Mozilla Guide please

ok, now look at my screen in f11...this is not a portion of my display, tis is my entire display.

as you can see, no tool bar, no taskbar...100% content.

this can't be done with mozilla.

though maybe with pheonix..I hope so

Originally posted by dealer
ok, now look at my screen in f11...this is not a portion of my display, tis is my entire display.

as you can see, no tool bar, no taskbar...100% content.

this can't be done with mozilla.

though maybe with pheonix..I hope so

Same effect on Phoenix ....
Check out the screenshot (1024x768)

nr

it's not the adblocking of adshield that I'm adicted to.

it's how it shrinks the add area to 0x0

this will typically give me an inch or two of extra content on every page.

I can use this feature on the huge logos that are on most of the sites that I visit every day...this is so sweet, it's incredible.

wait, I'll be right back with a gif of tweak, without there logo...this is so nice

ok..check out all the extra content I have without the tweak logo

this is the top of their front forum page!!!

see...and every site that I visit often, I eliminate the logo,...it's one of my pleasures

btw

adshield will have a new version in a month or two, and I think it will work in mozilla

Same effect in Phoenix ...
Notice the position of the vertical scrollbar in your screenshot, and then in mine. Same isn't it? ;)

ps...ya, that pheonix tool bar is perfect...ok, see you tomorrow for real

hold it..before you go..check thisout

my bad, this time, the scroll bar is where it blongs.

notice top left...no logo, more content

hold it..before you go..check thisout

my bad, this time, the scroll bar is where it blongs.

notice top left...no logo, more content

Here we go again ... :D
Check attachment.

Now I really need to sleep, will bback tomorrow for more.

Use phoenix instead of Mozilla... load times are significantly faster than Mozilla and IE.

However, to unlock the speed loading, you gotta play around with the user prefs.js file. The tweak is in the Tips link i got at the bottom, with a few other tweaks that may float your boat. I'm pretty sure there is a Mozilla equivalant to the speed loading but I don't use Mozilla anymore so I can't tell you where to look for the tweak.

As for themes, i go to Deskmod for my themes and also mozilla's official theme site.

Some linkies
http://www.texturizer.net/phoenix/tips.html <- Plenty of good tips for Phoenix.
http://www.texturizer.net/phoenix/themes.html <- Phoenix Themes
http://themes.mozdev.org/ <- Official Mozilla/Phoenix/Netscape themes link
http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=mozilla <- Mozilla Themes @ Deskmod
http://www.deskmod.com/?show=showcat&cat_name=phoenix <- Phoenix Themes @ Deskmod

posted by dealer
ie gets finished seconds faster then mozilla...seconds, even when I start mozilla second...and give it the benefit of temporary files...now this is amazing to me

Just for information, if you use different browsers they don't use a shared cache. Each one has its own. The default locations are:
Internet Explorer
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Mozilla
C:\Documents andSettings\{username}\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\aeshknym.slt\Cache
Opera
C:\Program Files\Opera\Cache 4

aha

thanx yoyo

I couldn't for the ;ilfe of me figure out how it would load so slowly even with some cached info.

I'm gonna try pheonix today.

mozilla by itself dohesn't cut it.

netryder...it looks like you have the same funtionality with the native add blocker as I have with adshield, so I'll work with that too.

also, I'm having trouble getting to the site netryder that you posted for that pheonix build you like...could you double check that link?

ok, this ine recognizes all my folders, cool

also, the link for "preferances, tabed browsing is not going anywhere...is that link accurate?

also, I customized the toolbar perfectly...nice

only thing left is getting that auto hide on top that you got netryder...I can't figurre that one out.

this is definately loading pages faster too...timing these on my dsl, they are very close.

pheonix is not faster then ie yet, but I haven't tinkered yet

also, n r, how do you get the tabs to auto refresh?o

I still don't see the use of these tabs over ie tabs, but if they can be adjusted to auto refresh, that'll be something usefull

I still don't see the use of these tabs over ie tabs, but if they can be adjusted to auto refresh, that'll be something usefull

I'm assuming that mozilla sticks the tabs inside it's own window rather than using the main windows taskbar? I can see that as an advantage since I'm limited to 1024x769 resolution (TFT laptop screen), and programs like Visual Studio and Dreamweaver, not to mention IM windows (AIM, MSN, ICQ etc.), can clog up my taskbar real fast...

well, if your going to try a differant browser, phoenix seems much faster then mozlilla

if you want to try tabbed browsing on ie, you can you can download "my ie", which will add these tabs, plus some opera features right on top of ie.

so far, as far as I can see, my ie is the best choice for people that like these things.

but, I am getting used to pheonix, so that seems to me to be a fine alternative

mozilla is not an alternative.

it is flawed in everything I tried, speed, convienience of use, everything

pheonix is a much better application, so if you want to experiment, don't even think about mozilla, go with pheonix

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back