Windows Vista Build 5342 Ultimate (EDW / March Refresh)

Just got done installing the x86 build on my laptop. Smooth-sailing so far.
The new sample wallpapers are beautiful. :)

I had a problem on my last try at this build with my Radeon 320 Mobile graphics.

I think once all of the bugs are worked out, and drivers are available, yes. Some features are pointless for a work machine though.

ShepsCrook said:
I think once all of the bugs are worked out, and drivers are available, yes.

I think that would push it out of beta :p

Grandmaster said:
Would you guys use this on a work machine?

I'm hesitant to do that, and am leaning against it at this point. Mostly due in fact to I can't be doing it every 1-2-3 months when a new build comes out. I'm putting together a beater box to run this though, perhaps I can setup a VPN for you to use it :D

As promised.

I am slowly getting used to Vista.

Attachments

• MyVista.JPG
    MyVista.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 164
I like that background - is that a city you know of?

Glad to hear you are getting used to Vista - just be careful what you delete :eek:

Just a quick side note for all the new people in the beta program - we all get access to a 180 day trial of Office 2003 Standard Edition and product keys (5 activations each key, 2 keys per person) to use while testing Vista on our systems. Check the Download and Product Keys sections when you're signed in to Connect. :)

It's basically so that you don't have to install your actual copy and activate it each time you install a new build.

NetRyder said:
Just a quick side note for all the new people in the beta program - we all get access to a 180 day trial of Office 2003 Standard Edition and product keys (5 activations each key, 2 keys per person) to use while testing Vista on our systems. Check the Download and Product Keys sections when you're signed in to Connect. :)

It's basically so that you don't have to install your actual copy and activate it each time you install a new build.
Nice one nets, i'll give it a whirl... not that i plan to use it for anything, i just like free stuff.

Any good things to do with Vista? i've been playing with things, bored now :)

Last edited:
i installed Avast, which semed to integrate with security center, but i appeared to cause a bunch of problems, programs wouldn't start etc. so i uninstalled it. using nothing atm

I'm not using any AV programs at the moment. I had a problem with Avast as well. Right now, my biggest issue is my Radeon Mobile 320 graphics on my laptop won't use the previous versions drivers. So my graphics are 4bit.

I am sorry but i am new at this

can anyone give me the link for downloading it if its not against forum rules

Its only available to TAP customers and technical testers at the moment, a public beta should be available in May.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back