• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

win2k to xp

cpomd

OSNN Addict
Have added a second hand conputer running win2k via a crossover cable to my main machine running XPpro and can ping and share files successfully.IP addresses are 192.168.0.1 main machine and 192.168.0.2 win2k machine my problem is that i cannot get Iexplorer to work even with a proxy server running am i missing something? Tia mike

P

PseudoKiller

are both computers connected to the net?? are you using ICS?? why are you using the proxy settings in IE ... are you running a proxy server??

cpomd

OSNN Addict
response

only main machine connected to net via a broadband modem ics is running via modem on main machine. using proxy settings because automatically detect did not work.have tried freeproxy

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
You need to set the default gateway on the machine that does not have the internet connection to the ip of the machine that does.

cpomd

OSNN Addict
success

Already tried gateway IP. Have successfully applied SP4 and on the reboot iexplorer works OK. many thanks for your responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn