I have another problem!

gotta add summin when you extract the zip they are in there own folder take them out the folder and put them in the windows xp folder like in the screenshot i posted

Okay, I got a folder in My Documents (Win -XP I labeled it) I extracted the Zip into it and confirmed that the 4 files are there.
When I right click on it and Open it - it shows me everything that is in it - just like it does when I "explore it" - did I do something wrong??? There is no run option as I expected!

post a screenie of the folder :) i cant be sure how youve done it

I can't - it won't all fit - my I386 folder has many files in it and it takes me 10 seconds to scroll the entire length of it! - obviously I screwed up somewhere!

this is how it should look with the files i sent you you should have all the highlited files in the pic forget about the unhighlited ones as you dont need em post me a screenie the same as mine

I have one folder labeled Win-XP in My Documents which has I386, and the other 4 zips combined in it. I think what I need to do is create a "new folder" and then cut the copied I386 folder (minus the zips) in my documents to it and then add the zipped files to it! Yes???

right where your ioriginal i386 folder is just right click and copy then go to the windows xpp folder and past the folder and all files contained will be copied to the new location check that the files i sent you are extrected taken from the extraction folder and placed with the i386 folder (not in it) in the win xp folder

I give up - I can't even post a scxreen shot anymore - I think I have it as you want it!

Okay - here's the deal, when I take the folder I made - per you instructions, and right click on the "setup" and select open - I get a screen that says "What do you want to do? with four choices - dang is that what the "XP cd" looks like???????

If the answer is yes - then all I have to do is copy it to cd - right??

At any rate - thanks for all your help - I have to go to work at 11 PM (our time) - like 4 hours from now - and I know it's very late for you - so I'll get back with you tomorrow!

Thankx so much for you patience and help.

Henyman - I have not fogot about you - I'll get with you too!

<edit - After I exit out of it - without selecting any of the 4 options, my Clean Sweep even appears and says nothing has been changed - that's a good sight yes????>

yeh you should have this come up (see attchment) but to boot from the cd you just have to make it bootable if you got nero then i can help you

and yeh cleansweep has not detected anychanges cuz youve only started the install process you havent actually started moving files.

also check it works ie go past all the screens including the one i sent you enter your cd key (it should be on a sticker on your case) just so you dont expect it to work then it Fks up on you.

speak later:)

hey looking good @ mo!!! u may have been able 2 make an Xp cd from an Oem version. i no that lots of people such as meself would love 2 have a cd rather than on a dam partition.:cool:

i know it cuts the crap out of it hopefully this will work for damnyank and maybe you;)

Just a short remark. To build a Windows XP Home Edition cd you need the file WIN51IC not WIN51IP, this one is for Pro edition. Not sure what this file actually does, but I think it is called a version marker file. If I open any of the two files with notepad they just say "Windows", nothing else. Total Commander says the two files WIN51IC and WIN51IP are identic. Maybe it is just the name that makes the difference.

XP Abuser - I have Nero and I have never made a bootable cd. All I have done is backed up files/folders and burned some audio cd's - so if it is not too much problem - I'll let you lead me thru creating a bootable cd. So far so good - no need for me to go off on my own and screw up all the hard work you have put into this.

<edit - mine looks the same as the screenshot of your XP-cd>

So please, instruct me at your leisure! :D

yoyo - thanks for the info what do you think?? Just rename to WIN51IC??? Since they are identical??? Or just leave it alone for the time being?? BTW - the properties for my WIN51IC shows size as 10 bytes, but size on disk as 4KB - that sounds strange to me!

ok i didnt spot that one but if it says the same crap in notepad then it must be the same i suggest you change it to the name yoyo suggested for xp home ok its late here and your probably at work so post me wat time youll be on and ill try and get on here to help you through this nero tutorial

... and be prepared for tomorrow as for tomorrow we make coasters hundreds of them muhahahhaahha
and hopefully in the process make 1 successful xp cd

peace out:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back