The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

I have it setup on my phone, do a send/receive and nothing comes down. I have 2 messages in the inbox currently which I can see from the server. Has anyone ever seen their phone give any type of error message?

Something along the lines as "...operation interrupted...".

However, as for your phone not wanting to download emails sitting on the server.

Under "Options (2/3)" check to make sure it is set to "display the messages from..." and under "Options (3/3)" make sure it is set to download the headers AND ~25KB of the message body (or full email).

Also, with Verizon make sure you have configured your VZWMAIL.NET account.

mine came with a doc but what exactly is the purpose?

the usb connection does the same thing

btw

have we merged my thread onto this one?

Last edited:
Perris, mine didn't come with a dock, but a customer who has the VZW VX6700 got one. There isn't a point to it.

Perris, no. I didn't merge your thread because I didn't know if you wanted it merged.

I'll have to check my settings.

I had GMAIL downloading fine without a verizon account setup on my phone, so not sure that is the case.

You need VZWMAIL.NET for outgoing on Verizon's network. I was just throwing that out there.

Perris, mine didn't come with a dock, but a customer who has the VZW VX6700 got one. There isn't a point to it.

Perris, no. I didn't merge your thread because I didn't know if you wanted it merged.
I don't know if that one should be merged to this one or not, I leave it to your judgement

Communicator Mobile was originally released on April 21, 2006. For more information on fixes included in this latest version, please see KB article 919950.

Communicator Mobile extends the reach of Live Communications Server 2005 to information workers who use Windows Mobile based devices. Communicator Mobile offers a similar look and feel to the desktop version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2005, and it ensures that access to capabilities that are provided by Live Communications Server 2005 continues when users are away from their desks.

Communicator Mobile is available in four editions for Windows Mobile based devices, depending on which operating system the device is running. The installation file for each operating system is as follows:

Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Pocket PCs
Downloadable file name: CommunicatorMobile_PPC2003.msi.

Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PCs
Downloadable file name: CommunicatorMobile_PPC50.msi.

Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone
Downloadable file name: CommunicatorMobile_SP2003.msi.

Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone
Downloadable file name: CommunicatorMobile_SP50.msi.

More Information and Download: Microsoft

Is there any kind of tweak/hack that will keep your sent messages somewhere so that Outlook can get them at some point?

I have my phone setup and working fine, messages go to the phone I can send and receive without issue. When I run Outlook it downloads messages that I originally received, but anything I ever sent stays on the phone and doesn't come onto the PC. Is there anything I can do, even if it's a manual process?

Matt gave me a tip if there is something I may need, I can CC myself which works. Was just wondering if there was another way without having to do that.

FWIW, I thought I would mention that the Treo 700w does NOT require a registry hack to stay connected all the time for a send/receive. It's simply a box you can check, which is off by default, that also has a time adjustable interval for doing the send/receive :)

On the "Server Information" section, which is 4 of 4 for your account setup, there is an Options button. If you click that, you can check a box that says "Connect and Check for messages every:" with the time interval

I thought the connect meant to dial up, but mine stays dialed in all day long and I turn it off at night :)

Yes, but that option doesn't keep my customer (VX6700) connected at all times. It still dials *777 every time.

However, that might be because of her data plan (I don't think she signed up for unlimited).

Yes, but that option doesn't keep my customer (VX6700) connected at all times. It still dials *777 every time.

However, that might be because of her data plan (I don't think she signed up for unlimited).
I don't think that matters as verizon, like any other, will charge overages withou warning. There is a disclaimer of sorts on that page that warns about more data charges if you stay connected.

It doesn't phase me. With Cingular I have an unlimited plan and it keeps me connected at all times -- no dialing out and even when I am on the phone.

I have found that when I am connected, and am on the phone, my signal and clarity is a bit deteriorated :(

This happens at an AMAZING time:

http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=13035

I am not really happy with my phone atm, and I'm prepared to eat my words saying that I just don't like typing out long e-mails on it :(

I know you guys told me that the Treo was a bad keyboard layout, and I've used it before just not to the amount of traffic I do now.

Perhaps it's time for a switch to Cingular in the Fall ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back