Doom III alpha leak

Thane: click the mouse button.

Thats teh start of the loop.... when it was done at e3 it returned to that screen :)

this game looks so pretty.......

im so impressed with the job ID has done with the textures and models in this game

i havent bought a game in years, but i will definately be pre ordering this one

It killed my COMPUTER! how could anything make my GF4600VTD die :(

If the real DEMO runs well then I would buy it, but I don't like the engine, bring back HL I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

may you post some pictures?so we can see how good/bad your resolution is ( don't forget to mention your PC specs!)

www.k3v.com/doom3/ for screen in TGA and JPG form, will add more later.

I used the fix patch so it runs in 800x600 and lowquality.cfg too!

Still as soon as I shoot something it goes to like 5fps, jerky as hell and crashes at one point in map1.

What a load of Alpha release!

Koko; thanks! I solved my problem either way; not sure what it was but I repaired archive and extracted over; and now Doom exe files is there.

Speaking of; I was playing it right now; and WOW!

Performance isn't as bad as I thought it would be; plays nice actually I think.

My gig of ram is coming in handy; I heard the alpha gobbles ram :p

I have it running pretty decently.... too bad I can't invert my mouse though.

Anyone had any luck finding out how to invert that mouse Y axis?

Posted by Oik
I hear ya Nick M, I like my gig of ram too.

CPU speed is needed too though; I don't think I need to upgrade my RAM anytime soon; but the CPU; XP 1900 is another story. Going to wait for the XP2800 to come out; then will get that.

BTW Oik; Welcome to Xp-erience! Looks like this is your second post; I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

lol and you also; WAZ :p

Thx EP. worked like a charm.
On a different note, I find it amusing that my fps counter stops at 666 in the load screens.

"i was pulling 20fps just walking around, but only managed 3fps when shooting zombies (amd 1.2ghz tb, 1gb sdram, gf2 gts 64mb video card)."

hahaheae lol..... it's pretty much the same on my system -
AMD Athlon 900 mhz
128 mb sdram
GF3 TI500 (64 mb DDR)

but that's mainly cause of my ram... using xp too, i closed EVERYTHING so that my resources use up only 70 mb of ram, and when i ran doom 3 in window mode, it shot up to 320 mb... my system was about to explode...

i'm gonna try the performance fix (lower quality)

Will give you 10fps more when nothing is around, as soon as you shoot a zombie, it kills you fps no matter what machine. You need to be on a P4 2.8, 1Gb RAM and ATI 9700Pro to get above 20fps on normal encounters :p

Put it on 1024x768 and check out the first lift room your in and the detail is amazing. I like the shadowing :D most!

Teh bathroom scene at top res is amazing too... Just hope you guys understnad this is no way a representation of what will be in the final game!

I know yeah....

Wish they would add better quality Crosshairs, Q3A, SOF2, RTCW and now this, they all look the same, Need a nice sharp crosshair of a CS! :rolleyes:

CUMMULATIVE PATCH
Cummulative patch 1.1

Added fix to get flashlight working; key bound to f
Added bassies' menu code so menus now...well, still work

Cummulative patch 1.0.1

Single Player Menu Item now works
2 doom.exe binaries. 1 with intro and 1 without

At the end of each level, the next level is loaded
The door on e3_3 that the monster goes through is now closed and opens when you get close
Sound throughout the whole intro works
reload key is mapped to r
F12 key is bound to add all working weapons
After using F12, all ammo is given

ANYONE GET THIS YET?
BB

Yeah I have, that is why I left the link in previous post. Makes little difference to your experience. Although you go get Plasma Rifle, Rocket Launcher and a Gauntlet from Q3A......how sad :eek:

Still using the lowquality settings it runs worse than "Hang on" on the old SEGA Master System Mk1.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back