Windows Vista Beta 2 Public Download Now Available

installing now. woot.

they are.... i knew that.... just trying to do something... :)

can i use x86 key on x64? cant seem to sign up for x64 version and it's limited me to only 2 keys.

Now posting from Vista :)

dam you i'm still downloading after last night's download died overnight :p

I downloaded from a bittorrent site :)

Finally! One question . . . anyone seen a WinSAT score higher than 5?

Not sure if I'm thinking the same app, but apparently a few manufacturers were complaining that the upgrade advisor shows a score of 3 or 5 only when testing different configurations for Pcs.

err... I've downloaded -3% (yes, minus 3%) lol :p

Attachments

• Vista_beta1.JPG
    Vista_beta1.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 141
ok i downloaded it and burning it to disk as we speak, the links i provided are fast and stable, i was able to download at 329kps most of the time.

oh and henyman you know you need to activate your legit copy of windows haha

off-topic...

lancer, do you do that to the whole of penguin team? :p

The speed seems to either be maxed out at MS's end or throttled so they can cope :p

It was going to take me 16 minutes to get it, now its jumped to 45 :(

edit: yay, its jumped up to 3M/s again :D

The direct x64 links seem to be 13.7MB files? Anyone else get this?

Last edited:
The speed seems to either be maxed out at MS's end or throttled so they can cope :p

It was going to take me 16 minutes to get it, now its jumped to 45 :(

edit: yay, its jumped up to 3M/s again :D

man... had to get my ISP to cap me at 2mb connection to get a stable connection... otherwise uncapped I'd be downloading at 460-530KB/s instead of the now 280KB/s.

EDIT: yay.... I've done -104% which is 900mb out of 3.5GB. :dead:

Attachments

• Vista_beta2.JPG
    Vista_beta2.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 104
man... had to get my ISP to cap me at 2mb connection to get a stable connection... otherwise uncapped I'd be downloading at 460-530KB/s instead of the now 280KB/s.

This is just getting it to my server in London, still got to get it home (which at current time is over a 512kbps dsl line :( )

This is just getting it to my server in London, still got to get it home (which at current time is over a 512kbps dsl line :( )

You may have heard of DVD burners. ;) It's faster. :p (to burn and take home.)

What, silly IE....mine is going well, pretty happy..also how long does the beta last for?

Nice, is that for all betas? It should be a real release by then right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back