Windows Messenger vs MSN Messenger

S

skamaraju

I have upgraded my version of Windows Messenger bundled with XP to 4.7. Now there is MSN Messenger 6.0. What is the difference between the two. Should I go for MSN one rather than Windows one. Thanks for the information.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Msn Messenger just added games and cool looking icons and stuff like that. If you just use it to talk, then it dosent really matter, i stuck with Windows Messenger, but there pretty much the same, you can read about them at msn.ca.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
MSNM has adverts too (which can be removed..) but as bman™ says, it's basically just stuff that's not too important like games that are in MSNM but not Windows Messenger.

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Yes , my opinion is for going to MSN Messenger .. and here are some examples of stuff that really satisfied me :

• * simply cool changed interface
    * can change personal pics/background
    ( so I can finally put my face there :D )
    * very nice games ( lauch site )
    * simply better :)

:cool:

S

skamaraju

Another reason for going to MSN Messenger, I found recently, is I unable to do videochat with Windows Messenger on my XP Home edition. Can any one tell me why?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Happened to me also , in fact I was totally unable to use videochat with Windows Messenger ( maybe busy server or .. ) ... but with msn worked from the first

S

skamaraju

Hi,
Same thing happened to me. Even with MSN messenger, I am able to see video of my friend but he is unable to see mine. Can anyone tell me if I have to change any settings?
With Windows Messenger, no video at all, only voice chat on XP Home. Is it normal?

Sushil: It could be your ISP blocking the ports that Messenger is trying to use for voice/video.
I used to live in India (Bombay) before I moved to the U.S. two years ago, and I remember having this problem. I'm not sure if the same problem still exists now. You could try calling up VSNL (if that's your ISP), and ask them about it. :)

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Is there an alternative to messenger plus without its own adware?

nevermind. I discovered you can install plus without the sponsors..

Kush

High On Life!
umm u didnt pay attention. all u have to do during the installation is uncheck the checkmark that says install the extra software that helps them make money which is the spy ware:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut