NBA Playoffs

Dallas just had no juice in them last night. That, combined with Dirk only hitting like 3 FG's isn't a good combination. But, that series was pretty tight most of the way.

The Heat, however, have been bitch slapping the "bad boys" around relatively easily. DET has made runs, but most of the time D Wade just goes nuts.....

Homeboy is shooting near 70% from the field for the series :eek:

The guys finally snaped out of their bizzaro trance. Playing like FAB 5 again. Super Defense!!:) w00T! now to Miami steal game 6..will be a battle..

unitypost2wg.jpg

They were supposed to win. Read my previous comments.

Miami should finish them off in game 6 and move on.

Was a good game, DET finally showed up on the defensive side of the ball.

MIA hung in there most of the game, just couldn't make the shots when they were close. That 4+ min drough without any FG's in the 4th quarter didnt' help, as well as missing like 12 FT's :eek:

The Wings and now the Pistons..#1 in the regular season and fell apart in the playoffs..very disappointing...ran out of gas....Drama in the ranks..They will be back...already rumors flying off the radio Sheed is outa here...Kevin Garnet will be a piston next season... Good Job Heat..you were more hungry FTW..

GO MAVS!!!!!:)

Pistons are goin fishin. :p

That's what happens when ya talk a lotta shiit. The Cavs almost made them eat them words. The Heat shoved 'em down their throats. Didn't get to see post game interviews, was Rasheed tight lipped or was he flappin his gums?

Hope the Suns get their shiit together.

Go Warriors!

Heat/DAlls in the finalss :D

And yes I am drunks as heck

I just love to see Shaq in the Finals without Kobe.

All the cred that Kobe gets just makes me sick. Shaq was the driving force of those Lakers Championship teams and Kobe was Michael's "Scottie"

MIA/DAL would be insane.

Do you think Big Ben will be outta D-town next year? We all know where is heart is, but where will his paychecks come from?

kcnychief said:
MIA/DAL would be insane.

Do you think Big Ben will be outta D-town next year? We all know where is heart is, but where will his paychecks come from?

Besides the the city being in total shock, the local sport talk is already disecting the team. The was some tension in that locker room. Sheed having words with Flip the team not listening to flip. As I stated in my other post.
Kevin Garnett will be a piston next year. Sheed will be gone.

Also don't be surprised to see Rip Hamilton for Allen Iverson trade.

Big Ben's contract will be up. he is going to want the Top Salary, I dont think Ben is going anywhere. He is the foundation and core of the pistons.

I just feel bad for Antonio McDyess, he was such a great sixth man on the team.

Joe D has a lot of work & hard decisions to make over the summer,

Sad part is they are being viewed as a failure, when they are anything but.

They have won their division the last 4 years, gone to the Conference finals the last 4 years, gone to the NBA finals twice and won it once. Anything more than that really would be comporable to a Dynasty - now they are a failure?

kcnychief said:
Sad part is they are being viewed as a failure, when they are anything but.

They have won their division the last 4 years, gone to the Conference finals the last 4 years, gone to the NBA finals twice and won it once. Anything more than that really would be comporable to a Dynasty - now they are a failure?

Derek that was well said,

Its the Media that has always been against the Pistons, It it right in front of you when you watch any sports coverage. Always the quiet team doing great things and winning games. no fuss no drama.

Because there was no "SUPERSTAR"" Ball hog shooting 50+ points every other game they never earned that media respect.

See that's the thing, and what was proven by the game they won in Game 5. If the whole team doesn't play well, collectively, they won't win. I think it was Billups who said they other day that they aren't good enough to win alone, everyone needs to contribute. I tell ya though, when the Pistons are on, and they play together, that is fun to watch.

Tuffgong4 said:
I just love to see Shaq in the Finals without Kobe.

All the cred that Kobe gets just makes me sick. Shaq was the driving force of those Lakers Championship teams and Kobe was Michael's "Scottie"

Shaq would not have won without Kobe. Not on those Laker teams.

tdinc said:
Derek that was well said,

Its the Media that has always been against the Pistons, It it right in front of you when you watch any sports coverage. Always the quiet team doing great things and winning games. no fuss no drama.

Because there was no "SUPERSTAR"" Ball hog shooting 50+ points every other game they never earned that media respect.

I completely disagree about the respect factor.

Detroit bitched and whined and moaned about the lack of media respect all the last 3 seasons while the media DID talk about them and the perseverence and all that jazz.

Big Ben has super-star status and he's not the most important guy on the team. 'Sheed gets a lot of attention for his skills and so on/so forth.

Detroit themselves never gave other teams respect. I loved watching them but I am all about the better team in a series winning and moving on. They didn't deserve to be in the finals last year and they sure as heck didn't this year.

Different teams are built different ways. Detroit played well and they dominated the news this season. I mean come on, Billups was on. 5 in the MVP voting. You are making an obvious dig at Kobe and the lakers but they would not have gotten where they did without Kobe doing what he did. Keep in mind this team was less talented than last years Lakers and they went farther. Kobe is a key reason for that and Phil Jackson did his thing.

The reason they are considered a failure is the same reason Shaq was considered a failure his first several seasons in the league. Look at his credentials. He has some of the best credentials of ANY player in the NBA, ever, unless you count sheer number of titles.

His teams have ALWAYS been right there in the thick of it and yet, he was considered a failure till the lakers won. And when they lost to the Pistons? They were a failure even though the team was wracked with injuries.

Any team that has been viewed as being this dominant automatically becomes a failure in the eyes of the media if it doesn't score a championship. Look at the yankees the last few seasons for example. It's the name of the game.

Detroit, this season, simply lost to an obviously better team.

Should be one heck of a series. Not sure MIA can pull it out, they don't match up well defensively.

That, plus who knows how effective D Wade can be when ill?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back