The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

NetRyder said:
Also posted as front page news here
smile.gif
Guess I'm guilty of not RTFA as I didn't see this ...
No simple changlogs have been released for either version, but I imagine the Firefox release contains a fix for the recent exploit, as they are usually quite quick at resolving them.
:)

Hmm... one of my friends has a different one and he said that he didn't change it.

~bk said:
Hmm... one of my friends has a different one and he said that he didn't change it.
Is it a official build or custom? Perhaps if a custom the compiler (as in the person not the actual compiler :p) changed it?

Questions about thunderbird Email Program

I just got my new pc magazine in and a read a small article about the mozilla thunderbird being an excellent replacement for outlook express. i was wondering if i switch to thunderbird, can i transfer all my saved email files to thunderbird, and remove outlook express?

does the software do it automatcially or do i have to find the file and manually transfer it?

just downloaded and installed it, it's nice to know you can import all the information to make it a seamless transition.

thanks for the info. i think i'm going to like this one better. i like how it sperates the different accounts, so i can tell which mail is which. now, how do you remove outlook express? is it as simple as going to add/remove programs?

Taggert_LOA said:
thanks for the info. i think i'm going to like this one better. i like how it sperates the different accounts, so i can tell which mail is which. now, how do you remove outlook express? is it as simple as going to add/remove programs?
Yeah, I really like Thunderbird's way of creating separate folder groups for each account. Works nicely for organizational purposes.

I believe you can't uninstall OE completely, just like you can't remove IE. The Add/Remove Windows Components options just removes all shortcuts to OE, but not the files/folders themselves, if I remember correctly.

Lee said:
Saw it earlier this morning and no-one yet to post it on front page, so here goes.
Sorry beat ya Lee :p
Xie said:
Should be noted that security releases were made for Mozilla suite(1.7 branch), Firefox and Thunderbird today. Read about it here.

Oh and on frontpage in comments here . Sad everyone overlooks Mozilla for silly Firefox now :(

-edit- eek sorry if that sounded pissy Lee .. not my intention :eek:

Problem with Firefox 0.9.3

I downloaded and installed the newest update to firefox and lost all of my bookmarks, cookies, and other settings. This really stinks! :mad:

theophilus said:
I downloaded and installed the newest update to firefox and lost all of my bookmarks, cookies, and other settings. This really stinks! :mad:
eek ... what version where you using before the upgrade? I know that 0.9 changed directorys that it stored that stuff in. Also I know it sucks but backing up before and upgrade is always a good idea.

that shouldnt of happend...i didnt have that happend too me. If i remember i think there a is folder u might have to move them too. U will have to wait and see what someone else says cause they should know.

You should still be able to find your old bookmarks in application data>mozilla somewhere.

I forget exactly where, but unless you specifically deleted that folder, they should still be there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back