Encyclopedia of XP tweaks

alright people... no fighting! one of the reasons I've posted more than once to this thread is because everyone has been civil. please... don't change that! there are more than enough threads and forums out there to post antagonistic thoughts; leave this one alone!

thank you; please drive thru...

Hi crapito,
allan and myself are not fighting, I have too much respect for him to do that. He believed I made a mistake, I was explaining to him that I might not necessarily have made a mistake:D

DD - Well then by all means, good job ;)

crapito - relax - it's okay - DD and I understand one another (more's the pity:( :cool: )

Why thank you Dirk, I'm flattered. Be assured the feeling is completely mutual.

allan and Dirk Diggler: you guys are nuts.

me, on the other hand... I'm just paranoid. :)

Hi guys.
I think the idea was thrown at some point to make a compilation of all the tweaks posted here. I took up on that and made one of all the tweaks I've attempted, or considered trying eventually, and that I'd kept on .txt files here and there.

Many come from this site, some from others (especially from TweakXp.com), and still quite a few I took directly from this very thread.
-Hope the authors won't mind my not quoting their names : I usually re-write them a bit when copying, in order to make them more compact and directly to the point. And in the process I usually eliminate all references to their origins, amongst other things.
In any case, I do not claim authorship for anything in these files.

I put them in .doc format, as that allowed me to insert a table of content (easier than classifying them for search purposes).

There are 2 files : one is my "bunch o' tweaks", the other a description of XP services for the purpose of deciding if you need them.

-I think it would be nice if people thought of updating/correcting/adding to these two documents once in a while with the newly posted tweaks, and posting the newer versions.

(If you like the format I'm offering, but would not like to work on it, or don't feel at ease with Word, you can also post a message for me with an attached .txt of the tweaks you'd like added, and I'll update the .doc myself. -I won't write down everything I see here 'cause I'd be afraid to add anything I don't fully understand. That's why I feel it's better if someone else synthetizes it for me first...)

Also, if you claim authorship for any of the tweaks in there, or know the authors, please feel free to add a mention to that extent.

Hope it can be of use. :)

(See next post for the files)

Ramanuman: I just get an error page when trying to download your tweak file. can you please check it too? thanks.

Mmmhhh... Indeed I do to.
I tried anew here and it seems to work.
-As this is the 1st time I include an attachment in any forum, I do not know what could be the matter.
(The file is uploaded to the site, right ? Or could it be downloaded from its original location everytime ?)

I don't have a clue as to how to fix this. Sorry.
Could someone help ?

Or maybe, if someone here has a website I could forward the files to him/her, and people could get it from there ?

(What's strange is I got the error when I tried to download the file myself from the first place where I posted it. But I can get it from the second... Couldn't anybody at all get it ?)

Here's it, without them spaces.
Hope that solves the problem...

download works now. I guess the forum board couldn't figure out what to do with the spaces. personally, I try to make all my files w/o any spaces. usually, it doesn't matter, but when I does, it's a great headache reducer...

thanks, Ramanuman. I'll check out your tweaks manana.

For everyone's information, filenames with spaces...ANY file with ANY spaces, will NOT work on the internet.

:D

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Use "Microsoft Word" or "WordPad" or even "WordViewer"

hey dirk, I just opened that file with word pad...just code, then I opened it with note pad...just code, gonna try word, I'll be back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back