The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Re: New toy: Windows Mobile 5.0 phone

You deserve a cookie for this information.

I check every day for an update and nothing. I'm excited. I would imagine this would be a ROM/OS upgrade but why do they say only business customers?

It should also be a newer ROM than the one I am using now because the one I have doesn't support push email.

I officially ordered a Treo 700w. It was supposed to come yesterday, but as I wasn't home (stupid day jobs!), they didn't leave it :(

I won't be there today either, but will sneak to the Post Office tomorrow morning to pick it up :)

I know most of you don't like Treos, in the sense of how they work with WM5, but I have used a Treo extensively for work and I like the design. I spent a good amount of time playing in the Verizon store as well, seems nice :D

Picked up a 2GB SD card too :smoker:

I hope you have small fingers to type on that keyboard.

My fingers are fine, they are worse on my Blackberry for work :s

Grab the ROM update from Verizon and get cracking.

Will do as soon as I get it - won't be until tomorrow morning.

I'm excited :D

I posted that already in News Submissions. Keep up, will you?

I found it after, fell a bit behind this week sorry :p

Why don't you post on the frontpage?

Hey Guys -

I got my phone, thing is freaking sweet. I did the install on my PC, got ActiveSync setup, etc, everything synced and works great. I do have a question though....

I found this online - http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exe...433&issue=How do I setup my email account(s)?

Worked like a charm, but it creates a seperate account. When I first synced to my PC, it created a sort of default inbox and such. How do I alter that, so that my new e-mail that gets downloaded through my phone goes into that box? Do I have to delete the stuff on my phone and start new or something? I tried to alter options of the accounts, but I don't think the default account is listed...

When you setup a POP3 account it will create a new folder. "Outlook E-mail" is your mail from your computer.

Right, that's what I figured.

BUT, what if I want the Treo to sync with my PC, but still receive, to the phone, the same e-mail that would have gone to my PC if it was open?

Basically I have a GMAIL account that goes to my PC, and I want it to go to my phone as well when I'm away from the PC, and then sync with the PC when I return.

3G makes me think it will be Verizon or Sprint.

You should work for Cingular - showboat :eek: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back