Playstation 3 Pre-Orders

Maybe so, but its been happening for years. Happens for Tickets to events such as concerts and sporting events as well. It's a business, which could be circumvented if companies did a better job of meeting the demand.

Thats why this EXACT thing is called SCALPING and is illegal in most states AND municipalities...

FACE VALUE only... which is why the scalpers find ways to make it a "unique" purchase.. :( example: Superbowl tickets...
THey buy the airline tickets in advance, book a hotel room ,and sell the
"SuperBowl package"

SOOO GAY!!!

:rolleyes:

PS3 no good

Now the Wii, heh, the Wii is King

Cant wait no flame please

Very...ahrm...productive post. Even if I do or dont agree, this really isnt the place to say that

PS3 no good

Now the Wii, heh, the Wii is King

Cant wait no flame please

flamelt4.jpg

Hmm, yes, since this is mainly for those who pre-ordered already, or those thinking of it, or those inquiring about the ps3.
Not really for PS3 bashing

It's all good. Since when did stating an opinion become illegal?

Buddy is going to Meijers tonight to stand in line for one along with another buddy

Then selling them :p

Only because he doesn't have the money to buy one so he had to borrow money and then sell it to pay the person back and whatever he makes off of it he has to pay his fines off from when me and him got our MIPs

I wouldn't mind getting a PS3...My G-ma isn't home so I can't borrow money from her :'(

Went by EB games today and the let me hold the ps3 and wii boxes...and I have to say...one is a beast, I'll let you guess which :). The weight difference was about 2x. Anyway got to hold my wii and play around with it(not an innuendo mind you)

No camping for me.

There are ALREADY 30-40 people waiting outside of Best Buy, so that's out.

FYE told me they don't have a firm count on the PS3 arrival, but they are only getting 3 of the Wii's.

Just have to call Friday and find out where I am in the pecking order. Apparently they expect to get a few more each week through the holiday.

Yeah, fye called me, and said that they are getting none on nov 17th
but are expecting waves until christmas

No camping for me.

There are ALREADY 30-40 people waiting outside of Best Buy, so that's out.

FYE told me they don't have a firm count on the PS3 arrival, but they are only getting 3 of the Wii's.

Just have to call Friday and find out where I am in the pecking order. Apparently they expect to get a few more each week through the holiday.

Some people have issues man :eek:

Wiis are going to be widely available, I don't think you'd make much of a profit on those.

yeah i kno.
Why would you ever wait outside 2 days though?

This also affects EB Games. I wonder how many other retailers are affected in the same way and they are not saying anything to the public. :laugh:
Anybody who managed to sneak in a PS3 pre-order from GameStop feared that this day would come. The retailer has announced that many of the $100 a throw PlayStation 3 pre-orders would not be filled at launch.

"We are beginning to notify our customers that our initial shipment of PS3 systems will not be what we expected. As this is not an ideal situation, we are asking employees to wait to purchase systems until the second shipment. We are anticipating having systems to cover reservations before Christmas," a rep told GameSpot.

Heartbreak

Gamespy

I may still drive around today and see if anything looks possible. Walmart is having a midnight sale, which might have flown under the radar :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back