Mozilla Guide please

Originally posted by dealer
the browser should render whatever it can, it shouldn"t default to code.

The top of the main NTFS page is incorrectly coded. Phoenix still displays it ... but the way it should look as per the code.

sldo, I'm one of the few people that like the xp clicks...I love those...oh well...just nitpcking now

You mean the click sounds??? :D

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
I just tried something. I checked to see if CTRL+Enter was supported in Phoenix and it is. Also, points #2 and #3 can be done in Phoenix to a limited degree.

Autohide toolbar (fullscreen) works perfectly in Phoenix ... exactly like it does in IE. I posted screenshots earlier in the thread. So what's limited about it? :confused:

yessssss
control+enter

very important...nice

ha, I stopped trying, thanx for checking

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
Sorry, I completely missed the extra pages that all the sudden poped up overnight :)

Yup, Dealer and I were on a posting spree last night :p

kevin, it's not quite as good...the whole page jumps up and down...annoying, but its better then looking at the toolbar.

I am sure my preferance will remain with ie after this experiment, but I now have a great alternative

kevin, it's not quite as good...the whole page jumps up and down...annoying, but its better then looking at the toolbar.

Huh? :confused:

the ie autohide is a bar that rises and falls over the page

the pheonix moves the whole page up and down

jumpy, but probably gives a little extra content.

I'd rather it didn't jump

NetRyder - Just so you know, Phoenix is a pet project for the head dude for Mozilla. It's actually his experimentation grounds for features he wants to eventually put into Mozilla but needs to test them fully before incorporating them into the newer Mozilla's.

Dealer - Use the Phoenix browse speed tweak and you should find that it will load faster than IE. Assuming u have the things tweaked/cached as IE probably has.

tell me what specifically to do...I believe I've done everything, and there is no way to claim this is faster then ie

at the very best, it's on par...no chance it's faster.

to be honest, I'm looking forward to the end of my experiment...this just feels a little more crude, and it's slowing the rest of my box down for the ram it uses.

I can absolutey understand why some people might like tho make the change from ms...but with ie addons, there is nothing here for me, and I will switch back as soon as I am done.

plus, I hate the space the tabs take up on my browser screen, so I don't use them...I'm looking for an autohide for the tabs, when there are multiple tabs...that would be nice.

as I said, for people that want a choice, they give up nothing with pheonix...it is a very nice browser.

but the claims for the speed of it are just not true, it's not faster then ie.

as far as loading pheonix, that's just fine...I don't think it takes too long to load, so that criticism is exagerated.

and again, for a choice, pheonix is excellant

mozilla howevr is not a choice...it is a horrible browser

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back