Post your April desktop!

Hmmm I had mine on here yesterday but it seems to have been deleted :confused: Well Here it is again I guess.

How did most of you intergrate the different icons into XP??

I have mac icons that i converted into .ico files. but i want to set them up how most of have you have it!

Thanks!

my source

hey guys for u who were wondering... i got my blue icons from www.deviantart.com <--- Windows ICON section..

Heres some KraZiE websites...

www.customize.org <--good for Wallpapers, skins, etc...

www.wincustomize.com <---good for Themes, Skins, Wallpapers

www.deviantart.com <--- Best for icons and Especially Wallpapers

www.lotsofskins.com <--- name says it all

www.statbar.nl <--- a nice Status bar in that displays cpu status

www.desktopweather.neonerds.net <---a nice desktop enhancement thats shows ur weather..

P.S. Enjoy :)

Originally posted by Dubbin1
Hmmm I had mine on here yesterday but it seems to have been deleted :confused: Well Here it is again I guess.

can i ge thewallpaper u got it pretty cool or a link

Re: How did most of you intergrate the different icons into XP??

Originally posted by tokey22
I have mac icons that i converted into .ico files. but i want to set them up how most of have you have it!

Thanks!

just about all the icons i have where once mac icons that pepps have converted or i have converted

trying something diff.
theme: sophont
wallpaper from digital resource(modified a bit)
cursor: cursorxp with the AD16 theme
calendar: rainlendar
and shellplayer skin by dazzla to match the sophont theme.

enjoy :D

Desktop Weather

Famine, How do you get the Desktop Weather to be transparent? I have been trying for a while now with no luck, so any help would be grate. Thanks!

Hmmm I am on a 56k and I would rather people post images of their desktops. I mean, thats the whole purpose of this thread to see desktops right? So why do I need to click through 30 links rather than just 3 or so? I use netcaptor or opera and while one page loads I read others. Clicking on individual links is time consuming and annoying. Whos gonna click on the link to see your desktop unless theres a good reason? That said, I'm posting the image of my latest desktop.

mydesktop8.jpg

Re: My Desktop

Originally posted by AcidBurN
Well here's mine (Static theme from xcert, MMX Mercury icons converted by me, some shell32.dll replacements and lots of reshacking)

Click my sig.........

AcidBurN,

I LOVE your desktop but curious to know what tools you used to convert those MMX Mercury Icons? I downloaded a lot of neat MAC icons from The IconFactory but once they were unzipped I couldn't find any application that knew what to do with those MAC files.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

-Jeff

:)

hey Leedogg can you tell me how u made ur desktop icons with no text?? and where u got ur icons from please :)

P.S. i agree with the whole link thing but andyp calls the shots i guess :)

Re: :)

Originally posted by DOMiNiON
hey Leedogg can you tell me how u made ur desktop icons with no text?? and where u got ur icons from please :)

P.S. i agree with the whole link thing but andyp calls the shots i guess :)

I simply renamed the icons and used a space for the name :p the trashcan was renamed via norton's trashguard integration...

some of my icons come from azn's kick ass set:

http://home.attbi.com/~tqlc11/index.html

The main ones come from Dazzla's works. You can find the links to the major icon guru sites in the links section of azn's site.

Well somebody had to inform andy that not all the users are pleased with the new rules.

Hey mike0_

All I did was change the background color of the weather to as close to the desktop. Then it became transparent...

Try it with a black background and then change your desktop......

Hope this helps ......

:cool:

don't bite my head off, it's my first post :)

here's my current desktop, @ 1600x1200, cut it down to 453K. haven't fooled around with any skins/themes for XP yet, but made my own icons to replace the 'my computer', 'my documents', 'net hood', and 'recycle bin'...like to keep it clean and simple, like someone else does. if you like motorcycles, you'll like this screenshot.

jawshoouh
P4/1.6 GHz
1.0 GB PC2100 DDR RAM
ASUS P4B266 mobo
ASUS V8440 Ti 4400 video card
2 x 160 GB ATA100 HDs

Originally posted by andy_rose
ok, first one for april.
the theme is an upcoming theme by Ki Shodar which i'm helping beta testing. what do u guys think?

i like, i want. please =]

also, where do i find these "mmx" icons. i like the looks of them and wanna try'em.

thanks
oDin.

i like, i want. please =]
the theme is 90% done, and will be out very very soon;)

also, where do i find these "mmx" icons. i like the looks of them and wanna try'em.
the official release date is 17th of april, so if u dont convert them yourself u just gonna have to wait..:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back