Windows Messenger vs MSN Messenger

S

skamaraju

I have upgraded my version of Windows Messenger bundled with XP to 4.7. Now there is MSN Messenger 6.0. What is the difference between the two. Should I go for MSN one rather than Windows one. Thanks for the information.

Msn Messenger just added games and cool looking icons and stuff like that. If you just use it to talk, then it dosent really matter, i stuck with Windows Messenger, but there pretty much the same, you can read about them at msn.ca.

MSNM has adverts too (which can be removed..) but as bman™ says, it's basically just stuff that's not too important like games that are in MSNM but not Windows Messenger.

Yes , my opinion is for going to MSN Messenger .. and here are some examples of stuff that really satisfied me :

• * simply cool changed interface
    * can change personal pics/background
    ( so I can finally put my face there :D )
    * very nice games ( lauch site )
    * simply better :)

:cool:

Another reason for going to MSN Messenger, I found recently, is I unable to do videochat with Windows Messenger on my XP Home edition. Can any one tell me why?

Happened to me also , in fact I was totally unable to use videochat with Windows Messenger ( maybe busy server or .. ) ... but with msn worked from the first

Hi,
Same thing happened to me. Even with MSN messenger, I am able to see video of my friend but he is unable to see mine. Can anyone tell me if I have to change any settings?
With Windows Messenger, no video at all, only voice chat on XP Home. Is it normal?

If you're behind a non-UPnP router (like mine), you might need to enable DMZ in order for voice/video to work both ways.

Sushil: It could be your ISP blocking the ports that Messenger is trying to use for voice/video.
I used to live in India (Bombay) before I moved to the U.S. two years ago, and I remember having this problem. I'm not sure if the same problem still exists now. You could try calling up VSNL (if that's your ISP), and ask them about it. :)

May I ask where I can find the app which blocks the adds?

the only thing windows messenger has going for it is that you need it for remote assistance

Is there an alternative to messenger plus without its own adware?

nevermind. I discovered you can install plus without the sponsors..

umm u didnt pay attention. all u have to do during the installation is uncheck the checkmark that says install the extra software that helps them make money which is the spy ware:rolleyes:

opps didnt see that u wrote that u saw it sorry.

Originally posted by dpr
the only thing windows messenger has going for it is that you need it for remote assistance

... and Whiteboard (wonder if anyone has ever used that feature for anything useful :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back