Windows Vista Build 5342 Ultimate (EDW / March Refresh)

Looks like WSUS is getting ready for Vista, look what is over at bink :)

Khayman said:
i installed Avast, which semed to integrate with security center, but i appeared to cause a bunch of problems, programs wouldn't start etc. so i uninstalled it. using nothing atm

I had exact same issue with Avast home. Frustrating. I also had a confict after installing CCleaner. Kept getting an error pop up after starting up other programs from CCleaner. Trying to figure out settings on the RSS sidebar as well as the picture program. And can you believe it, STILL have conflicts trying to install Audigy 2 drivers. I got Kx to install and work however on this build. They wouldn't go before.

kcnychief said:
Gosh Darnit.

Something happened to my download, as I only have a 4KB file in the folder it downloaded to :s

What files am I supposed to have?
did you download it via firefox? cause it actualy downloads a file which is supposed to be opened by microsoft file transfer programme, so if you have it installed click open instead of save in FF or use IE (at least for the first time to get the program).

The actual file will be an ISO in a directory off where the download location was

Anyone have problems deleting files? I'm having a hell of a time deleting a few files. Via Network says access is denied as they are locked or in use (I have permission since I deleted a few similiar files). And thru vista it doesnt seem to do anything but bring up the usual delete dialogs yet nothing happens. I tried rebooting to no avail.

I also cant seem to get the firewall to allow file and print sharing, I can enable it but upon reboot its unchecked again.

I know its in Beta but I am fustrated that I'm tempted to reimage back to XP. Don't get me wrong Vista has alot of nice features Im not too fond of a few things (like the rearranging of every little thing, like the display properties).

I like familiarity and Vista breaks it, every version of windows had a similiar method to organizing it;s settings and such.

Those are my $0.02!

EDIT: Ok I managed to DEL em by going into the folder on Vista and DEL em that way, I couldn't delete em by trying to DEL the folders.

Last edited:
Am downloading again, here is a screenie of the two files being downloaded...

Attachments

• vista.JPG
    vista.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 175
Weird how on Connect it shows an .ISO - yet I get those two?

I think that was my problem, I must have closed the download last time before it was done. It said 100% but I think it was still thrashing :s

I believe it verifies it after. I did the same thing although all I had to do was relaunch the download and it finished.

Admiral Michael said:
10 days left to activate and I can't activate :s
From the announcements NG:
Activation - v.5342 - Activation for both X86 and X64 platforms is currently non-functional. We estimate this to be resolved by Friday at the latest.

Can't seem to get this to install within Virtual PC, it's not recognizing it as a valid .ISO.

Wondering if it doesn't support DVD images?

i just posted my info on the blog a couple of days ago :s hope i will still get nominated!

Well be prepared for SPAM! I've been getting quite a few emails, well more then normal (used to be none :p)

Question:

Does anyone know how to get Vista to display the shutdown prompt rather then having to click the >? I hate the way they are doing that, I found out that using the classic menu will do what Im asking but I like the XP style start menu.

I managed to install Vista 5342 on a laptop yesterday. I mounted it in Daemon Tools, copied all files to a folder and installed it from there.
Drivers for my wireless (intel 2100 3B) dont work, I downloaded the Vista Beta 1 drivers from the intel site and it hangs while installing the driver.
Other than that it seemed to work smoothly, even though the laptop had a rating of 1 ! :D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back