I have another problem!

XP Abuser - okay - I just got off work and need to take a nap - don't know if it suits you or not - but I'll be back online around 1:30 PM (my time) which will be around 7:30 PM your time. I should be able to hang around for about 3 hours -so hopefully I will catch you then.

Got a spindle of 100 cds - hopefully we're not going to make that many coasters! :D

Ziptrx - thanks for the info - I'll give it a read before I go thru it with XP Abuser - I'd like to finish this whole thing up with him as he has been really helpful and patient with me!

ok damnyank i suggest you run the setup prog b4 we start burning the cd just so we know that everything is ok dont run it all way through but just see if it gets further than when you first tried it post on forum what the outcome is then well begin to burn it to bootable cd:)

Bad news - of the four options available - the first one (install Windows) does not work.

The other three pop up the next screen.

It says nothing - it's almost like it is not enabling - I have noticed that the arrow boxes in front of the oterh three choices are blue and the one infront of Install Windows is green.

when I hover over it I get the hand and when I click on it - nothing happens - the hand does not even change into an hour glass!

Perhaps I am not wating lonmg enough - is it an instantanious thing??

pretty much.. ok go into the I386 folder and click winnt32.exe (not winnt32.msi) see what that does:huh:

OKay - here's the deal - I do not have an winnt32.exe or an Winnt32.msi - I do have a Winnt32 - which the bubble says is the stub loader for Winnt 32 Setup. I actuall have 3 Winnt32 files - two have an icon sorta like a disk and the third which the bubble says is thew Windows Installer Package has an icon like a computer. I clicked on the two Winnt32 files that look alike and one said it was not for use with a 32 bit system - so I clicked on the other one and I go that error I had before - re: contact your admin.

Here's the error:Installation sourcepath specified is invalid, Contact System Adminstrator

I'll be gone for about 15 minutes - be right back!

extract and paste this file into your I386 folder they may have removed it from the folder (its like they dont want you to fix your pc) then run it ...man im gonna get this b!tch goin 4 u:) if it already contains it paste over the old one

OK- strange things going on - I downloaded, extracted the zip and pasted it into my I386 folder - when I hit the paste it said it already exsisted - want to replace - I said Yes and went for it! Now when I trued to open it (the one you sent me) it gave me the same "Installation sourcepath specified is invalid, Contact System Adminstrator" error.

One other thing - I downloaded it, saved it to my download folder and then open it and when I clicked on it to oipen the winnt32 before puttiing it in my I 386 folder - it said ti was corrupt and setup couod not continue??? Is that just because it had nothing else to set up/load???

I went back and went thru the whole thing again and it appeared to have extracted okay this time - I got no corrupt warning - went back in to my I386 folder and replaced the exsisting one with this "newly extracted one and got the same "Installation sourcepath specified is invalid, Contact System Adminstrator" error.

yeh the dlls have to be in the same folder as the exe rite extract these files to your I386 flder overrite the old ones if it prompts you post back tell me wat goes on
:)and this next 1 im posting

Extracted all and replaced same in I386 folder - click on winnt32.exe still produces the same error.

I did check the properties of the files I replaced and they were the same size and same date - so chances are they are what I already had!

ok try this file extract to I386 folder also i got one last trick up me sleeves if that dont work fraid it gets a little complicated

Stuck Pidgen in I386 and replaced same - opening winnt32 exe produces the same error and once again Pidgen properties matched up with what I had before also.

I have about 20 minutes before I have to leave - so in case we lose contact - I should be back on around the same time tomorrow - the PM you sent worked nicely of notification.

ill have an explore of the files and thats the first pm thing ive done maybe ill have more tricks until 2mo :)

OK - once again thanks for your efforts - gotta be getting late on your end - I'll catch ya tomorrow!:)

looks like it aint goin good:( i anit got no sugestions 2 to add:huh:

he has the hide file extentions turned on..needs to go to windows explorer...Tools...Folder Options...View...and uncheck..hide extentions for known file types...then he will see the .exe and the other common ones....and the winnt32.exe has to be run from dos and not windows

Thanks jroc - right on about the "hide common file extentions" - that took care of that concern of mine.

I don't claim to know everything about this - but it is my understanding that the winnt32.exe is run from windows and the winnt.exe can only be run from dos!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back