What is the most popular screen resolution?

• Thread starter FrenchBerliner
  • Start date
F

FrenchBerliner

I designed my web site for 1024X768...but I was told that 50 % of the people are still using 800X600...is that true??
By the way here's my web site: WWW.FRENCHBERLINER.COM Take a look...:)

If 50% are using 800x600 then 50% are using something else. I'm using 1024x768 & ain't going back to 800x600. :)

I would say there are probably more people using 1024x768 than anything else.

I've seen people use that on 15" monitors too ... looks really tiny :p

Usually 1024x768 for me,:cool: except when I go on the web, then I switch to 1280x1024

I had the same question, when doing the company website graphics and layout. :)

So far no one uses 800x600 so I guess that sort of answers the question for you FrenchBerliner. :)

u people must have 20" viewable monitors to be running at that resolution, because setting it on that on a 17" or 19" or even smaller sized monitor is insane. no wonder some pc users have poor vision. geesh!

1400x1050 on a 14.1'' laptop here.

But note, people that hang out in such forums are not the once using 800x600. I know my parents use that resolution, my wife prefers it (although she is on 1024x768, now), and a lot of "older folks" use it, too. It really depends on which audience you want to reach.

I code my pages using a maximum width of 640, just to make sure!

EJ :cool:

Originally posted by mikill
u people must have 20" viewable monitors to be running at that resolution, because setting it on that on a 17" or 19" or even smaller sized monitor is insane. no wonder some pc users have poor vision. geesh!

Not true. Doing text or graphics on the pc, at high resolution you can choose your level of magnification easily. Why have huge buttons on the desktop that you know my heart after a few days working on the pc anyway. no point. I talk of experience at 1400x1050 on a 14.1'' laptop.

EJ

hey ej, would u like to see a screen shot of what it looks like on my monitor? pretty small and i know my eyes strain to see text and so on. so u wanna say not true? get real man

17" monitor @ 1280x1024 for the majority of my use, sometimes though, depending on what i am doing I will use 1600x1200

I have a 17" monitor & can see everythig I want to at a glance. No problem for me. I like things small, neat & tidy. Must have been all those carrots I ate. :)

i have a 21" and the things are kinda big tho but my dad uses 800x600 on his laptop i use 1024x768 on my laptop

17" Monitor here (same model as chrisuk...he copied meh :p ) Depending on what im doing, i'll switch between resolutions, but never below 1280x960. I'll switch up to 1600x1200 if i have a lot of apps open or im editing graphics and need a lot of space.

Originally posted by mikill
hey ej, would u like to see a screen shot of what it looks like on my monitor? pretty small and i know my eyes strain to see text and so on. so u wanna say not true? get real man

Here is my desktop attached. (ok, it might be boring, but that is not the point here). View the image at 100%, and tell me if this is too small!

Sorry, I can only attach 1024x768 images, so I guess you'll have to believe me. Oh, on a high resolution you can also use large fonts and pictures, so it appears VERY BIG! Have you ever tried a 1400x1050, mikill?

I use 1280x1024 on both my monitors most of the time... if I am lying in bed and watching tv on a monitor AND trying to read websites I may kick up the res to see text clearer (not all websites support text enlargement unfortunately plus its faster for me)

for games I play 1600x1200..

on my 15" monitor that I had previousl yI had it set to 1024x768... I work better with more desktop space...

normally for multitasking I pop things over to the secondary monitor... you would not believe how much more efficient that is than alt+tabbing all day long :)

unfortunately, the idiot masses are still using 800x600, so everything looks big and crappy.

i've designed my web site for 1024x768.

at home, i use only 1280x960.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back