I have another problem!

ok Damn Yank you got more files than me so your ok and most likely means you got all files for successful setup

to answer your questions

first of all you can run windows install from the hard drive which is what i was explaining to tonya. and yes you can burn it to cd But you must have a setup EXE as the cd cannot find the winnt32.exe in the I386 folder see the attachment as to what it should look like

and to answer the question about moving to another directory i didnt think you wanted to burn it to cd i assumed you wanted to run it and repair windows.

and i didnt say anything about a homemade cd but as youve bought it up i will help you make one

and finally you can repair the windows installation as if you had a retail disk without having to lose your programs files and settings

also winnt32.exe is the setup program that installs windows and initiates the process

Sorry for any confusion - I mentioned the "homemade XP cd" - about 8 posts or so ago.

I don't have a problem - other than I have an HP with the "hidden partition" and do not trust HP's non-destructive recovery.

I am basically trying to find a way (for future use) to be able to do the "repair install" as I have so many times seen it fix so many problems and I am without the "XP cd" in hand because HP didn't supply it with their OEM install of Home! I hope that makes sense to you!

Now where or how do I get a "setup EXE" (you must have a setup EXE as the cd cannot find the winnt32.exe in the I386 folder)??? Is that screenshot from a "XP cd"?

Anyway, thanks for your patience with me and my stupid(?) questions. I think I am starting to follow more of what you are saying

/me will watch this thread in deep intrest. could be very help full:cool:

hi henyman - yes - you are in the same boat - yes????;)

If you figure it out before I do - help me out okay??

ok that screenshot was from xp pro cd but i they are both the same i can give you the files if no one brings up the warez card like usual and besides these files are general setup files i would not give you the I386 folder as that is the windows files and would surely be warez:) i wait for the warez speech

XP Abuser - no - I wasn't trying. I was waiting for an answer from you - unless I missed it

"Now where or how do I get a "setup EXE" (you must have a setup EXE as the cd cannot find the winnt32.exe in the I386 folder)??? Is that screenshot from a "XP cd"?"

you must have answered while I was typing!:D

Yea, I hear ya on the warez - if push comes to shove and we can not continue here - PM me!;)

i hear you :) lets do this under the beedy eye of ntfs.org tehe

"these files are general setup files" - is there anywhere I could download them from - without you having to give them to me?

Perhaps we should test the waters - sock it to me here!;)

theres 4 files ill zip em up 4 you whats the worst they can do remove it hold on

ok i suggest copying your I386 folder to another folder named Windows XP preferably in my documents (trust me this will make things less complicated) then in the folder named W~ XP should contain your i386 folder with all the files in it extract the zip to the windows xp folder then run the setup and see what happens if you got further than b4 just cancel setup and that should be a good sign that it is going to install. then we go onto the next step if your ready

zip contains these files:
autorun.inf
setup.exe
win51ip
win51

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back