Mozilla.org Discussion (Mozilla, FireBird, Thunderbird, etc)

Originally posted by renakuajo
does anybody had their userContent edited? i mean to block adds,etc? cause i have and i just delete it and the strech bug dissapear.......for a while but now its that if it appears and i hit refresh it then loads normally.......

Yep, that seems to have fixed it. I just commented out all the iframe lines in the ad-blocker code, since NTFS uses iframe ads. Front page works perfectly now, yet some of the more annoying ads that aren't loaded in iframes on other sites continue to remain blocked. :)

i still have it some times happens sometimes not, at least now if i hit f5 it loads ok.....but still are some pages that it dont

Originally posted by X-Istence
Uhm, we dont use an iframe anymore.

Just noticed that. Why do the NTFS ads get unblocked when I uncomment only the iframe lines in the ad-blocker code then?

NetRyder: there wont be one, what they did is take out all their own widget code, and just develop it for Mac OS X, and use Mac's Widgets.

It's still possible to make a good replica out of the theme using images from the Mac version.

Something that Timan knocked up quickly (attached).. obviously it's a start and the skin can be ported (or ripped off :p) but it wont be quite as good, I like the default firebird skin on XP anyway, fits in nicely, just looks out of place on a mac or linux, hence why this skin for osx has been made..

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Something that Timan knocked up quickly (attached).. obviously it's a start and the skin can be ported (or ripped off :p) but it wont be quite as good, I like the default firebird skin on XP anyway, fits in nicely, just looks out of place on a mac or linux, hence why this skin for osx has been made..

Yup, saw that screenie on Neowin yesterday. That's using the classic scheme. I'm sure it would look a lot better with something like KoL's Panther VS, since that skins the background of the Firebird toolbar as well.
*Still hopes for a nice port* :)

Until then, I'm using Lynchknot's Safari theme with plastic buttons.

I've been juggling between browsers alot recently (been through Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firebird, Avant, etc.) I finally went back to Mozilla Firebird today (using aebrahim's SSE2 optimized) and was just curious if you any of you could possibly help me? :D

I prefer Firebird over the Mozilla Suite, but one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get grouped tabs in Firebird. I'm not sure if thats the proper name for it, but in the Mozilla suite you can bunch a group of tabs together so that they open with a single mouse click. In firebird you can put them all in a folder, and then you have to go through the dropdown menu and go to "Open in Tabs". It's just not as efficent, and doesn't look as clean though. So I'm trying to find out if theres a way to make Firebirds tab grouping work like that in the Mozilla suite. I thought that maybe TBE would have an option for this, but if it does I can't find it.

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it ;)

I thought the same when I first started to use firebird, but I actually grew to prefer the folder method, so never looked into there being a method similar to that the suite uses. will be interesting to see if anyone knows though :)

Forseti:

Try an extension called TabBrowser Extension. It's got all kinds of options for tabs.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
mmmmmmmmmmmmsafari :D :D

Yeah, once again I'm in a mood to Mac-tify my Windows desktop.
It's looking pretty sweet right now, but I still have to perfect a few little things here and there before I post it.
:)

Originally posted by Vector
Forseti:

Try an extension called TabBrowser Extension. It's got all kinds of options for tabs.

Thats what I was referring to (TBE). I'm guessing it's in there somewhere, there's just so many options for it (some of them aren't very descriptive). I guess I'll just mess with it a bit more.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Yeah, once again I'm in a mood to Mac-tify my Windows desktop.
It's looking pretty sweet right now, but I still have to perfect a few little things here and there before I post it.
:)
I've just Aqua'd my safari, looks sweet, not a huge fan of the brushed metal widgets. Not that we should discuss safari here with it being a KHTML browser :D

Originally posted by Forseti
Thats what I was referring to (TBE). I'm guessing it's in there somewhere, there's just so many options for it (some of them aren't very descriptive). I guess I'll just mess with it a bit more.

There's an option at the end called "TabGroups". Is that what you're looking for?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back