Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

But there are sooo many parallels within all Mass Religions that it's hard not to think or argue that they all may have begun from one. Hmmmmmm :confused:

Or... what about this. A being comes down from... where ever, and shows itself to the masses at different places in the world at different times in religious histroy and creates a following. It/he/she looks like any other person of that area and period and speaks like them also. They grow into Religious Orders/Sects and so on.

Now can this be soooo far feched???

Think about it... A God is not Human now it it. They are above Humans. Sooooo Maybe they are/ were from somewhere else.

Let's see, Moses was carried away on a flaming charriot of some kind as it has been written. A flamming Charriot???

And probably other simmilar things in other Religions have/has been written.

I am a Christian by birth and baptism. I can not say I have lived a very Christian life, but I do beleive in God. I do not believe in religion but I do beleive in Christianity...

I usually try and stay out of discussions like this because it always creates some kind of flame war. You can NOT change anyones opinion on the subject of religion or God, and I respect the opinions of those who live under different opinions.

I can tell you this, the Rapture is not far...

We don't want to change anyone's opinions... we want to know their opinions. And yours too. :happy:

Originally posted by sdibias
I can tell you this, the Rapture is not far...

Yeah, I know... I'm going to Hell. :eek: :happy:

Originally posted by Nick M
I believe that is shallow. What if you have good Buddist friends, good Hindu friends, Good Christian friends, good tribal friends, good atheist friends, and maybe some of them you're going to love...what's the point if they are all going to hell anyway?

Or is that a limitation then, only to have close friends that follow your religion?

I don't approve of that.

I'm non-Muslim, and I develop a cure for AIDS/HIV, that is efficent, no or little side effects, and everyone can get it! Hell, I give it out to the third would countries, and save millions of people.

Oh and I'm still going to hell...guess my life isn't worth it then, nothing I do matters.

Thats the point, we muslims ain't allowed to be friends with non-muslims!

Originally posted by gonaads
Small problem with that... What if the Rich man was god and kind and thoughtful to all people but he just didn't pray??? And the poverty riddened man was bad, had anger toward everyone, did bad things to people maybe even evil things even though he prayed. Do you think a man such as that poverty stricken man should go to Heaven? :huh:

Now don't say that a man that prays every day would not do such things because they do. And doing bad is BAD plain and simple. And no amount of praying is going to take away doing bad or evil things.

If these people are muslims, they will definetely go to heaven. BUT they will stay in hell first for the time they did bad things on Earth.

Originally posted by ZAnwar
If these people are muslims, they will definetely go to heaven. BUT they will stay in hell first for the time they did bad things on Earth.

ah

zanwar is showing us how his religion thinks it can make decisions for god again.

such insecure religions, these that promise the good life by virtue of accepting the religion

the scary part is that there are people that fall for this...these people think they are imune to the wrath of god..hehehe...because they believe in him.

religions speaking on gods behalf...what a joke

you see...some religions are so desperate for constituants, they need to make these promises, and threats

and so, once again...if their is a god, he is not so weak...he will surely make these decisions on his own behalf...not by virtue of believing in him

do not forget;

if there is a god...

then god is god....

not you....

and not your religion...

and god will decide....

not you...

and not your religion...

Originally posted by dealer
ah

zanwar is showing us how his religion thinks it can make decisions for god again.

such insecure religions, these that promise the good life by virtue of accepting the religion

the scary part is that there are people that fall for this...these people think they are imune to the wrath of god..hehehe...because they believe in him.

religions speaking on gods behalf...what a joke

you see...some religions are so desperate for constituants, they need to make these promises, and threats

and so, once again...if their is a god, he is not so weak...he will surely make these decisions on his own behalf...not by virtue of believing in him

do not forget;

if there is a god...

then god is god....

not you....

and not your religion...

and god will decide....

not you...

and not your religion...

Look dealer, I am not making decision for Allah. It states in the 4 holy books what will happen. I am going by what it says in the Bible, the one I can't remember, the torah and the Quran. In all these holy books, it states that this is what will happen, and this is the word of God!

ok zanwar...I understand...

and I understand.

but again, no religion,

and no book

can speak on gods behalf

of course, all these books claim to be the words of god.

the proof is in the pudding though

if there is a god, there are no rules in books that bind him

he if course is god

if there is a god, nothing binds god...if books bound god, or religion, or the word of what people say what god said...

then god becomes a servant.

if we are talking about a true god...he cannot be a servant, can he.

this is obvious.

and no

the torah makes no claim as to who goes to heaven.

accept for the claim that no mattter what your heritage, good people go, god willing

and the claim that no matter what your heritage evil people don't go, god willing

and zanwar

the word of god, is the word of god.

not what you might think, or religion tells you what is written in books.

all religions lay claim to writtings of god.

no matter what the book.

god is not so weak, that he cannot speak on his own.

no matter where it is written....writtings can still be the work of the counter to god...

the counter to god has fooled many men...many religions

on his own, and in writings that claim to be the hand of god

and zanwar

the word of god, is the word of god.

not what you might think, or religion tells you what is written in books...this is NOT the word of god...these are the writtings of men, men who claim they can tell you what god wants...hehe...men who claim god came to them in a "vision", (another word for hallucination)

all religions lay claim to writtings of god.

no matter what the book, god is not so weak, that he cannot speak on his own.

no matter where it is written.... still it can be the work of the counter to god.

the counter to god has fooled many men.

on his own, and in writings that claim to be the hand of god, the counter to god as fooled many men...(he's a shrewdy that one...he fools people into thinking that just believing in particular religion will save them from the wrath of god...and there are people that fall for this)

You are mistaken, we talk to Allah (not because were are mad), we talk to him through our 5 daily prayers.

Everybody who is a non-muslim or non-believer will go to hell, that is the end!

if there is a god;

of course you talk to god

if there is a god, then god can hear you,

he is not so weak as to not be able to hear you...unless he is not god

if there is god god will listen to every man that talks to him...he is that powerfull...this is what makes him god...this feat is nothing to the idea of god

if you don't think he can listen to whoever he wants to, and if you think your religion will dictate to him who he listens to and who god won't, well, you have a servant.

and if there is a god, god is servant to no religion, and no man...

god, if there is a god

makes his own decisions, and there is nothing you zanwar, and nothing your religion can do STOP GOD FROM MAKING HIS OWN DECISIONS..

nothing you've read, or has ever been written can change this.

you can say "and that is that"

but god can dissagree with you if he wants to

and that is that

Zanwar we are trying to keep this thread open...

realise that we appreciate your input... all the posts... BUT you have to refrain from posting stuff like you have... when the thread was reopened... gonaads and myself did try and make it clear what we wanted to avoid...

they can be construed as inflamatory... it is obvious you have a belief and you will stick to it... like I have as well... all the more power to you... but PLEASE try not to make everyone else here seem like they are beneath you... it does not come across well...

and dealer :)

relax m8... :) we shall introduce you to the edit button yet :)

people :) lets TRY and keep this thread open... :) if you have a post that may be considered highly inflamatory... consider using a pm :)

read the thread starters ORIGINAL post which I reposted a page or two ago... and try and stay within those guidelines...

I have been looking over this thread... the question was 'Do you believe in God? Anything after death?' not who is going to hell or who isnt or my god say this and my god says that. State your belief is fine. Condeming people for a different belef will not be tolerated.
Get this thread back on topic. If you have posted here and wish to review other people posts thats fine. If you want to comment on other peoples beliefs or their choices, you need to stop. This thread is controversal to begin with. Respect someones elses beliefs by NOT commenting on them. Those who violate this will be subject to a guideline violation.
Flaming - will not be tolerated, while we try to allow people to voice their opinions we do not want to see posts that offend other forum members.
[ Forum Guidelines ]
Get along now or get out !!

Originally posted by gonaads
But there are sooo many parallels within all Mass Religions that it's hard not to think or argue that they all may have begun from one. Hmmmmmm :confused:

Or... what about this. A being comes down from... where ever, and shows itself to the masses at different places in the world at different times in religious histroy and creates a following. It/he/she looks like any other person of that area and period and speaks like them also. They grow into Religious Orders/Sects and so on.

Now can this be soooo far feched???

Think about it... A God is not Human now it it. They are above Humans. Sooooo Maybe they are/ were from somewhere else.

Let's see, Moses was carried away on a flaming charriot of some kind as it has been written. A flamming Charriot???

And probably other simmilar things in other Religions have/has been written.

sounds a bit like the Raelians (?sp) or whatever sect it is that claims to have cloned a baby (Eve)... they believe in this to an extent and it does appear to be a feasible hypothesis along the lines of the primordial soup/god creating life... it would be right up there ie... an alien experiment introducing life to a barren rock @ the time.. and over a few million years it evlved into all things that are seen now and many that will likely never be seen again...

Originally posted by Sazar
Zanwar we are trying to keep this thread open...

realise that we appreciate your input... all the posts... BUT you have to refrain from posting stuff like you have... when the thread was reopened... gonaads and myself did try and make it clear what we wanted to avoid...

they can be construed as inflamatory... it is obvious you have a belief and you will stick to it... like I have as well... all the more power to you... but PLEASE try not to make everyone else here seem like they are beneath you... it does not come across well...

and dealer :)

relax m8... :) we shall introduce you to the edit button yet :)

people :) lets TRY and keep this thread open... :) if you have a post that may be considered highly inflamatory... consider using a pm :)

read the thread starters ORIGINAL post which I reposted a page or two ago... and try and stay within those guidelines...

Ok, I agree, sorry for offending anyone!

Ok, I agree, sorry for offending anyone!

not a problem :)

like I said and I hope others agree too... we are trying to get feedback and keep this interesting.. IMO and that of many others this is a good thread and is different purely because of its subject matter and the various possible paths we as people can choose :)

if we keep it civil more people will post and more opinions will be expressed... please don't take it as a personal attack on you Zanwar... :)

thanks btw :cool:

Originally posted by Sazar
not a problem :)

like I said and I hope others agree too... we are trying to get feedback and keep this interesting.. IMO and that of many others this is a good thread and is different purely because of its subject matter and the various possible paths we as people can choose :)

if we keep it civil more people will post and more opinions will be expressed... please don't take it as a personal attack on you Zanwar... :)

thanks btw :cool:

I believe that none of the major religions accurately portray the true nature of god should one exist. From the evidence I have seen if god exists then he has no interest in us whatsoever.

This may already have been said but where was god during: (for example)

The Crusades.
The Spanish Inquisition.
WWI, 1914-1918.
WWII, 1939-1945.
The Holocaust 1933-1945.
The Suez Crisis.
The Cold War.
The Iran-Iraq war.
The last few months while this world slides inevitably toward war (again)?
And every Natural disaster that ever occurred…

What was gods thought behind creating the Malaria parasite or the HIV virus?

I believe that if a god exists then it created this universe as an experiment and may or may not come back at the end to see how it went.

Religion

On the other hand - religion, which in some respects is an almost entirely separate issue has a great deal to answer for. More precisely the people who control world religion do so with great mis-representation to the original texts of their faiths.

Most mainstream religions developed at a time when humanity was evolving into the civilizations we live in today. At this time humanities understanding of the physical world around them was very limited and some of the things we take for granted today were simply supernatural to people 2000 or so years ago.

In order to understand these issues and maintain a stable society mainstream religions developed and were very useful to us. By this I include all world religions. Religion was in short a manual for the living of life and provided us with moral guidance, practical advice on living life and the first true system of justice. As we already know most of these religions deliver the same concepts and in some cases share similar events and characters.

For example:

Why is it forbidden by some religions to eat Pork? A simple answer would be that in a hot climate Pork decays very quickly (more so than Beef and other meats) and that many parasites common to Pigs can also cause severe harm to humans. Common sense about food hygiene was incorporated into a form that humanity at the time could understand and abide by.

The ten commandments include basic advice about the concepts of ownership and of proper behaviour towards other people etc… Good advice.

Failure to Modernise

I believe that part of the problem lies with the failure of these religions failure to adapt to modern society.

An example of this is contraception, why is this deterred by a major religion? As our global population passes 5 billion this policy serves no useful purpose and also does great dis-service to the HIV infested populations of Africa.

The rest of the blame lies at the feet of those in charge of religion today. They have done nothing to modernise religion and in some respects have kept it in the dark ages for the benefit of what? Presumably their own wishes to maintain power over their respective peoples…

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back