Doom III alpha leak

<Andy> runact.cfg
<Andy> change the devmap line from $e3_intro
<Andy> to
<Andy> #devmap $e3_intro
<Andy> and save
<SPeedY_B> wehy
<Andy> just stops it running in "i should be in an e3 booth and not your stinkin pc" mode

<Andy> yuo needs to know m0r
* _rEAPER_ hangs onnn
<Andy> it runs in windowed mode by default anyway
<Andy> so launch it now
<Andy> admire the opening cinematic id thing
<Andy> and bring console down
<_rEAPER_> har
<Andy> then exec lowquality.cfg / medquality.cfg / highquality.cfg
<Andy> once you've done that
<Andy> type
<Andy> 'exec runact.cfg'
<Andy> and mek self
<Andy> cup of tea
<Andy> cos it takes liek 5 mins to load
<Andy> for comedy value, parp /meminfo into mirc at regular intervals!
<Andy> watch mammary get eaten
<Andy> the doom3 window will probably white out
<Andy> while it's doing that

<Andy|> once all that's done
<Andy|> you can do r_mode 3 etc. to up the resolution
<Andy|> r_fullscreen 1 for fullscreen etc
<Andy|> the maps are:
<Andy|> map e3/intro
<Andy|> (cinematic)
<Andy|> map e3/e3_1
<Andy|> map e3/e3_2
<Andy|> map e3/e3_3
<Andy|> map fred/e3bathroom5

<Andy|> and rebind the movement keys thusly
<Andy|> bind w _forward
<Andy|> bind s _back

Hope that makes sence, just pasted from IRC :)

oh i tried the E3 deom at 800*600 medium detail on my machine and it was like a slide show:(:( oh dear me thinks and upgrade is in order. Not only will this game scare the crap outta peole it'll make most gaming rigs cry like little girls :) (no insult intended)

From what i can gather this leak is optimised towards ATI, but still devours ram. Obviously final, or even Beta code will run more optimised than this on both ATI and nVidia cards. It'll all be fine in the end :D

I deleted all the configs and made my own.
But that is cos I am l33t.
Also noitced that the 2nd and 3rd demos are missing from the leaked package... so you have to test em for yourselves.

yeh but is there actually a PLAYABLE demo, cause all i have found so far is the E3 demo

i looked at the runact.cfg file and the devmap thing was already changed

map e3/e3_1
map e3/e3_2
map e3/e3_3
map fred/e3bathroom5

from the console ???

bathroom5 is lame really..

when you run 3 and the pinky dissapears tound hte side (followed it with my flashlight and it was really gone)
then I went to look in the mirror
and it jumped out of nowhere.. this game is gonna be scary.

I got Doom to work...speechless, absolutely speechless. The game works smoothly on my machine (well most of the time) at 640*860 (?) with medium settings. This looks as good if not better than my Q3 settings which are 1280*1024 everything on max inc 32bit.

Now when Q3 came out we were seeing similar to what we have now i terms of the game giving computers a good hiding. Look at what hardware we have gained since then (3 years). If the improvement is the same for the next 3 years then im already looking forward to seeing it.

I agree. There will surely be some jumping up and down in your chair, and some shockers. Like say what happens when a really loud unexpected noise comes in the cinema.

BTW do you know that's not healthy for you? When you get scared like that ? :p ( Nah; I'm actually serious )

Oh yeah and how do I view the screen shots as they are all saved as .tga, what the hell is that?? Ive tried changing the format to .jpg but that doesnt work either.

Well rumor has it that ATi leaked the Alpha and the head programmer ain't too happy about the leak and nor is Id software I would guess

Yup, tumours suggest it was ATI that leaked it, and from what people have said (50fps-ATI / 12fps-nVidia) it's pretty muchly optimised towards ATI Hardware.
Altho iD aren't exactly happy about the leak they've received nothing but possitive feedback about it, so that softens the blow a bit so to speak :)

A friend of mine jsut downloaded the D3 *sigh.. i have a snail crawling conn.* and it seems that it doesn't run well on a Athlon XP2100+, 512 DDR PC2100 and a GF4Ti 4400 but the graphics are superb.

I am currently {
| |
intrigue_alvin83@hotmail.com
| |
alvinauboonhock
}
=========================
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
Intel D850GB MOBO
256MB PC 800 RDRAM
20GB Maxtor HDD (5400 RPM)
40GB Maxtor HDD (7200 RPM)
52X Creative CDROM
8X4X32 Creative CDRW
16X ASUS DVD ROM
Iomega 100 MB USB Zip Drive
SYBA Ultra ATA IDE controller card
SB live 5.1 DE
Aging Gainward 64MB GF2MX400 --> | Upgrading to GF4 Ti4 series |
Altec Lansing ACS 56
Dlink D538TX NIC

=========================

Posted by SPeedY_B
Yup, tumours suggest it was ATI that leaked it, and from what people have said (50fps-ATI / 12fps-nVidia) it's pretty muchly optimised towards ATI Hardware.
Altho iD aren't exactly happy about the leak they've received nothing but possitive feedback about it, so that softens the blow a bit so to speak :)

True but as far as ATi the leak could back fire on them....and I see post where people with Nvidia cards were saying that they were getting the same as ATi cards.....I'm still wondering why in the world anybody would want to run in this case a game that is still in the alpha stage of development....As far as Nismo83 statement bout it not running well a lot of that is due to the fact the code is still not totally finished so I would wait for at least an official and/or the final product

I can't get past the spinning id logo (with the sweeping, creepy background sound). What do I do once I get to that screen?

map e3/intro

crashed it.

Also, I have no "lowquality.cfg" or "medquality.cfg". I can only run highquality. How do you get to lower quality?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back