Mozilla Guide please

Ok, now on dialup

these browsers are very similar in speed.

I give a noticeable benefit to ie, but I do have the ie bias, so it's probably very close.

pheonix is definately not faster then ie, but if it is slower, it is not so anyone would notice without timing it.

this is definately the way to go, if you want to get off of ie.

Gonna keep with it for a week

I can't see this being any improvement at all over ie, but neither is it a sacrifice to use it.

I believe my final decision will be as follows.

If you like the idea of using open source, and you like giving the little guy a chance, pheonix is definately for you

nice smoothe browser that doesn't give anything away when making the switch.

thanx everybody for your help

so if you want to experiment, don't even think about mozilla, go with pheonix

I'm not wanting to start a "what browser post are you using" because this is already going on in another thread...........this info is for dealer and not wanting to start a "well I use topic" thanks;)

ok dealer I have been watching this thread from the start.........and have really enjoyed the thread:cool:

I have been using Crazy Browser for a couple of months now and it seems to do all of the things that seems to be mentioned in this thread......

auto refresh............. which you can time if you wish i.e. every 30secs to every 5mins or even have a slide show of your open tabs and easy to configure

tabbed windows...........

auto adds the favorites folder.................

On F11 it auto hides the tool/address/task bar and just leaves the tabs at the top

auto completion of url's.......... alt+enter=google.com................Ctrl+Ent=http://www.%s.com

Translate webpages..........easily

I could go on a bit more but wont :D

It uses the IE browser engine to render web pages.

Not to sure about the sidebar thing as I don't use anything like that..........and another biggy is adshield don't work with it:(....but it has its own popup stopper which works very well:)...........

This is very simalar to Myie2 the reason i choose Crazy Browser is the simple fact that my back button on my mouse wouldn't work on Myie2:(...but they are very similar.

Screenshots

Crazy Browser Homepage

Alan

This is the link for all the extensions:
http://texturizer.net/phoenix/extensions.html

Install these:
1) Autohide Toolbox - this is for true full screen mode
2) Nuke image - right click an image, and you can hide it instantly
3) Preferences toolbar - instant blocking of fonts, colors, images, javascript, java applets, popups, cookies, and user agent (emulates IE's UA)
4) Tabbed Browsing Extensions - for lots of other tab options including auto-reloading of tabs.

Let me know if you can't figure something out. Cheers! :)

Originally posted by dealer
pheonix is a much better application, so if you want to experiment, don't even think about mozilla, go with pheonix

This may not always be true. Mozilla is an all-in-one internet suite, which includes a browser, mail client, editor, and IRC client. For people who want to use any of the components other than the browser, Mozilla is the way to go.

Phoenix is a Mozilla-based project that includes a browser only. If that's what you want, go for it.

Just a FYI: Mozilla is the base for Phoenix and several other browsers (including Netscape - yuck). Most features are first developed in Mozilla builds, and then ported over to the offshoot projects like Phoenix. Mozilla is not just an application - it's a huge open-source software project.

good poiints, netryder

but, most people ahve mail clients, and chats, so additional code for these doesn't make allot of sense

got all the add ons, netryder

thanx tons

ok, now this thing is giving nothing away for me to use it.

nice

I don't see a benefit, but it is not a liability of any sort.

this is a very nice browser

AHHRRRRGGGG

my ie spell check doesn't work in this...ant plug in for this?

Thanx also for all your help alen

ya, the add onss for ie are excellant, so if you have no reason to add code to your box, but you want the tabs, crazy and ie are great.

btw

I believe adshield is still working in the backround of your crazy browser.

I can ask the author of adshield how to get the button on the toolbar if you want

Originally posted by dealer
I believe adshield is still working in the backround of your crazy browser.

I can ask the author of adshield how to get the button on the toolbar if you want

dealer,that would be great if you could :cool:

Thanks
Alan;)

Dealer, according to MozDev:

"Currently the Mozilla developers are working on a general spell checker interface that should be ready for Mozilla 1.3b"

When that happens, it will be implemented in a future Phoenix build as well. Lots of people on the Phoenix/Mozilla forums seem to want this feature, and somebody's going to come up with it for sure.

I'll continue to look, and let you know if I see anything.

There seems to be a spellchecker for Mozilla Mail and Composer.
The extension for the browser is currently being worked on. :)

netryder, you've been tons of help.

I can see why people would use this to get away from ie

at the end of the week, I might not even uninstall this browser.

a coupla things piss me off though.

first, this browser took liberties with my email links, and even toolbar links in ie!!!

ha, now, when I click a link from mail, pheonix is launched!!!

even when I'm in ie, I've added a few links to my ie toolbar, AND IE LAUNCHES PHEONIX FOR THESE...bothersome, but I'll figure it out

there are lots of pages that do not load, instead I get code on the page.

I understand, that's because they are written in violation of standards, but it doesn't change the problem, knowing what's causing it

Set IE back as your default browser ... that should sort your "link stealing" problem :p

As far as some pages being displayed "incorrectly" in Moz/Phoenix ... take a look at this.

http://www.ncf.ca/~bh447/pngdemo/

Open it in Moz/Phoenix ... then in IE
See how IE handles PNG alpha masks? :D
No question about standard compliance.

netryder

big differance, and if this page is written to standards, that's a bug in ie, but it's rare, isn't it?

also, when pheonix can't figure a page out, it decides not to try, and just gives you the code.

that's a bug

the browser should render whatever it can, it shouldn"t default to code.

sldo, I'm one of the few people that like the xp clicks...I love those...oh well...just nitpcking now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back