• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WMA to MP3 in Winamp

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
As netrider said. You need a wma codec for dbpoweramp to convert the file. DBPoweramp can pretty much convert anything ...

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Ok, great it worked pretty good. Except that it came up and said " this file is encrypted and DMC can not decode". This happened for half of the songs I choose to convert. What does this mean, how can I change this?

2 possible solutions present themselves:

1. Burn the wma file to CD using Windows Media Player and re-rip as MP3
2. Play wma with Windows Media Player and use dMC Auxiliary Input to 'record' the track as it is being played.

It gets around the encryption.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
What that means is that DMC was trying to work an couldn't .. I would check their forum to see what is wrong. I have'nt used it in a while ...

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I have fixed all of them except one album. Which is because I don't have that cd anymore. How can I fix this one.

Kush

High On Life!
Johnny said:
cdex do wma conversion ?? I think not ..
yes it does, i have done it many times, u go to convert and then click on Re-encode Compressed Audio Files, then u point it in the location of the wma's and highlight the ones you want and then hit convert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown