Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

was wondering if there's a way to remove the "Mozilla Firebird" text underneath Internet?

attachment.php

For those of you that seem to like the Tab Browsing in Firebird try this extension
Tabbrowser Extensions
It's extremely useful, It does many things including opening the tabs you had open when you closed Firebird (session recovery) and much more.
For other extensions (or if you don't trust the above link) go to Mozilla Firebird: Extensions

We fixed it here at NTFS.org, i dont have a problem with it now =)

Originally posted by DFX
was wondering if there's a way to remove the "Mozilla Firebird" text underneath Internet?

One thing you could do DFX is to put a shortcut there instead.
go to "takbar and Start menu Properties" (right click on the start button and go to properties) click Customize
uncheck both items in "Show on Start Menu" then ok twice...
then just create a shortcut in a folder somewhere to Firebird (right drag the Firebird executable and go to "create shortcut here") rename and modify the shorcut to how you want it then drag it to the start menu... repeat for whatever else you want there...
you have to keep the original short cuts though, I just use a folder in "c:\Documents and settings\user\".

Sorry about the simple instructions, I am used to assuming people are dumb, It's my job :) .

Originally posted by X-Istence
We fixed it here at NTFS.org, i dont have a problem with it now =)

Err.. it's still rooted on the News pages for me... :confused:

Originally posted by tstoten
One thing you could do DFX is to put a shortcut there instead.
go to "takbar and Start menu Properties" (right click on the start button and go to properties) click Customize
uncheck both items in "Show on Start Menu" then ok twice...
then just create a shortcut in a folder somewhere to Firebird (right drag the Firebird executable and go to "create shortcut here") rename and modify the shorcut to how you want it then drag it to the start menu... repeat for whatever else you want there...
you have to keep the original short cuts though, I just use a folder in "c:\Documents and settings\user\".

Sorry about the simple instructions, I am used to assuming people are dumb, It's my job :) .

haha

cheers man

Orbitz expanded theme,

we made the entire thing w3c compliant, and the bug went away, if its still showing for you, then i dont know. For the majority of the users its gone now.

Right. The frontpage problem still exists for all four themes. Even W3C-compliant pages will render incorrectly until the Firebird bug is fixed.

Weird, it fixed the bug for a lot of people that i know that had the bug appear just on orbitz expanded.

:confused:

Don't forget to clear your cache, or else it'll continue to load the old page.

What I don't like about Firebird is the lame feature set. I have to search for plugins for the simplest features :(

Originally posted by coathanger007
What I don't like about Firebird is the lame feature set. I have to search for plugins for the simplest features :(

Such as?

Originally posted by coathanger007
Mouse gestures, autoscroll, open links in tab...

Which browser includes all of these things, without having to install plugins or third party applications?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back