Post your April desktop!

naked chics icons

i used an xp icon builder plugin for photoshop, found some proportionate pictures that i'd wanna use, masked out the excess, and converted the original *.jpgs into *.ico's. those are actually 4 icons, the my computer, network neighborhood, trash, and my documents. i took the 2 pictures and sliced em and diced em into 4 separate icons and stacked em on my desktop for continuity. if you want those icons in particular, shoot me a PM and i'll email em to you.

I have noticed that a lot of the screenshots have a bar at the top of the screen that shows uptime and things like that and another area with a calendar and bit displaying the weather. How or where can you get these. Also what do you use to make your backgrounds/themes

Ok here goes...

Very plain compared with all u guys and gals... but i think this theme is tight!!!!:D :D :D

updated desktop

hey i juss updated my april desktop, i cant stand till next month to put a whole new theme. I stick with 1 desktop for like a week. :) anyways enjoy

My Desktop <---CLICK!

Originally posted by gtgarside
I have noticed that a lot of the screenshots have a bar at the top of the screen that shows uptime and things like that and another area with a calendar and bit displaying the weather. How or where can you get these. Also what do you use to make your backgrounds/themes

gtgarside, the bar that shows uptime, etc, is StatBar. haven't fiddled with the calendar yet, but the weather thing is DesktopWeather. use StyleXP for themes, and check out DeviantArt.Com for backgrounds.

UPdated a little

went back to sosumi becausr the MMX icons look really pixalted inthe BBX theme

1024.jpg

ok,another april update. as u can see i am in a desperate need for a new window washer icon. anybody have one??

BloodLust DWS

UPdated a little went back to sosumi becausr the MMX icons look really pixalted inthe BBX theme

Hey I was wondering how did u make your system tray icons very miniture ... or is it possible? Cuz damn thats kool to learn how to do......... what 2 icons per line thats kool. Or am I looking at 2 lines down there on the system try ... I can't tell

damn andy rose...you took the words outta my mouth.....i also use window washer and the icons is pathetic......we need a new icon.......if you get one let me know please

Here's mine, I don't know how to do much of the dekstop modification, but I like a lot of what I see so hopefully I'll pick up on it from all of you. Basically I just love this background, I don't want to clutter the picture with icons, toolbars, etc. Good winamp3 skin also, but I haven't found anything I really like for trillian yet.

All suggestions more than welcome...

OK it won't post because its too large. Even as a .gif its too large. How do I make the file small enough to post???? The .jpg is 2.5 mb!!!

2.5 MB!?!

How in the heck are you saving it? I just did a print screen on mine to get it to the clipboard and then pasted it into MS Paint, save as jpg and it was only 180k or something. 2.5 MB is H U G E! Try that instead....

Here's my desktop:

XP April Desktop

-J.

if u got powertoys, just right click the pic and rezize it..

Re: 2.5 MB!?!

Originally posted by jdsabin1
How in the heck are you saving it? I just did a print screen on mine to get it to the clipboard and then pasted it into MS Paint, save as jpg and it was only 180k or something. 2.5 MB is H U G E! Try that instead....

Here's my desktop:

XP April Desktop

-J.
I think you need bigger icons....:p

I haven't the slightest idea what was going wrong before. I did the same thing and saved it over the original file, still 2.5 mb. I deleted the file then saved it again, only 90kb. WHAT THE HELL. Anyway all's well now.

And I was just doing printscreen, paste in paint. Strange.

Keeping it simple and maximising desktop real-estate, still running 600MHZ P-III Acer Travelmate 345T notebook, 384 MB RAM.

To be honest I'm not too impressed with the skins you get with Style XP etc, prefer to stick with the default skin in XP.

No quicklaunch bar, just innumerable hotkeys to get at the programmes I run the most.

Everything in the system tray hidden, just a click away, except for my e-mail client, courtesy of powermenu.

sticking with the default skin for trillian, which ain't pretty but still pref to running MSN and ICQ (I detest ICQ immensely) together.

The start menu has Anna Paquin, the desktop is Katherine Heigl.

As always, running latest beta of Opera.

Re: Re: 2.5 MB!?!

Originally posted by xsivforce

I think you need bigger icons....:p

The MAC icons I converted were SO pretty at 128 that I decided to stick with that format using True Launch Bar.

Keeps my desktop clutter free too.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back