Windows Vista Beta 2 Public Download Now Available

Nice, is that for all betas? It should be a real release by then right?
You'd hope so, but Vista was originally supposed to come out in 2005 ;)

You may have heard of DVD burners. ;) It's faster. :p (to burn and take home.)
But then I have to go to London via train, walk round to the right station to get the DLR, get off the DLR at the right stop, get into the Datacenter, copy the DVD iso to my laptop, come home, transfer the DVD to my desktop, burn the DVD, take the hard drives out of my desktop, put in a clean one I dont care about, convince Vista to boot....

If I can wait 18 hours for it to download to my FreeBSD server at home, then transfer it to my desktop at gigabit speeds, burn then go it will save me money and hassle :D

your activate windows icon is still in your taskbar :p

no it's not :p not to mention i've not posted any screenshots ;)

Anyone know of anyway that I can burn the 64bit version of it without a 64bit OS? Or am I dead in the water?

Anyone know of anyway that I can burn the 64bit version of it without a 64bit OS? Or am I dead in the water?

you should be fine, you just cant run it on 32bit processors

@Henyman: fair enough then, ming needs to activate then :p

It's an .ISO, don't see why you can't burn it to a DVD from within a 32-bit OS. Am I wrong?

Bah you are both Elite Members with Green names, that's about the only similarity I can see :D

Bah you are both Elite Members with Green names, that's about the only similarity I can see :D

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about whoever told Heny to activate his Windows.

It's an .ISO, don't see why you can't burn it to a DVD from within a 32-bit OS. Am I wrong?

Interesting, what happens is it will start to burn the file and about 3 seconds later it will stop. Odd thing is is that it does NOT turn the DVD into a coaster...any thoughts?

Yeah, my thought is that the burn process never gets off the ground :p

More seriously though, as I stated and Geffy/NR confirmed, and .ISO is an .ISO. The only difference being that you can't run it with a 32-bit CPU.

-edit- Also you got your .ISO via a torrent file, the integrity of the .ISO can be questionable.

Im using the download manager that Microsoft were offering on the download page and by hell this is downloading damn fast! I clicked off the window for a few seconds and then clicked back on it...30MB done already!!! :eek: Now its at 100MB! Thats like a minute gone by! WHOAH! 110! 120! Im going to get some beer for this. This is the fastest download I have ever seen! 130!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back