Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

i'm using firebird @ mo ;)

i quite like it as it is similar to aol ;)

Originally posted by coathanger007
Why can't I use Thunderbird themes - they don't install ???
are you downloading themes for th correct version of firebird?
there are a LOT of problems themes at the moment, as the majority were actually made for v0.6 or before. and they absolutely dont work with 0.7, not even half work. so you have to make sure you're installing 0.7 themes (I gather that you're using 0.7?)

I dont suggest using the themes function unless you are really sure that you have the right version, and also i would suggest just waiting till the final comes out for FireBird, 1.0 i would imagine, as then the theme support should be stable.

Hello, i've been watching the use of cache in "about:cache". I have created a ram drive but have noticed the memory cache device use will surpass the maximum storage capacity. In this screenshot the memory capacity was exceeded and "storage in use" dropped well below its capacity. Is this a problem? If so, how can I raise the maximum?

cache.JPG

I noticed the same thing, Lynchknot. I was using a RAM drive for the cache about a month ago, and got the same results as you. So I dumped it, and went back to the normal disk cache. I never figured out why it did that though.

Originally posted by Vector
I noticed the same thing, Lynchknot. I was using a RAM drive for the cache about a month ago, and got the same results as you. So I dumped it, and went back to the normal disk cache. I never figured out why it did that though.

But it's not the ram disk that is running out of memory space.

My problem was that I set the max cache size on my RAM disk to 50MB, but it would always exceed that amount. I thought that's what you were saying was happening to you, too. But I guess I misread your last post.

And I'm not sure what we're supposed to be seeing in that screenshot.

Firebird Download Manager can't resume properly. Every time I resume it corrupts my download! :(

I never knew the Firebird download manager was designed to support download resuming. You'd probably be better off using something like FreshDownload or StarDownloader.
:)

I used it as an alternative when sites don't support multiple threads. Now I just use it for small files which don't need resuming.

Originally posted by Vector
My problem was that I set the max cache size on my RAM disk to 50MB, but it would always exceed that amount. I thought that's what you were saying was happening to you, too. But I guess I misread your last post.

And I'm not sure what we're supposed to be seeing in that screenshot.

Hello, I think the ram disk is shown below (screenshot) as "Disk cache device" and it is well below maximum storage range. Above that is "memory cache device" of which I do not know what that is but have found that it exceeds that of it's storage capacity. I'm wondering if that should be set higher and how.

cache.JPG

i really like your firebird themes:cool:

Is it possible to make webpages opened up from the mail part of Mozilla each open in a new page?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back