Xbox problem

mooo

thecyberninja
My gf brother got an xbox from a friend. then he gave it to me because he couldn't get it to work.
The problem is, i can press power/eject and the xbox doesn't boot. It makes a small little beep and you hear the drive sound like its powering up but that is all.. Any idea on what could be wrong? The case has not been opened so i know that isn't the problem. Although i am not sure if someone tried to softmod but i was thinking that if that were the case it would atleast try to turn on.

vern

Dominus
Political Access
Almost sounds like fragging ... but that would only happen if there was an attempt to mod it. I don't know if soft-modding would do it, but I know I've run into it while modding my xbox.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
What colors does the light blink? Does it even blink?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Check out the bottom, has any attempt been made to open it?

mooo

thecyberninja
i got it working. Used an old powersupply and it worked like new. Got another one from some dude from some other forum, and the kid lied saying it works just the dvd drive was bad, turned out i guess he took the front off and unplugged the cable from the power button to the motherboard and yea.. fix that so i got 2 xboxes for $25 :)

Kush

High On Life!
haha send me one, i want one for my room in college next year

mooo

thecyberninja
na it wasn't modded. Just some newb i guess trying to mess around. Glad i had modded and case modded my old one so i knew somewhat to expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larry Chris