win2k to xp

cpomd

OSNN Addict
Have added a second hand conputer running win2k via a crossover cable to my main machine running XPpro and can ping and share files successfully.IP addresses are 192.168.0.1 main machine and 192.168.0.2 win2k machine my problem is that i cannot get Iexplorer to work even with a proxy server running am i missing something? Tia mike

are both computers connected to the net?? are you using ICS?? why are you using the proxy settings in IE ... are you running a proxy server??

response

only main machine connected to net via a broadband modem ics is running via modem on main machine. using proxy settings because automatically detect did not work.have tried freeproxy

You need to set the default gateway on the machine that does not have the internet connection to the ip of the machine that does.

success

Already tried gateway IP. Have successfully applied SP4 and on the reboot iexplorer works OK. many thanks for your responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back