Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

Originally posted by sdibias
Every religion you just named in your prior post accepts Jesus as there Messiah. They are all Christian faiths...

your religion teaches you this?

no, not so.

First, I only mentioned two other religions, and of course, Judaism is hardly a Christian faith.

One I don't know enough about, but the Jewish religion does in no fashion whatsoever think that Jesus is a messiah of any sort...sorry

you can hardly speak on behalf of what other religions believe Jesus is...most religions believe he is one of the other options you provide

certainly not the messiah for most religions,

Originally posted by dealer

the Sabbath is not celebrated on saturday...as it was from his teaching

http://www.reformed.com/pub/sabbath2.htm

The last supper Jesus celebrating the passover, or didn't you know that?...christianity doesn't even celebrate this holiday that Jesus celebrated unabashedly
[/B]

Keeping the Jewish tradition, our Lord Jesus sat down with his apostles at the "last supper" actually to partake of the Passover. At the end of the meal, Jesus took a piece of unleavened bread and the cup of wine left over after the meal. "And he took the cup and gave thanks, and said, take this, and divide it among yourselves...And he took bread and gave thanks and brake it and gave unto them saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me" (Luke 22:17-20).

For the disciples, it was difficult to comprehend that Jesus was the fulfillment of the Passover sacrifice. They heard but did not understand that the unleavened bread represented Jesus' body and the wine his blood. Hours later Jesus was to sacrifice that life on the cross and become that slain Lamb. As often as his disciples had celebrated the yearly Passover, Jesus now asked them to observe a new celebration to take its place.

This is why we don't celebrate passover. Easter is what we now celebrate...

You're right I have never heard of it :)

Originally posted by dealer
your religion teaches you this?

no, not so.

First, I only mentioned two other religions, and of course, Judaism is hardly a Christian faith.

One I don't know enough about, but the Jewish religion does in no fashion whatsoever think that Jesus is a messiah of any sort...sorry

you can hardly speak on behalf of what other religions believe Jesus is...most religions believe he is one of the other options you provide

certainly not the messiah for most religions,

Forgive me... I confused you with Benny:

Originally posted by Benny

Whose bible should i read? Catholic? Protestant? Orthodox? Armenian Orthodox? Greek Orthodox?

my bad...

uh?

am i missing a part of Judaism ?

my teacher will be damn mad, and after i passed my "theology" exam.

sarcasm ^

Originally posted by Benny
uh?

am i missing a part of Judaism ?

my teacher will be damn mad, and after i passed my "theology" exam.

sarcasm ^

I was quoting your earlier post which I thought was dealers...

Originally posted by sdibias
Forgive me... I confused you with Benny:

cool

as far as your other links, these are not the teachings of other religions.

other religions believe that the Christian version of these events is revisionist.

and so, as everyone must finally agree.

God will decide on his own behalf

No religion will make rules for him

and if god wants a non Muslim to be saved..god can do this...do you doubt his power to do this?

and if god wants a non Christian to be saved, god can do this...do you doubt gods power to do this?

and if god wants a non Jew to be saved...god can do this...do you doubt gods poser to do this?

god will do what god wants to do...he is not bound by the rules of you, your religion, or any religion.

ok...hopefully nobody calls me back here again, for I really want to be out of this dialougue...too many people speaking on gods behalf...(me included)

as if

I hear you man... We all have our own beleifs. I'm getting out of this thread as well, it's never ending ;)

Only God can judge, that is the truth...

Yes i'm christian/catolic. I belive in God, and all good people are going to Heaven of course and all really bad people go to hell. I believe in God and i'm going to Heaven. :)

Man... I like this thread. It is one of the more interesting general topic threads here. :happy: Very educational in respect to the multitude of veiws that everyone has. Some, more passionate than others. To that, have we come to ANY conclusions???

Some believe there is a God

Some do not believe there is a God

Some say if you are not of a particular religion, you will go to Hell

Some say that orginized religion is the downfall cristianity (very good point)

Some don't really care one way or the other

Some try to preach their form or view of religion to us

Some say it is all a point of view by using free will

Some say maybe this God is nothing more that a being from somewhere else

Some say it was all made up to keep people in line

....Conclusion?

It's all up to you, you are the master of your own mind and the beliefs you have. Live your life and be happy with the way you live it. Be kind to people and the kindness is usually returned in kind. Maybe Heaven and Hell is what we create in our own minds. They say that God created us in his likeness... Maybe we created God in our own likeness. Believe what you will but be content and not scornful of others for their beliefs.

We live we die... in the end we will all find out for ourselves.

unless we really do just die with no after-life then you wont even know lol

heh, hope we ain't started spamming again.

Jewelzz, saying bleh was a useless post! ;)

It wasn't a useless post. I hadn't voiced my opinion on this subject or thread and suddenly had the urge to. Bleh, are my feeling on this subject and thread.

My dad knows this Priest. He is very, very strong in faith. He is a christian but even he says that Islam is the one true religion!

Originally posted by gonaads

Some say if you are not of a particular religion, you will go to Hell

Some try to preach their form or view of religion to us

heh, I bet you are talking about me!

Originally posted by Jewelzz
It wasn't a useless post. I hadn't voiced my opinion on this subject or thread and suddenly had the urge to. Bleh, are my feeling on this subject and thread.

What does 'Bleh' mean?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back