Playstation 3 Pre-Orders

Just got back from EB games, they had a 20gb and a 60gb for sale...Im shocked that nobody had bought them. If anybody is looking for one let me know. :D
Lol, id buy it from you.
What would you charge?

Oh yes there is 300% + intrest in the PS3 because there is a slight chance you can dump it for a profit .
Slight?
How is that slight.
Anyone with a ps3 that sold it and isnt an idiot has made money off of it.

:laugh: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not true I believe you lost money on one on ebay right ?
no.
I barely made anything.
But i didnt loose anything either.
I did the math out for a 3rd time and found i did still make a whopping 18 dollars.
But that is because i had no idea that ebay would take 50 dollars.
Nor did i realize it would cost my 100 dollars to ship it overnight...

Well no matter simple truth is more people want to sell one than those that want to own one, for now anyways and what about that fool we saw that sold his for next to nothing?

The fact that you walk into an eb games and pick one up tells volumes about what the real market is right now, I dont see them selling on ebay for any real profit anymore .. after shipping and costs there not that hot an item.

Less than $800 US for a 60 gig with less then 6 minutes to go only 3 bids not what we call people falling over themselves to get one this close to Xmas you would think with the way people got on when it was launched that this was the trend we would see , truth be known I think we are seeing that he PS3 might not sell as well as everyone thought, this is a bad sign for Sony I think, if there was an overstock I could understand, but there is not an overstock and they are not really selling all that crazy on ebay 3 weeks away from Xmas ... sign of the times .... its too expensive its not hard to see .

Last edited:
When I was at Toys"R"Us last week the salesman told me they had many PS3 units of both models in stock but not many people asking for them.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sony-PlayStation...7QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It sold for $820 US thats not much of a mark up after the costs from ebay and all that plus again here no extra controller no games , this really dont make much of a gift huh ? What can you do with it look at it? LOL sorry just not all that cool when you think about it.

When I called EB games I was told there is a 4:1 call ratio people looking for the Wii not the PS3

I really think the lion's share is going to the Nintendo this time around ...but time will tell maybe in a few years if the prices drops we will see more sales . I dunno but hell nintendo is gonna make a killing and could send out a whole new system and they would not loose a dime doing it.

I think the original rush has died down because all the early scalpers have made their money and are done.

I mean, I'm sure no one really bought a PS3 just to play it :p I haven't seen a single game that out right now that is worth $600. And to be honest the only game I'm looking forward to is MGS4, and even for that there have been rumors that Konami might be releasing that it on the 360 because of the gigantic development costs.

Not to mention that the PS3 is losing exclusives left and right to the 360. Add to the bleak picture enormous production costs for Sony...if they don't have a killer app game by next year I think Sony might be done early. And if the PS3 fails Bluray fails, which means Sony might fail.

The only real good news for the PS3 right now is its continued strong support in Japan. And as long as all the Japanese RPGs keep coming out, it'll do fine there.

However I think the PS3 will take a real beating compared to the PS2 in North America and Europe. Although it can't possibly do worse than the 360 in Japan.

The Wii is in a really good position not just because of its price, and there is a really good buzz about the system right now, although I feel as a brand it's not as widely recognized as the 360 or PS3. Still, even Microsoft and Sony have said that the Wii would be a "good second console" to buy...so Nintendo may well be the one company that makes the most progress this generation.

Oh and next year will be Microsoft's year. Two words: Halo 3.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sony-PlayStation...7QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It sold for $820 US thats not much of a mark up after the costs from ebay and all that plus again here no extra controller no games , this really dont make much of a gift huh ? What can you do with it look at it? LOL sorry just not all that cool when you think about it.

When I called EB games I was told there is a 4:1 call ratio people looking for the Wii not the PS3

I really think the lion's share is going to the Nintendo this time around ...but time will tell maybe in a few years if the prices drops we will see more sales . I dunno but hell nintendo is gonna make a killing and could send out a whole new system and they would not loose a dime doing it.
yeah.
People should wait til christmas.
Plus, these were selling at this price, when i sold mine.
I sold mine for 1500, but i sold it with games a movie and an extra controller.
A 200 dollar investment that made the price go up 700 dollars from the 800 mark.
so....

It took you three tries to figure out that you didn't lose money? Get the calculator out.

I wouldt say it like that.
I was able to see the final costs and profits, once ebay asked me, and the buyer paid, and paypal took theirs, etc...

I am not planning on getting anything right now. I was going to get a ps3...but instead of wasting all that money i am going to get pc upgrades. Just for general fun, the wii looks amazing. For technical stuff, the ps3 looks good. And for everything else the 360 also looks good. I think sony have blown it with the price. I mean, nintendo are smart. Why waste a load of money (and now customers) on high tech stuff when really all we want on console is to have fun. Nintendo have done this and it shows by the sales. I have been all for Sony for a long time but now i am seeing that Nintendo have a very, very good console.....the game continues...

I would agree with you.
But i dont think sony has lost customers.
They are still sold out.
Perhaps the Toys R Us ones arent selling because they are 1000 dollar bundles...

IM hoping Halo 3 comes out for Vista so i dont have to get the xbox 360, i still want the wii and the ps3.

Toys R Us has the standalone PS3 but you have to ask for it. When I was there a guy asked for PS3 and the employee said "bundle or standalone?". The customer said standalone then the employee asked him 20 or 60 gig. Customer said 60 gig then the employee called back to the storage room and asked for a 60 gig PS3 be brought out. Toys R Us site only shows the bundles and does not tell you they have the unit by itself.

My bad.
Maybe people dont know they have them.
Maybe i should shoot over to toys r us.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back