WMA to MP3 in Winamp

N

Not Bman

I was wondering how I convert files in Wimamp? I need to convert some WMA to MP3 format..??

Yeah, Bman I scoured plugins for ya and couldn't find jack. Another freeware proggie should do it though, with relative ease.

dbPowerAmp didnt work, it cant convert W.M.A to MP3, only WAV and such...

As netrider said. You need a wma codec for dbpoweramp to convert the file. DBPoweramp can pretty much convert anything ...

Ok, great it worked pretty good. Except that it came up and said " this file is encrypted and DMC can not decode". This happened for half of the songs I choose to convert. What does this mean, how can I change this?

2 possible solutions present themselves:

1. Burn the wma file to CD using Windows Media Player and re-rip as MP3
2. Play wma with Windows Media Player and use dMC Auxiliary Input to 'record' the track as it is being played.

It gets around the encryption.

What that means is that DMC was trying to work an couldn't .. I would check their forum to see what is wrong. I have'nt used it in a while ...

cdex do wma conversion ?? I think not ..

I have fixed all of them except one album. Which is because I don't have that cd anymore. How can I fix this one.

Johnny said:
cdex do wma conversion ?? I think not ..
yes it does, i have done it many times, u go to convert and then click on Re-encode Compressed Audio Files, then u point it in the location of the wma's and highlight the ones you want and then hit convert

Burn the wma file to CD using Windows Media Player and re-rip as MP3 - works everytime I've had to do it.

Isn't he gonna lose quality no matter what converting to MP3? No loss burning to CD. I guess if it's ripped onto a low mp3 bitrate...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back