Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

If the Word of God is true, Christianity is the only way to achieve eternal life. Accepting Jesus as your personal savior is the only way to obtain salvation. It may not be politically correct to say this, but if Jesus is truly the Son of God, then neither Islam, nor Buddism, nor Hinduism, nor any other faith can redeem your eternal soul.

In John 14:6, Jesus made it very clear that He is the only mediator who can span the sin-rift that exists between God and man: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Originally posted by ZAnwar
When the scriptures that came down from God (and I mean Allah) were completed to form the Quran. Prophet Mohammad's best friend copied them out for the world to see!

see?...a man...as usual, and as always.

thanx for bringing home the example I needed for my point to be clear zanwar...well done

thanx again

In John 14:6, Jesus made it very clear that He is the only mediator who can span the sin-rift that exists between God.[/B]

the god of Jesus made it chrystal clear long before Jesus was born that he is insulted by any notion that he needs or will ever accept a mediator...

god decides on his own behalf...

The god of Jesus claims to be king of kings, the god of Jesus claims to mediate on his on behalf...THERE IS NO MEDIATOR that can mediate on gods behalf.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Organized religion is the downfall of Christianity. :confused:

agreed, and the downfall of all other religions as well.

Xsivforce, you've put into one sentence what I've tried to say with too many posts.

I'm out of this one

thanx for the exit sign

Originally posted by dealer
agreed, and the downfall of all other religions as well.

Xsivforce, you've put into one sentence what I've tried to say with too many posts.

I'm out of this one

thanx for the exit sign

No problem buddy. ;)

Originally posted by Benny
btw, lets stop spamming this thread b4 something bad happens ;)

OOOPS... Tooooo Late.

I was just thinking of that...yes...um...back on topic...

Amen.

the god of Jesus made it chrystal clear long before Jesus was born that he is insulted by any notion that he needs or will ever accept a mediator...

god decides on his own behalf...

The god of Jesus claims to be king of kings, the god of Jesus claims to mediate on his on behalf...THERE IS NO MEDIATOR that can mediate on gods behalf.

Umm... Jesus is God... Read the Bible...

Originally posted by xsivforce
Organized religion is the downfall of Christianity. :confused:

So unorganized religion would be the uprising of Christianity? What are you talking about? Was organized crime the downfall of the Mafia? For the record:

Religion is Man made...

Christianity is God's way...

Originally posted by sdibias

Whose bible should i read? Catholic? Protestant? Orthodox? Armenian Orthodox? Greek Orthodox?

ok...calling me back in here I guess

ummm Jesus prayed to god...read the bible

oh... maybe he was talking to himself...hehe...god talks to himself ...hehe

lots of people do this

so, if your god is Jesus, this is fine...you can pray to this Jesus god

but the god that Jesus prayed to...this is the guy I want to pray to.

you know...this Jesus guy was pretty darned smart...I think I'll do what he did...I'll pray to the same guy he prayed to..if you think he was praying to himself, then when that's fine...but I will follow in Jesus footprints, and I will pray to the father...I will not pray to the son

Originally posted by Benny
Whose bible should i read? Catholic? Protestant? Orthodox? Armenian Orthodox? Greek Orthodox?

Well they all believe that Jesus was the Messiah...

Christianity has remained remarkably consistent on the central beliefs that define the faith: the divinity of Christ, his sacrificial death for our sins, and the need for repentance and faith to enter into a right relationship with God. That is the heart of the Gospel, and it has never changed. Sure, some people have called even those basic beliefs into question, but in doing so they have placed themselves outside the Christian faith. So while there are some minor differences they pretty much all say the same thing.

So it is probably impossible to find one group or denomination that is right about everything, but we can all be right about what matters most.

Are you ready to be right about what matters the most?

Well they all believe that Jesus was the Messiah...

Christianity has remained remarkably consistent on the central beliefs that define the faith

no, they all do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

all religions believe they have remained consistant...

Christianity is remarkable in that it has been more inconsistent then most religions.

Christmas is not celebrated on Christs birthday..as it was from his teaching

the Sabbath is not celebrated on saturday...as it was from his teaching

for a generation after Jesus death, Christianity continued in Jesus Rabbinical teaching, and to follow Jesus teaching, is to follow the laws of Abraham...no longer so.

The last supper Jesus celebrating the passover, or didn't you know that?...christianity doesn't even celebrate this holiday that Jesus celebrated unabashedly

all later changed...way after he died

ok...calling me back in here I guess

ummm Jesus prayed to god...read the bible

oh... maybe he was talking to himself...hehe...god talks to himself ...hehe

lots of people do this

so, if your god is Jesus, this is fine...you can pray to this Jesus god

but the god that Jesus prayed to...this is the guy I want to pray to.

you know...this Jesus guy was pretty darned smart...I think I'll do what he did...I'll pray to the same guy he prayed to..if you think he was praying to himself, then when that's fine...but I will follow in Jesus footprints, and I will pray to the father...I will not pray to the son

There are only four options for the identity of Jesus Christ. He is either a legend, a liar, a lunatic or He is Lord and God. There is little likelihood that Jesus's claims are legend. There just wasn't enough time for any legendary development of the story to replace what really happened. Also, if the claims Jesus made for Himself are legendary, the early Jewish opponents of Christianity would surely have charged that these claims never happened. Unlike modern skeptics, the rabbis apparently never denied that Jesus made such claims for Himself. Instead, they called Him a liar.

Jesus thought of Himself as divine. According to the various gospel accounts, Jesus believed He had the power to perform miracles and the power to forgive sins. He even claimed, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30)

Since Jesus claimed to be God, His claims are either true or false. If false, He must have been a liar, deliberately misleading the multitudes. Or, He was a lunatic, sincerely believing Himself to be God, when in reality He was just a man.

Jesus' moral character and His willingness to die for His claim to be God have convinced most people that Jesus was not lying. Jesus' humility and unselfish love, His intelligent communication with the crowds, and His amazing self control and composure amidst the tremendous physical and emotional stress fo His betrayal and crucifixion, all point to His contact with reality. Jesus was no lunatic.

Since the evidence shows that He is neither a liar nor a lunatic, then the only other alternative left is that His claim is true. Jesus is Lord and God. And that conclusion is further supported by the remarkable evidence that Jesus rose physically from the grave.

I accept Jesus as the Messiah...

no, they all do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah.

Every religion [edit]Benny[/edit] just named in his prior post accepts Jesus as there Messiah. They are all Christian faiths...

There are only four options for the identity of Jesus Christ. He is either a legend, a liar, a lunatic or He is Lord and God.

I accept Jesus as the Messiah...

you can have your pick of these options...this is fine.

other religions will obviously choose one of the other options you provide...this is fine too.

and I understand that you accept Jesus as the Messiah. (Messiah means messenger)

this is fine for you again.

But understand, other religions believe that god is is no messenger.

most religions consider it a slap in gods face to call him a mere messenger...not so with your religion...and again, this is fine for you.

you can pray to the messenger if you want to...others, including Jesus himself, want to pray to the guy that gives the message, not the messanger.

and finally, it of course is not up to you or your religion to decide for god who is saved, and who is not.

god will decide for himself...do you challenge gods ability to do so?

of course not

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back