal attack on their culture and beliefs and that is the war we need to fight next, but not with weapons, it needs to be fought with policy change and education on the part of American and even the entire western world. And i have to say, at least as a person from the other side of the pond, that it looks like the American people/ GWB do not realise this.

One more thing - HandyBuddy - I salute you dude - You guys did a cracking job out there, and i question myself as to whether i could have done a similar job in that position.

Originally posted by Benny
Oh yea, that guy is totally objective... none opinion what so ever :p

Actually, if you read the books, you'll see that he has some real facts to back up EVERYTHING he says. So there :p

Originally posted by muzikool
Then why do you use certain news sources as evidence for what you claim is fact? :confused:

Every link I posted contains facts, its you and me who are to make are own opinion based on those facts and the writers argument.
Whats the problem?

Every link I posted contains facts, its you and me who are to make are own opinion based on those facts and the writers argument.
Whats the problem?

Thank you, something I can finally agree with you on. Wording is everything, and so "Bush is actually the worst President in US history" and "I think Bush is actually the worst President in US history" are two completely different statements. I would love for you to express your opinion in this thread all day and night if that's your desire, but please keep it as your opinion. Referring to those with a different point of view as "ignorant," or any other characterization, is not respecting the opinions of those people. And like I said before, doing so does not garner sympathy for your perspective.

Originally posted by o_87
Actually, if you read the books, you'll see that he has some real facts to back up EVERYTHING he says. So there :p

I've read the books, and while I do see research behind his claims, I do not see 100% factual information backing EVERYTHING he says. I am glad that Moore is intelligent enough to backup his claims, but there is so much skewed information everywhere that it is almost impossible to say that everything is factual.

If 100% factual information existed as proof for every point that Moore makes, then nobody would be able to disagree with him since his argument would be valid and sound. But while valid, all of his arguments do not prove to be sound, and so there lies the opportunity for disagreement.

On a side note: Did anyone see Moore last year at the Oscars? Some acceptance speech.

Originally posted by kitct
Interesting how that evil,rotten no-good lying Bush :eek: :p now has the full support and endorsement of a democrat senator for re-election over the nine dwarfs! :

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/309nqnas.asp

Yeah, I read a bit about Miller earlier this week. He doesn't feel that the Democratic Party has any candidates who can lead the country through the times we are facing. He says that they don't offer new ideas, but instead just criticize Bush.

I don't have a problem with the candidates criticizing Bush's policies or tactics, but I don't like it when they do so but offer no alternative ideas.

That "conservative democrat" didnt give an argument why he supports him.

And I'd like to ad that I believe "The Weekly Standard" is the root of all evil. I think its where most of the right wing gets its spin.

I don't have a problem with the candidates criticizing Bush's policies or tactics, but I don't like it when they do so but offer no alternative ideas.

Makes sense. :)

That "conservative democrat" didnt give an argument why he supports him.

Actually he did:

SENATOR ZELL MILLER OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for re-election in 2004 and campaign for him if Bush wishes him to. Miller said Bush is "the right man at the right time" to govern the country.

The next five years "will determine the kind of world my children and grandchildren will live in," Miller said in an interview. And he wouldn't "trust" any of the nine Democratic presidential candidates with governing during "that crucial period," he said. "This Democrat will vote for President Bush in 2004."

Originally posted by kitct
Actually he did:

SENATOR ZELL MILLER OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for re-election in 2004 and campaign for him if Bush wishes him to. Miller said Bush is "the right man at the right time" to govern the country.

The next five years "will determine the kind of world my children and grandchildren will live in," Miller said in an interview. And he wouldn't "trust" any of the nine Democratic presidential candidates with governing during "that crucial period," he said. "This Democrat will vote for President Bush in 2004."

Look at all the valid arguments he makes! ?????????
Hes not a democrat, so this means nothing to me. Oh and bush aint a republican.

Yeah, I read a bit about Miller earlier this week. He doesn't feel that the Democratic Party has any candidates who can lead the country through the times we are facing. He says that they don't offer new ideas, but instead just criticize Bush.

there is a very nice parallel with the people coming in after clinton left :)

bush's MAIN platform was what? to bring integrity to the white house...

puhlease... people only criticizing bush? look past the whole bush bashing brigade and look @ the other policies...

:)

believe me... many economic and other policies are sounder and better than bush's...

as it stands though... if mc cain runs... I am voting for him... as I did last time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back