Winamp songviewer thingy script

Glaanieboy said:
The foobar plugin you found needs another component to work with URLs, curl (see attached file).
Yeah, cool or kewl or whatever - thanks a bundle, as you may see it is working a treat (off to uninstall Winamp!)

Now why could you see that so quick and I was like fumbling around there? A real thankyou - if there's anything I can do for you sometime let me know...

It was in the help file (irc.chm) in the components directory. There they explained that you needed the curl app to submit URL's. Glad it works now! :D

Just a bump to let everyone know the Winamp Songviewer Project page has been visually updated. I say visually updated because I haven't made any significant changes to the PHP backend, so there may be a bug or two left.
http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer

edit: I created a testuser so you can play with it:
user: testuser
pass: pass

ummm yeah how do i add it to my sig? On the site isnt is suppose to tell u the name of the song at the top of the site?

TittleBitties said:
ummm yeah how do i add it to my sig? On the site isnt is suppose to tell u the name of the song at the top of the site?
I am not quite sure what you mean, but I assume the lack of a good tutorial has caused some problems on your side. You first need to register to have a custom sig and song/Project Dolphin information. If you don't want to register, and you are happy with the default (blue) color and text-lines, you don't need to register and place this line between tags in your sig:
[url]http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer/songviewer.php?user=[/url]

If however you have registered, use this line:
http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer/songviewer.php?user=<username>

You'll need an audio player that is capable of sending URL's. For Winamp, foobar and Windows Media Player are plugins available that can do just that. For example, Winamp uses the DoSomething plugin for this purpose. You'll need to configure the plugin in such a way that it sends out this URL on each song change: http://glaanieboy.dyndns.org/songviewer/update.php?user=<username>&pass=<password>&song=%%URL_CURRENTSONG%%

But, I will work immediately on a new tutorial for Winamp. Later on more tutorials for both foobar and Windows Media Player will be added. Just wait....

I'm not sure if this is wise, will go get more coffee after this post, but I do know Glaanie's server bit the dust (HD? I read about it somewhere anyway...) and so I thought I would gently bump this thread with that information - then people will not complain if it does not work for them maybe?

Oh and I don't think I'll PM - but Glaanie you may want to update your sig given the absence of the server. Hope you were OK for a backup image when you get the hardware fixed up ;)

YEah, thanks. I hate to drag up old threads, so I am glad you did it ;)
Anyway, here is the status:
Last Saturday, after a memory upgrade from SD-RAM to DDR-RAM, my server died after a couple of hours of running well. After having exhausted everything I know of hardware problems, I have brought it to a local computershop, hoping they could find out what's wrong. I should be called back today...
Don't worry, nothing is wrong with the files, everything is on the harddisk, which is fine. The server/site is down for at least a day, I am sorry for that.
I'll put up more news about the server when I receive it.

UPDATE:
Well, I called in last Friday, but they replied it took longer than two days for them to have a look at, dispite what they promised me. They called Saturday, but I was at work at the time, so I called today (Monday's closed due to holiday season) and they knew what was wrong! So I drove to the shop and they told me that most likely the northbridge chip is fried, due to a not-working northbridge cooling fan. I also had an explanation as to why it worked before (with the non-working cooling fan), because I had SD-RAM installed at the time. When I installed the DDR-RAM, it had to work a lot harder and it didn't get the cooling it needed, so it fried.
The costs for this were 20 euros, but I could get a 20 euro discount on a new motherboard. The cheapest one they had was some Gigabyte one and it costs 84 euros! Minus the 20 euros would be 60 euros, but that is still waaay to much. I asked if they sold any Asus boards, because the fried board was an Asus as well... 120 euros!!! And that was the basic model. I don't know any model names, but it is waaay to expensive.
In a quest on finding a new motherboard, I fired up the internet and I came by a shop called Computerland which had a sale of old motherboards, including an Asus A7M266 for 29 euros! New, but obselete, because non of the Athlon XP CPU's fit on that board, but that doesn't matter, since I have an AMD Thunderbird, which should fit fine. Shipping costs 11 euros, so that would be a total of 40 euros, which is a decent price.
The new mobo should arrive in a few days, so maybe this week, the server can be put online again!

New motherboard is installed and the server is up again. Thanks for the patience :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back