Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

Firebird can manage multi identities.

BTW MyIE2 is an addon for IE, it doesnt count.

Then we have Opera, and that is not free.

Just a side note, having to have plugins to do certain stuff keeps the file size down.

Originally posted by coathanger007
What I don't like about Firebird is the lame feature set. I have to search for plugins for the simplest features :(
That's what Firebird is all about, get only what you need. If you want everything from the get go, get Mozilla.

Originally posted by Vector
Make sure the flash plugin is named NPSWF32.dll. It should be in the MozillaFirebird\plugins directory.

This is the Flash plugin that exists in my plugins directory... but Flash won't work! :(

Originally posted by X-Istence
Firebird can manage multi identities.

BTW MyIE2 is an addon for IE, it doesnt count.

Then we have Opera, and that is not free.

Just a side note, having to have plugins to do certain stuff keeps the file size down.

Firebird can only manage identities through command switch and you can't switch identities easily.

Why doesn't MYIE count just because it's an add on. Consider it part of IE which is a browser which counts. MYIE only comes with useful features. Also, IE is integrated into Windows so it's going to take up space on you Hard Disk whether you like it or not regardless of which browser/add on you use. So might as well enhance it with MYIE2.

Oh, and there's the noopads freeware that converts Opera from adware to freeware LEGALLY.

Sorry, but you did drag me kicking and screaming into this off topic discussion :D

the bug is still there + a refresh does fix it ;)

I've noticed an interesting thing about Flash with Firebird. I uninstalled Flash from my computer, but kept the flash plugin for Firebird in the plugin directory. Well guess what? Flash still works.

So it turns out all you need is that little dll file in your plugin folder. You don't need to actually have the Flash software installed.

Not sure if this is news to anybody, but I thought it was interesting.

I'm guessing you need to have at least installed the flash for the registry settings before you deleted the progra,, and that the dll wouldn't stand alone

I don't know though

Actually, perris, that's the thing. I always remove all reg entries when I uninstall programs. So there were no "leftovers" of the Flash software anywhere on my machine.

Try it some time. I'd be interested to hear if it works for everybody, or if it was some kind of fluke.

you only need the seperate flash pluggin for it to work i think :D

wow

then I'm guessing a full flash is part of the dynamic link link library(protected, original analterable)

all i did was download a small 300kb file + install in in my pluggins dir. :cool:

Installing the first time did present a few challenges. Now I just keep a copy of the plugins folders and copy it over whenever I go to a new build.

i can test to the fact that flash doesnt need to be installed to work.

I carry my stuff around on a USB key for easy access everywhere, and i have a copy of firebird, and was pleasently suprised that even flash worked on boxes that didnt have flash installed.

Anyone see the irony here? It seems that most of you can use Flash without even installing it, as long as the DLL is in the plugins folder. Yet I installed it and have the DLL in the right place, and I still can't use it! :confused: :D

To test out the plugin, I went to a site that had a collection of award-winning flash sites.

I haven't tried creating a new profile yet, so that might be something I'll have to try. Thanks for the reply.

/DEALER SURPRISES EVEN HIMSELF

ha, I figured out how to flip the favorites...WITHOUT U GUYZ HELP!!!!

here's how...feel free to go and spread this to whoever else needs it;

widoze kE +r

paste;

favorites

enter

now, just go and tapEPOO the toolbar that says "name"

voiala..inverted

now gohead and export the file.

TADAHHHHHHHHHH

*hugs self*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back